Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101938 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #630 on: June 25, 2010, 11:39:14 PM »
No matter how fast you go, keep them eyes open. They are out there, and yes they are out to get you. ;)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 25, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »
..i've been forced off the road twice...

..three times avoided collisions by hard braking...

..once, i even slid my rear tire....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 25, 2010, 11:46:02 PM »
oops, I was preaching to the converted. ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:51:33 PM by sidthesloth »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 25, 2010, 11:49:39 PM »
..itsa good thing to preach on that...

..can't be too careful no matter what two-wheeler you ride....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 27, 2010, 03:38:14 AM »
It's all good when you see the proof in the pudding! The plugs electrode end has to face the exhaust port. That is where the flame starts. You want it to burn towards the exhaust just like lighting a charcoal fire. The flame travels away from the Ign source
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 27, 2010, 09:30:58 AM »
G'day zombie, see you're back. i did the piston kerfing yesterday, used a half round file and a round file for the sides of the groove, must say I have not noticed any performance difference, but will se how the piston looks, heat wise next time I open it up. This time the heat marks were ther on the exhaust side again.
With regards to the plug indexing, I was just wondering wether to have the gap facing up into the dome of the combustion chamber or, as I said earlier, toward the rear cylinder wall. I have got some wad punches the sizes I need so coke cans are it for plug indexing. :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 29, 2010, 03:16:12 AM »
I think your head needs to be turned 180 degrees. That dome should point to the back wall not the exhaust port. That may be a huge difference in pre ignition. Check it out, and see if it can be turned! If it can the point of the plug should face the exhaust, and the same even if the head cant turn. Either way you should be able to lower the jug again with the piston done. It sounds like that may be the FLAW in design you are fighting. The dome should be away from the port, and facing the back wall. They may have drilled the plug hole at the wrong angle in the head. Most of the knock offs come from drawings, and get confused on the cnc. The plug should also be angled toward the back wall.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 29, 2010, 04:09:18 AM »
Sorry zombie, I was not very clear in my explanation, the plug does point toward the ex. port, but with the gap of the electrode, depending on how far I turn the plug I can have the gap facing the rear wall, to the left or right side or up into the combustion chamber. The plug hole is in the same location as the original head, just that the entire head is a lot larger, (this makes it so the plug is not quite centre in the air shroud housing). I will include a pic. of the head. I did take a pic of the head with the plug in it when I had it off the other day but can not find it. This pic is from the initial setting up a few months ago. The clean spot is just off side from the rear wall.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 29, 2010, 04:11:38 AM »
Forgot to mention in the last post, when I open it up again next week I will take a pic of both heads together so you can see the size difference, when you see them together it is quite a difference.

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 29, 2010, 08:28:24 AM »
HOLY CRAP THIS IS SOME SERIOUS CHIT ! GIMMIE MY STOCKER @ 40 MPH & I'M HAPPY !
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 29, 2010, 10:25:37 AM »
Ah mate, you haven't lived until you have lived that chinese stuff from ebay. I have learnt more with this than I would ever have dreamed of. :)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 29, 2010, 12:22:16 PM »
Oh, on a side note Rob, when you leave the speedo behind and use your fuel gauge for speed reference you won't want stock anymore.;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 29, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »
Ok I get it! The squish is taking all the heat. Your detonation is from trying to compress the flame front. Turn your plug 180 degrees to get the front inside the combustion chamber. That should finish cooling things down. I like the fuel gauge reference. For the past several months my petcock has been stuck in the open position, and recently I have been fighting a rich bog on take off. I found the diaphragm in the petcock had ruptured, and fuel was being drawn thru the vacuum line. I was filling the tank TWICE a day...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 29, 2010, 11:13:12 PM »
I was filling the tank TWICE a day...
OUCH!!!
Yeah, that was what I was wondering about. Sometimes I just wonder, if, maybe, hell why not try something different. It will either work, or not. Nothing to lose. :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 29, 2010, 11:25:30 PM »
I was filling the tank TWICE a day

..the ppl get worse mileage than my guilty...but it'll slam it in performance...

..even now, with the problem it has developed, it'll still out-perform the A50...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()