Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101934 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #645 on: June 29, 2010, 11:28:35 PM »
 :)........the conversion is in progress........ :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 30, 2010, 03:41:17 AM »
Just a few km will tell.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 30, 2010, 03:42:12 AM »
..ya'll suck....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 30, 2010, 09:02:46 PM »
what up guys? happened to see a reference to the petcocks.. when i was removing my carb for jetting...every time i disconnected the fuel line it would free flow till i plugged it up.. i DONT have any fuel coming thru the vaccum line either...    oh yeah, my mpg keeps going down with any mods..lmao.. really goes down with the 93 + octane boost..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 01, 2010, 12:12:40 AM »
Hi batman, I don't know anything about the petcocks as I have not yet had a problem with mine, though I dare say it will come. If you can it would be worth opening it up and clean it out.
Ha, you reckon your mpg has dropped, just wait till you increase your cylinder/carb and jets. Sometimes I think the fastest part of my scoot is the fuel gauge. :) But then again, my fuel gauge is now my speedo. Gonna suck when my first speeding fine in fifteen years is on a scooter. ;)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 01, 2010, 01:10:33 AM »
yeah, im wondering how much more its gonna drop next week after squish/exhaust work..lmao..  oh well, at least im getting faster.... ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 01, 2010, 04:20:06 AM »
I don't think that will drop you mpg, that work is more about making the engind run more efficiently, which is the first step in improving economy. Good luck, I think you will enjoy it.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 01, 2010, 11:22:42 AM »
Turned spark plug around today to face into the combustion chamber and no performanceimprovement, perhaps a little slower on pickup, though only ever so slightly. Will give it a couple of days and see how it goes. I still feel there is so much more to be had from this engine that I just can't seem to get, maybe the exhaust is my hurdle..?!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 02, 2010, 07:45:47 PM »
Maybe the salvage yard you talked about has a few old pipes you could try? I think it may be worth a trip to see. Your pipe was a low rpm pipe, and I don't think we know what the jug is supposed to do. That giant exhaust port makes me think low rpm tho. Will that scoot pull the front wheel? It SHOULD. I yank just a bit on the bars to get mine. but it will hold it once up.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 02, 2010, 07:56:04 PM »
Not a chance, I flipped it once and that was a concerted effort of pulling all my weight back at exactly the right time. I doubt they would have anything, just old bikes. I will try to get another exhaust but it will have to wait, have ignored everything else for too long. On a side note, the bloke to see about the scrapped Honda Lead is the Kymco dealer who went bankrupt. Word is that he is now working on an oil rig.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 02, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »
... he is now working on an oil rig...

..hope that works out fo 'm...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 04, 2010, 08:30:29 PM »
If I remember right your stock pipe fit the jug, so you should have no trouble fitting one, but which one? I have the Technigas rs2, and it out performs the next r on a 70cc jug kit. It may not do as well on an 80cc tho. My thought is a yx 80 pipe modified to fit the header pipe. That is a high reving expansion chamber design, and if you can find one second hand it may not hurt toooo much if it is not right. That is what I would try. The rs2 is made to run 11'000 rpm on a 70cc so it will drop some in both rpm's and power after 9'000 on an 80cc

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 05, 2010, 06:29:50 AM »
Damn, now you get me thinking about more ways to tinker :), I have been a bit busy with the car lately, also on afternoon shift. Had to do a safety course today, started at 8:00am to 3:15pm and started work at 4:00pm. Have to finish the car tomorrow. Will look into the exhaust when I can.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 27, 2010, 05:33:36 AM »
Just to revive an old thread, om my way to work this afternoon I will keep my eyes open for a lonely air filter. Yep, mine fell off on my way home last night. Am looking fora k&n filter, not easy, $32 in US + $37 postage to Aus. havd another cheapy to run with until one turns up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 27, 2010, 11:18:20 AM »
... I will keep my eyes open for a lonely air filter. Yep, mine fell off on my way home last night.

..was that one of those Emco filters??

...mine dropped off too!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()