Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101985 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #330 on: April 15, 2010, 02:07:04 AM »
The boost port is not an issue if there are windows cut into the piston skirt, and the exhaust can be fixed by raising the jug IF it does not interfere w/ the rest of the timings. The piston can also be relieved to accomadate the exhaust port. Here is a degree wheel. http://www.tavia.com/free_degree_wheel.html  You may need this next . Print it, and laminate it to an old 33rpm record from a thrift shop I put clear shelf paper over it to keep the grease of. it's easy to trim the plastic w/ tin snips to fit the size you print out. Get ready sid cause the tuning fun has just begun...   Shaka~Music Please!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 15, 2010, 02:08:37 AM »
Oh yeah! lot's of us here will handel a drop shipment for you! Hate to see people taken advantage of...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 15, 2010, 02:15:51 AM »
Man this program is seems complicated!  I can't figure out what is going on.  The transfers may be below as well.  This may take some time to figure out!  I'm working on it though!  When I uploaded you port map into the one program it gives me a different view of what the other is saying, just strictly by numbers.  Confusing!!! 

Ps.  Shipping from Moped Hospital is pretty cheap to me.  I could ship it to you no problem!  Actually, Zombie's even closer to them.  Feel like a road trip to Key West Zombie?  ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 15, 2010, 02:39:08 AM »
Is some rice white?  HEdoublehockeysticks YEAH! It would be soooo much better to se Sid's kit screamin' first. I think all the ports are below the piston from the map. If so a Major rebuild of the crank/con rod/cases, and cutting the top of the jug would correct it. The cc's would also go down thus negating the point of the kit! What happens w/ these China kits is "someone" sits down and takes picts of a good kit, and loads the picts. into a simple CAD program that can run thousands of "knock offs" a week! They flood mostly developing nations with CHEAP merchandise, and the failure rate is mostly un-reported. There are 2 "Thunder dragon" kits that I know of, and they have the same problem. I live in a S W A M~ F'N ~P, and know about it. BUTTTT... I never give up on a part unless it cracks or breaks. Zombie is not just an internet name. Everyone calls me zombie because if it is mechanical in nature, and considered DEAD... I bring it to life! "Parts are parts" Even if the name on the jar said Aby someone! Aby whom you may ask? Aby Normal I think.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 15, 2010, 03:34:03 AM »
I would love to see Sid's kit scream!!!  I'm the same way with making stuff work!  There is always a way!  Sometimes it turns out to not be worth all the work though!  I just really want to figure out what exactly is wrong, before we give up on it!  One question I have is what is the Conrod length?  I can's seem to find a definitive answer anywhere!  I used 80mm in the software, which I think is right, but not certain. 

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 15, 2010, 03:52:03 AM »
Here's a pic of sid's port map with where the program put TDC and BDC.  This looks about right as the BDC line is right on top of Sid's.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 15, 2010, 05:10:04 AM »
G'Day all, he responded with saying that it is one of the best, he did mention polini and malossi saying some of them are made in Taiwan. Still maintains the 3/1 fuel/oil ratio. The fuel and oil I am using would work out to a little over $7.00 per litre. Ouch.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 15, 2010, 05:51:15 AM »
It really doesn't sound like he knows what he is talking about!  I don't even think 3:1 fuel to oil would even combust!  Malossi and Polini are not made in Taiwan.  They are both in Italy.  Plus, yours is not made in Taiwan, but rather China!  Someone really needs to put a stop to people selling these products which don't work!!!! >:(

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 15, 2010, 06:01:09 AM »
OK! He is feeding you Dog $hit instead of Kibble. 3:1 oil will cool it down enough to run, no doubt. That is not the REAL WORLD THO! Can you stick to it and PROVE to him that the jug is a KNOCK OFF? I bought a cdi from a fella in Hawaii that SWORE I was mistaken. After proving him wrong by finding other scoots that it worked on, (I still to this day recommend him to the PROPER customers) I was refunded EVERY PENNY! It's not a personal attack on your supplier, and if you convince him of this it may well work out. That jug MAY work on another scoot, but it "appears" it may NOT work on a ZX/SUPER FEVER. Keep Contact W/him. Show him the thread! Maybe he has another kit to replace this one that will make it right? Shaka knows I posted against the cdi untill Someone else posted w/ the correct application. I recommended the seller, and it turned up roses for all. Sid You Have The Patience Of A Saint! If you give up I would like to have your Gravity boots! (just in case)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 15, 2010, 07:14:36 AM »
Thanks for the support, I have no intention of giving up, but I am also realistic enough to accept it when I am flogging a dead horse. I will keep on contacting him but I doubt that anything will come of it. I think his actual statement was 300cc of oil to  1000cc of gas.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 15, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »
Thanks zombie and Shaka, I missed some bits earlier (must be from checking in on the mobile phone), I downloaded the degree wheel,
Shaka, with the measurements I gave b.d.c. was 41.7mm from the top of the cylinder, with the deck height of 0.35mm (I believe that would be negative, piston below the cylinder top). Hey zombie, if anyone has the patience of a saint, I don't think it is on this side of the world. :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 15, 2010, 06:44:14 PM »
I just noticed Sid, You worked up to Sr. Member on 1 single build! How's about that?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 15, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »
I just noticed Sid, You worked up to Sr. Member on 1 single build! How's about that?

..dang...i had to bullsh*t my way there..

..props to sid!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 15, 2010, 09:03:02 PM »
Yeah, I can gab on a bit.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 15, 2010, 10:44:49 PM »
Yeah Slinger was posting the time of day to get props. At the tone the time will be 6:66

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()