Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101956 times)

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #510 on: May 13, 2010, 03:44:09 PM »
At least you know what to look for now! ;)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 13, 2010, 09:08:13 PM »
I emailed sutai a few weeks ago about a cdi and coil but no response, so tried to ring them yesterday but got "this number could not be connected". See what else I can find.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 14, 2010, 12:01:00 AM »
You may have to dial "0" for an international operator assisted call. My cell phone cannot get thru, but my Magic jack on the computer does. Email doesn't really get a response from them. Be prepared to ask if "anyoe speekee da eeenglish" a few times. You can get a better coil on ebay for about 1/2 the price of the stock one.    http://shop.ebay.com/kingstarscooters/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686   That's the store I bought mine from $19.75 shipped.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 14, 2010, 12:03:56 AM »
..imma get me a coil...i'm still using my stock coil and cdi....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 14, 2010, 12:06:45 AM »
The gy6 Hi perf. coil is the one you want. About the same price too. For both of you guys... Unscrew the new boot that comes w/ the coil, and re-use your stock one It is much better quality.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 14, 2010, 12:08:11 AM »
...reckon i would get better performance from a hp coil and a "race" cdi?

..guess i would.....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 14, 2010, 12:43:36 AM »
The only trouble w/ all the race cdi's is MOST of them are NOT what they say. Race appears to be a catch word for de-restricted

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 14, 2010, 12:45:48 AM »
...true, i can get on that...ssso, do you know of a good, reliable suped-up cdi for my A50

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 14, 2010, 12:48:07 AM »
...again, i pick the brain of the un-dead...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 14, 2010, 02:20:53 AM »
No go, stock boot dead, currently using NGK one. sent another email this morning, another excercise in time wasting it would seem?
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 14, 2010, 02:22:10 AM »
...your gettin one helluva workout.....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 14, 2010, 03:23:33 AM »
http://www.motorcycle-components.com/   If you scroll down the page on the LEFT side near the bottom is the phone # that will get you thru. The email is never answered. They sell 10's of thousands of units per day. 1 guy floating in space over Ausi> don't blow their skirt up. Slinger what I would do is set up a timing light, and mark the timing advance from idle to wot at 100 rpm increments. transfer those marks to degrees using a degree wheel. Snap on has an inductive timing light w/ a built in tach. That will give you the timing map of your cdi. you can add timing btdc to increase the power, or retard the timing if you feel that range is too close to detonation. I went lower than stock all the way to 7000 rpm,s and then went 3 degrees over stock to the top (2 degrees over at 11'000-13'000). The best you can do is guess, run good fuel, and hope! let Suitai see the map you make, and let them know the areas you want to improve. My GUESS for a 4t would bee +2 till 2500/+3 till 6'000/+2 till unlimited. The + is adding that # of degrees to the stock curve. I lowered my numbers cause I shaved .5mm off the head, and doubled my carb size. In Sids case depending on the final compression ratio you may want different #'s. I can help you figure those when you get the most out of your kit, install the fresh rings, and get a good compression reading

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 14, 2010, 03:31:26 AM »
I've been thinking about a custom programmed cdi myself lately.  I was wondering how to tell what my timing advance is currently.  A timing light will tell that?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 14, 2010, 03:35:35 AM »
Slinger what I would do is set up a timing light, and mark the timing advance from idle to wot at 100 rpm increments. transfer those marks to degrees using a degree wheel. Snap on has an inductive timing light w/ a built in tach. That will give you the timing map of your cdi. you can add timing btdc to increase the power, or retard the timing if you feel that range is too close to detonation. I went lower than stock all the way to 7000 rpm,s and then went 3 degrees over stock to the top (2 degrees over at 11'000-13'000). The best you can do is guess, run good fuel, and hope! let Suitai see the map you make, anä let them know the areas you want to improve. My GUESS for a 4t would bee +2 till 2500/+3 till 6'000/+2 till unlimited

...i gotta research this further....

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 14, 2010, 03:45:40 AM »
That doesn't make complete sense to me yet.  I'll have to keep reading it.  I thought a timing light just flashed at every spark?  How do you calculate the timing advance from that?  Mark the flywheel?  How would you do that while it's spinning? ???  My dad is in town for the week, I'll be checking with him tomorrow!  On a funny note, I got him out riding my scoot today!  He came back with a big grin on his face!  He ran over a squirrel!!!! :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()