Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 105360 times)

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2010, 04:56:53 PM »
Damn that sucks about your accident!  Glad your alright!  My current set-up is 1500 Jasil fly springs, Malossi 1000 (white) contra, Motorio clutch, Malossi Multivar, 8.5g Dr. Pulley sliders.  I'm pretty close on my set-up.  I think it could still be a little better though.  I will try a stiffer contra, probably the Malossi green, when I get around to it.  Also, may try the 2000 Jasil fly springs.  I just recently got the new clutch and 1500 springs so I'm gonna run those for awhile while trying to sort out getting the engine tuned and mildly ported.  I've also got some new piston rings to install when I'm done with that.  I do live in the flats here in Wilmington, but hills don't phase me too much as it currently is.  Jasil is available through Moped Hospital, as well as Motorio.  From what I've gathered they are Taiwanese manufactured parts.  They seem to be of decent quality.  

Ps. Forgot to mention that I have a lower final reduction ratio so my set-up will vary from your stock.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:07:28 PM by Shaka »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2010, 08:28:46 PM »
Nothing but flats here! If you liked the 7's for pep but had better top end w/ the 7.5's then the 7's will work better w/ a lighter contra spring (Malossi white) allowing the var to close easier. That set up will also give you slightly higher rpm's. 2t's LUV rpm's. That, and the mid range fly springs will really set you off.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2010, 01:37:44 PM »
hey guys, whats the deal wit springs..been lookin at sum, i thought the fly springs were all the same, the contra is different, how do i know which one..seen sum for zuma,minareli,horizontal,qmb? ,etc,wth?? very seldom have i seen the name kymco on any springs, especially not a zx....seen scooter assasins ebay store, springs, but says puegeut?,stricker..difference???
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2010, 03:27:05 PM »
..dude, glad to hear you're okay...i've had some really close calls, but fortunately, no impacts yet...

..ain't looking forward to that day....

..i know that Leo Vince parts swap out with my clutch...as well as malossi...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »
thanks dude, yeah that scared the sh** otta me.. couldnt see nuttin but the car,like tunnel vision..WHEW!! thanks for the answer.,i know i have seen different size main springs,(dia.).. do u think its possible to get a "bad spring"?
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »
Kinda doubt that! if it got bent during the install it would make a difference. Funny how life slows down when eminent danger is staring you in the face.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2010, 10:33:38 PM »
Try honda dio or sym dio. yesterday we had a car coming at us on the wrong side of the road passing two trucks and a heap of cars, my wife was not impressed, trying to learn you dont need idiots like that. but hey, thats life, we are still here after all.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2010, 10:36:39 PM »
..!!YIKES!!!!!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2010, 12:37:54 PM »
 :o glad you made it thru sid, hey slinger, dont think yikes came out of MY mouth..lmao...it can be nuts out there...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »
http://www.malossiusaonline.com/category_s/23.htm   That page has the spring sets you can use. Also note the brands that they fit, and you can cross shop using those models. Those are the same springs I run in mine.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2010, 10:45:32 PM »
:o glad you made it thru sid, hey slinger, dont think yikes came out of MY mouth..lmao...it can be nuts out there...

..yeah, i was just tryin' to be cooth...lol...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2010, 03:27:47 PM »
my phone must be killing me on here.. i looked at those springs, swear they all look the same...lmao..it only showed springs, didnt say any applications for them.. so black is 2000 in malossi brand.. want to trade out main springs also..whats the green??....goes white, yellow, black, purple, green?????
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2010, 07:05:38 PM »
Forget about the stiffest springs. They are for hi hp applications only. I am running the mid weight fly spring, and the Malossi yellow contra. Either the white or yellow contra, and the mid weight fly should work out fine for yours. The heavier the rollers the heavier the contra.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2010, 10:46:52 PM »
Malossi does a few different sets of springs.  I believe the ones you want are either the Sport Set #29 8746 or #29 9605.  I think either one of these will work. 

For the Contra spring they do:

White-  29 8360.WO  Reinforced
Green-  29 8323.GO  +60%
Violet-  29 8324.VO  +82%
Blue-    29 8325.AO  +106%

This is all per the Malossi catalog I have, It's hard to understand because it's in many different languages!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2010, 12:22:17 AM »
they have yellow also tho..thanks, figured green would b way hard and for race apps.... how many of u are everyday riders of these scoots??..im havin to depend on mine for a while longer, lookin better an runnin way better to....lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()