Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108383 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2010, 02:50:55 AM »
...yup, i gotta 3-ring binder that includes my service manual, and numerous posts from this forum...always good to have a hard copy of what you find prudent....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2010, 03:16:44 AM »
i know thats right....lmao...i started a folder, just found a post from shaka an zombie i need all 9 pgs....lol
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2010, 03:23:31 AM »
...those guys help me make my scoot what it is today...

8)

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2010, 03:44:49 AM »
Thanks for all the props guys! ;D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2010, 03:47:03 AM »
..y' wecc'm my brother...it's true....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2010, 04:00:00 AM »
I thought Cathroiexerzst was a girl! Thanks anyway~~~
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2010, 04:01:04 AM »
..spittin green spew even....

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2010, 01:22:48 AM »
imagine that i have a couple ?...1.) ever heard of/know of why the 2t "pop", as i seen u referr to it, on de-accel the pop is virtually non exestint at times, actually silent!!.... hey z, i seen on a post wit u an shaka bout how fast we should go, well shaka had the kit on an STILL only going what i am going NOW wit stock jug untill the reed cage was changed: would a reed cage help even wit stock jug since a, my speed same even BEFORE a kit,and b, cheaper than a kit for now to aid the scoot??....3.) since i an a jr on these on you all done all this work to yours, wel what have u done wit old parts?? how bout a tuned oem carb shipped??   got one anybody??....hmm?? really, what up wit old parts that may help ME?? i will buy!! the carb tuning, sounds whack, z makes his own jets?? oh sh**, wth? i buy sum!!.. i know alot to write, only like 3 ? tho...lmao..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2010, 01:35:01 AM »
Reeds may help a little.  I was suffering a power loss because I was running the stock reeds and manifold with a larger carb.  It was creating a restriction so the additional fuel couldn't flow through.  Malossi makes a reed cage that will fit the stock manifold.  I have all my old parts, not really sure how they'd help you though?  As for tuning a stock carb, there is not much to tune without the trial and error process of actually running it and doing plug chops.  The only thing worthwhile I may have is some green Jasil clutch spring installed on my stock clutch.  I have a set of new 9g Malossi rollers also.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2010, 01:51:17 AM »
yeah, thats the part that scares me..lol SOUNDS very difficult and a severe pain in the backside...i sanded my clutch discs a touch seemed to actually help takeoff, wonder if IT'S the culprit.... id say 9s are way to heavy...lol...never had a silent pipe huh....was windy as hell today but has done it b4, just odd..i try to notice any an all sounds from it...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2010, 02:24:26 AM »
Usually when the pipe is silent on De-accell, it is because the idle mix is too lean, and there is not enough fuel to burn. The thing to do there is go up 1-2 sizes on the idle jet, and re-adjust the mix screw. MOST stock scooters are silent at that point. You just don,t notice w/ a quite factory pipe. Getting my idle circuit correct was the hardest part in tuning the entire scoot for me. Mine is now way rich, as the mix screw is barely 1/2 turn out to maintain a good idle, and give me a decent mix on De-accell. something that would help alittle w/ all around performance is to replace the stock reeds w/ some lite weight carbon graphite. you can buy a few sheets of "stock" from most bike shops. I use .o29" Boysen  reed stock. and simply trace the original reed on to the stock. It cuts easily w/ a razor knife after a few passes. Use epoxy to re-seal the cut edges, and holes. I use my old parts to make Zombies (dead scoots that I bring back to life). They would do you no good anyway. Tuning what you have to run it's best is the way to go until you upgrade some of the parts. Reeds are a good start. Rollers, and springs, variator, clutch, air filter, jets will keep you just under 50mph. The jug kit will add almost 5mph, and get you there quicker. I know it is intimidating at first, but the more you get done the more you will learn to do. You have all the right questions. experience will supply MOST of the answers. Look at sidthesloth! He doesn't need anymore help.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2010, 02:43:18 AM »
Dont be so sure
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2010, 03:03:33 AM »
Got your back Bro!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2010, 04:14:43 AM »
 ???   well if that keeps me only under 50 & kit adds ONLY 5mph($275 4 5mph)..why even mess wit that much since im at 47mph NOW. with only pipe, rollers, springs, no rev limiter??????   .....just changing reeds on that oem cage will help??  seen you mention the 2 petal, of course the oem is 3........ you say too lean, ok does it make a difference that my oil pump is running rich (i go thru lot of oil..lol)... so i was told, thru the cable at the pump...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2010, 04:56:50 AM »
Every little bit helps, but once you get to the point your at it seems like every 1 mph costs $100 and many hours of tuning!  The stock reeds are 3 petal, but they are comparatively small to the 2 petal set-ups.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()