Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108384 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2010, 04:58:49 AM »
One thing I noticed when I derestricted the cdi was that it would do 80kmh (indicated) but that little engine was screaming her little tits off, when I put on the larger cylinder it will go faster but does not sound to be overworking, almost like it has a lot more to give, I just can't seem to get it yet. I guess what I am saying is if you can afford it, it would be worth doing. Just make sure you pick a better brand than the one I got.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2010, 05:01:12 AM »
I totally agree Sid! 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2010, 06:13:18 AM »
 seen you mention the 2 petal,  By that I am referring to 2 STAGE reeds. This first page has SOME good info on them http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-62/reeds-2-stage-single-stage-37543/   This second page has some photos of 2 stage reeds. http://www.boyesen.com/cwo/OFFROAD   They are actually 2 reeds per side. 1 is VERY thin to open quickly, and give a better throttle response, and the "main" reed is stiffer to prevent fluttering at high rpm's. The draw back for us scooter 2t'ers is there is no low rpm range for us. var expands/clutch locks, and the wind blows. so the extra material on the 2 stage reeds is actually too thick to allow precise response at the high rpm's that we run. They do work very well on tuned bikes w/ a gear box but not for us
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2010, 04:45:08 PM »
your tryin to confuse me rnt you??..lol....i was thinking i coyld change all these 30-60$ things and be ALOT better untill i can go further...$50 is easier to get than an extra $275..i have a extra reed cage, maybe i am reaching way to soon, but some stuff would b easier to get than others for me at this time. am gonna get new malossi springs, rollers, was thinkin a reed cage may help also for  my dam near stock rig,was thinkin reed cage, carb to go to.obamas killing me up here!!!!!...hope i dont offend you if your radical......i know i know, you wanna scream at me, i could b a burntout tho or maybe he rode the short bus, shhhhh!!!!!...RLMMFAO...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2010, 12:23:02 AM »
anyway, check this....i was looking at malossi and seen a 70cc mhr replica cyl kit, will that fit a zx?? it doesnt have a head just jug,piston,etc.. could i use oem head?? they on closeout...this my kit??????.....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2010, 12:53:52 AM »
They do make one that will fit.  Post up the part #.  It is not uncommon to reuse the stock head.  That's what I'm doing with my Airsal kit.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2010, 03:02:48 AM »
I didnt think you could use the original head, mine is a lot smaller.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2010, 03:30:40 AM »
Your cylinder is also a lot bigger!  My piston is machined flat around the edge, so it still works with the original head.  Airsal doesn't make a kit that includes a new head for the ZX.  It is specifically designed to work with the stock head.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2010, 05:56:40 AM »
Ah, that is interesting. I had thought about trying my old one but it is too small.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2010, 02:35:33 PM »
hey shaka......no sh** huh?...hmmm.. but is that why u are/were going as fast as i am NOW????... i didnt see a part number but i am on my phone i seen a product code: 318640... im pretty dam sure i cant see everything wit phone cuz i been to web sites and nothing shows up..i tried contacting them for the apps and the springs but the code to put in to submit wouldnt show, soooooo...what causes clutch disc glazing??.. clutch, set up, my fat ass??? i have gotten rid by sanding twice but surely it shouldnt happen in a few days......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »
 clutch, set up, my fat ass???   That is the cause. The more slip in the clutch the faster the glazing occurs. Also the material used in the pads, and the bell. Harder steel will resist glazing, and softer pads will reduce the effect more. The stiffer springs are a great big bennifit, a reed cage will help all around, if you buy some good stock, and throw away the reeds that come w/ the kit. All you need is the cage, and two sheets of carbon fiber at ..028-.034" thick. Shaka's kit wasn't pulling as hard as it could, because he never finished tuning the jug. Once he gets that all squared away you will se his post of 100 smile faces, and one of these ( ! )
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »
so my clutch sux wit my setup AND i need to lose weight????....hmmm??? what a pal you are!!!!....lmao...he is also using a stock head..i found a kit but no head a mhr replica 70cc..........hey also, i looked at sum springs at malossi and they confuse a touch..seen several sets..i want i guess is 1000- 1500- 2000.. the sets have, white, yellow, black..another has white, yellow, red!!... then u got green, red, blue (clutch springs)..seen two different white and yellow mainsprings, different prices too, looks like same spring, a red one was longer i saw....my phone us killin me i guess..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2010, 10:03:21 PM »
Well I Meant NO diss respect to your fat A$$. You posted it... I would strongly suggest saving for another week or two, and getting the cast iron Malossi 47mm (70cc) kit. Just install the parts, and run. The spring colors apply to as you said 1000/1500/2000, and the reason for the different sets is different lengths. You would have to measure the stock lenght, and ask them for the appropriate set for you.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2010, 10:38:02 PM »
well i am 6'2, 225..idk??? :P   well that kit does come from malossi, just a mhr replica it says!.. guess im screwed until i can get to a pc, sum pics dont even show, to order springs..wanna try sum 2000fly for the sake of argument..i can either get this kit or a reed cage..... which is gonna help more at this time????.....oh yeah, z ive seen where you talk of a unrestr. cdi ordered one,etc.. well you said urs was tuned to the 04 factory settings... mine is 04, so my cdi should be good for the hall, right?? how the hell u gonna tune a box wit no settings to anyway????
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2010, 01:00:42 AM »
Yes, I'm using the stock head.  Here is a pic of my cylinder.  You can see where the piston is machined around the edge to allow the use of the stock head. 
For the clutch you may just be best off with a new one!  The glazing is cause by excessive slippage.  You can try cleaning with rubbing alcohol or brake cleaner and lightly sanding it as well as the bell.  I'll PM you a little tip on a cheap clutch, I don't know if it's still available though.  The different Malossi spring sets you are seeing are for different clutchs.  I think you want what they call the Sport Set #298746, they are green, yellow, & white.  Otherwise I think set #297454 will also fit.  It has green, red, & blue springs.  I'm not sure of the difference between the two.  They do one other set they list as their MHR racing set #298747, black, red, & blue, I don't think these ones will fit.  I think deciding whether to get the cvt tuning done, or the reed cage now depends on what you are looking to accomplish.  If you want to get higher top end, the reed cage may help a little.  If you want to improve overall performance with the same top-end go for the cvt parts.  Keep in mind that by changing the reed cage you may have to tune the cvt anyways.  I always like to re-tune the cvt after I do any engine performance upgrades so I can see what exactly I have accomplished before I move on to the next mod!

Oh yeah, Zombie!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the spacer fabricated and installed yesterday.  I haven't put a whole lot of miles on it yet, but it definitely seems to have greatly improved my low-end and mid-range!!!!  Haven't yet had a chance to do a top speed run.  Also did exactly what the software said and raised my rpm a few hundred!  She takes off like a bat outta hell now!!!  Pretty sure I can wheelie if I wanted too!!!  I ended up running a 1.6mm base spacer and no head gasket all sealed up with that anaerobic sealer you recommended.  I ran out of time to port match the case, but that will come hopefully later this week if I find some time!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()