Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108377 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2010, 01:44:37 AM »
what up shaka? well i plan on getting that same race var that sid has and changing the whole spring set up. gonna try sum malossi rollers, my last two sets have sucked of the brands i have....seen that mhr replica kit and was like thats me!!!!  but thought of a reed cage too, didnt know which to get..lmao...kit or reed cage?????...hmmmm...the kit is on closeout for CHEAP on malossi so i figured it would be good quality stuff..guess i better go look at the pic again to see if that piston is machined on top for stock head too...i will order somethin this week lmao, wanted to today buuuuut this phone wont cooperate...i didnt see the w, y, g springs..saw w, y, r & w, y, b.... i cant even see parts numbers i guess(wit phone)..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 11, 2010, 02:12:13 AM »
Is this the cylinder you are seeing on closeout? http://www.malossiusaonline.com/Peugot_70cc_Cylinder_Kit_CLOSEOUT_p/318640.htm. 

That one will not fit the ZX, it's for a Peugeot.  It also requires the use of the Malossi head.  They offer that kit with or without the head for some reason. 

Here is the MHR Replica kit for the ZX:  http://www.malossistore.be/Prodotto.aspx?type=M&MM=MO/KYDY50&C=31%208473. 

I believe this is the one that Zombie is running:  http://www.malossistore.be/Prodotto.aspx?type=M&MM=MO/KYDY50&C=31%20847

This one says it can use the stock head:  http://www.malossistore.be/Prodotto.aspx?type=M&MM=MO/KYDY50&C=31%206998

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 11, 2010, 02:34:15 AM »
 >:(  well i guess that settles that one then..that was it...i saw the peugot(sp?) name but.....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 11, 2010, 02:38:35 AM »
oh yeah, thanks for the clutch info if you find it....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
wa
« Reply #199 on: May 11, 2010, 03:24:28 AM »
Abso Frigin' Lootly, Shaka !    http://www.malossiusaonline.com/product_p/316405.htm   That is the kit I have... If you Get the kit you can get the xtras later. If you get the extras first you may need to get them again later. A 28mm carb wont even run on your scoot. A set of 5.5 rollers would blow the engine in a 1/4 mile. A reed cage will improve the overall performance w/ the reeds it comes with. but the reeds it comes with will not work well w/ a kit if you don't upgrade the reeds. So batman I would suggest you buy  good kit/ tune it / and get the extras last. Thanks for the 100 smile faces, and a whole bunch of these (!)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2010, 12:53:43 PM »
ok, imma hold off on any kit or carb upgrade for now..i am getting different var, and reed cage, gonna REDO all springs again with rollers BUT!!!!!!!...... (she runs good now thanks to you!!)...the fine tune on a carb sounds way freakin hard but at the same time sounds easy!!  if done by a shop, whats a good price??...what YOU charge?? oem 14mm.. just afraid ill end up throwin it across shop and REALLY hurting my chances...lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2010, 03:31:34 PM »
Sounds like you made a good decision on getting the variator and reed cage.  Another thing to throw out there, when you do a BBK and larger carb, you will need to replace your reed cage and intake manifold.  What parts are you going with?  The part # for my Malossi Multivar is 51 9988.  The Malossi reed valve you want is VL9 part# 27 7740.CO.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2010, 03:59:48 PM »
ok, now im ill.. i just got off the phone wit malossi parts dept.. said theie ISNT a reed cage for the zx.. NO listin for zx AT ALL.. tried to also get spring part numbers, said they dont have a listing for zx so he doesnt know what i want.. of course he asked how i knew it even existed, i said forum, ahh he said, thats the first problem....am i missing sumthin or was he just a dick????    thanks for those numbers shaka, thats the same as zombies correct?? (the reed cage)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2010, 04:30:28 PM »
Those are the correct part #'s.  The problem you are having is probably that Malossi doesn't list any parts for the ZX50.  You have to cross reference off of known fit.  I know for a fact the variator is the correct part # because that is the one I'm using.  I'm about 95% certain that reed cage will fit.  I don't know what reed cage Zombie is using, he has an intake manifold for his 28mm Delorto, but not sure how the reed cage sits. 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2010, 05:16:16 PM »
 M2711796   That's the # for my cage. The var is the same as shaka's. The delorto manifold is a straight bolt on
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2010, 12:36:08 AM »
hey guys, big issues this evening... rode out to the scooter shop wit those 7 rollers i had to install(7.5 much better).. left omw home i was coming down rd at about 48, ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE DIES!!!! rolled to a stop.. at glance, everything appears ok so far BUT my cdi strap broke and i guess the cdi slapped the fan housing or exhaust plate, idk... could o have "popped" the cdi???.. all was good, completely dead engine wit the flick of a switch????       i did get a new clutch and bell today tho. ;D   2 more new parts to add...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2010, 12:38:06 AM »
Do they list it as a Super Fever? Maybe look for the parts for a Honda Dio, being the bigger name that might be what they list under. Just a thought.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2010, 12:48:30 AM »
Zombie- That # M2711796 is for just the reed petals.  Are you still running the stock reed cage with just the Delorto manifold?

Batman- What variator and clutch did you end up ordering?

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2010, 12:55:31 AM »
i cant remember if zombie said he is using a malossi cage or a yz 80 cage?? pretty sure its a malossi tho..... getting same var that sid found on ebay, coupled wit a reed cage i may be ok..lmao.... got a polini clutch and clutch bell.... check my new issue......please and thank you, gotta have her runnin....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2010, 01:00:10 AM »
I think Zombie is using YZ80 reeds that he cut to fit, but not sure on which cage he is using.  I'm near certain that that part # I posted for the VL9 cage is the right one!  Sid had to grind a little on the case to get that variator to fit, I'm sure you know that already though.  It'll be good to get some feedback on the Polini clutch, I don't know anyone that is running one.  Good luck!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()