Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108376 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2010, 02:31:47 AM »
What happened? Is it running now?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2010, 03:59:46 AM »
Was the plug all fouled up?  Did you put a new one in and it started?  I'd be happy to tune your carb for you, the only catch is you gotta get the scoot to Wilmington! ;)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2010, 10:57:39 AM »
zombie, idk what happened, cruising down the rd fine, then a light switch killed scoot...coasted off rd.... FINALLY got her home, all appeares fine, even the plug was a deep rust ish color, dry,  didnt look bad AT ALL!! after all else, put a new plug in and she finally started, kept smelling gas but it started, hope she starts again this a.m   that plug has approx 2200kms...WHY SO SOON TO DIE OUT??.....         DUUUUDE, SOUNDS EASY BUUUUUUT...LOL I WAS HOPING YOU HAD A STOCK SCOOT SUMWHERE AND I COULD JUST SEND THE CARB!!   i mean she runs good i guess, but if its running lean on de accel???...idk   chops sound hard to figure but i guess ive not done it before... maybe its easier since oem..    ill sent it to you....    :-\
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 13, 2010, 11:32:33 AM »
  chops sound hard to figure but i guess ive not done it before...

..for instance, a WOT chop...get yourself in a safe place, where you won't get ran over...

..get your scoot good and warm, shut it off and pop in a new plug..

..now haul ass up th' street for a ways, making sure that you get up to speed...really wind it out..

..while you're at WOT, winding it out, hit the kill switch and keep your throttle in the Wide Open position until you brake to a stop...

..release the throttle, pull your plug and see what it's telling you...

..see, simple!!

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 13, 2010, 12:48:29 PM »
hmmm...ok then, i can handle that part...lmao...any adjustmemts,idk...lmao, imagine that.. finding a good place around here tho, pretty hilly....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 13, 2010, 03:42:38 PM »
What makes you think you're lean on de-accel?  If it is you need to increase the size of the pilot jet.  You can also do a 1/4 throttle plug chop to test the pilot jet.  2,200 kms is a lot on a spark plug.  I change mine about every 1,000 it seems.  Even if I did have a scoot I could put your carb on I would end up with a different "tune" than your scoot will most likely need.  The engine itself, weather, elevation all play a part in the tuning of the carb.  That is why there is not a set rule on carb set-up per level of engine tune.  All you can do is listen to what your spark plugs are telling you! 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 13, 2010, 04:04:05 PM »
All mine ever says is "feed me". You may have a short in the lighting circuit. That could pull the voltage down enough to miss fire the stator. Maybe the plug was just worn tho. If your idle circuit is too lean you will see 2 things, 1 is the scoot will make NO running sound when you are cruising, and shut the throttle. 2 is the idle will rev high for a few seconds (10-20 sec.) before returning to normal. you should be able to fix that by adjusting the air mix screw. Do the standard adjustment, and give it an extra 1/2-3/4 turn counter clockwise. Then bring the idle speed back up using the slide adjustment screw. Also check the 2 green wires,, where you did the de-restrict. If they are not soldered, then do so, or at least use a BUTT Con. to secure the joint. you can loose output from the cdi if that joint gets funky.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 13, 2010, 10:45:39 PM »
good evening...tis i yet again...pleased to be able to update sum and answer shaka.. z said it may b lean on de accel, only reason i even know??  i did 2 "plug chops", 1 at wot, 1 at 1/4 throttle... the plug from wot (besides being FREAKIN HOT!)..lmao  the curved piece(electrode?) on the plug was WHITE    ish, otherwise virtually brand new looking, only the curved piece was colored AT ALL. no nothing....   plug from 1/4 was(looking down from bottom) blackened sum,(that flat portion of curved electrode lookin down is blackened sum) SIDE VIEW of it shows the curved pieced to be white   ish still,  just duller shade..   yes my cdi is soldered together, i did clean it tho an rewrap, started BASICALLY right up each time.. whew, did i do right???...lmao...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 13, 2010, 10:54:53 PM »
...white is LEAN!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2010, 11:37:10 PM »
The wot chop is saying lean. Go up 1 jet size on the Main jet. (if you have an 82 go to an 84) the engine will run hot, and can shut itself down if it gets too hot. You should also get yourself a compression gauge to check that the rings are still working. A local shop should do it for a few $'s. you want to see 100 psi or better on the gauge

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2010, 11:40:31 PM »
..what should my pressure be, i wonder...i've never checked...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2010, 01:57:02 AM »
i guess the oem main jet is 80... DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO TELL A SIZE(manual said 80)....i knew it would come up.....NEVER, NEVER ,NEVER HAVE I GOTTEN 100lbs...i have a gauge...even borrowed one, never 100... manual says 11.5kg/cm2.... dont know how to convert but. ive never gotten 100 or more... 2shops, me, never.. i gotta argue there
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2010, 02:01:10 AM »
...google "metric conversion"....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:05:18 AM by wordslinger »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2010, 02:02:33 AM »
...an 80 jet (.080mm) is mighty lean...my stock A50 was an 80 jet...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2010, 02:10:51 AM »
You should definitley have 100 psi minimum to run!  Have you checked it with the engine warm?  On the plug chops you really need to look down in the end for the "mix" ring around the center electrode.  It's almost all the way down and sometimes hard to see!  The white on the electrode may indicate a lean condition, or just too hot a plug if the mix ring is right.  I just pulled the main jet out of my stock carb and it is a 90 by the way.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()