Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108355 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2010, 11:33:24 AM »
Keep in mind it will run the best with a slightly lean condition!

..FINALLY!!...SOMEBODY ELSE SAID IT!!!!

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 17, 2010, 01:48:19 PM »
evidently so, even richened my mix screw, she spit, sputtered..went back to normal, i guess i take my chances, runs better this way...which even confuses me more................       what bout cobras?? good kymco?  buildable???
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 17, 2010, 06:48:11 PM »
shaka, you were right wit part numbers....got a few things ordered from malossi BUT he said he dont have any white contras, they dont stock them...W.T.F?? i seen them, do i need to ask for a certain kymco model??? got a yellow coming, told him 2t, cobra should work..watch that b wrong....no zx listing at all, sooooo..... should b here next wed
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2010, 12:36:44 AM »
Do a plug chop if you haven't already with the jet you're running now.  My guess is that with only the exhaust you should be pretty close.  I know on my Vento I put a Technigas pipe on it and it runs fine with the stock jet.  Honestly I haven't done a plug chop with it though!  I haven't gotten that far into tuning it yet.  I was just happy that it runs!  I'm not sure about the Cobras, I've never seen one.  34,000 kms is a lot though!  I bet the engine is pretty tired, all depends on the maintenance really though!  I'm pretty sure the contra for the Cobra will fit your ZX50.  What is the part # for the yellow spring you ordered?  Is it 297042.YO?  I think Zombie is running a yellow contra in his.  It's confusing because the yellow is in a different category in their catalog.  It lists Kymco, but no models.  The other category lists Kymco as well as the models and now yellow spring in that group.  Here is a link to the white spring:  http://www.provoscooter.com/scooters/malossi-torque-driver-spring-white-kymco.html.  I'm curious how the yellow spring compares to the green spring that I am thinking about ordering?  Here's the green one:  http://www.provoscooter.com/scooters/malossi-torque-driver-spring-racing-green-60.html.  It is supposed to be the next stiffest from the white.  Where did you order your Malossi stuff from?

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2010, 01:13:24 AM »
what up? i did the chop with the original jet....tan color on the ring, didnt do one with other jet, run worse sooo, i didnt, just changed back. did gave the stock air box on to if that matters... indexed plug and im wondering if i didnt lose power fron it, idk......i ordered from malossiusaonline, called this a.m......i wanna try both white and yellow..r u saying green is in between those 2??....said he couldnt fill it till fri then ship to me.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2010, 01:54:43 AM »
You should be fine with a tan plug!  You won't loose any power from indexing the plug, it can only help!  Malossiusaonline has the best prices I've seen, however I've never ordered anything from them.  I'm not sure where the green spring falls in the line as the yellow is in a different category.  I think it may be a little softer than the yellow.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2010, 11:14:05 AM »
well thats the ring you spoke of..the other day, u said it wasnt... never seen one huh....lmao...well then....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »
That ring is the "mix" ring.  That is really what you want to be looking at.  It's real hard to see though!  Get out a flash light and look for a ring around the center electrode porcelain a couple mm's from the deepest part.  The ring is about 2mm wide.  Like I said it's hard to see!  They call them plug chops because to see that ring well you have to "chop" the spark plug in half!  That ring is the true indication of your mix.  On the end of the electrode there are other variable involved with the color, like the plug temp and the gap.  If the end of the plug looks good and you are using the correct temp plug with the proper gap you should be fine!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 18, 2010, 08:52:24 PM »
i saw that part, thats how i told u the color..............where is the link to the porting, etc,???????    i saw it but cant find it again, i wanna read that just for gp.....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2010, 09:28:36 PM »
oh yeah, got a white spring ordered today, finally...thanks, i had forgot to even look there...!!     i should get to play around in bout a week...lol   redoing cvt will be easier....lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »
http://edj.net/2stroke/jennings/   I think that is the link you asked about.    Here's a little info on the Cobra....http://www.motorcycle.com/specs/kymco/scooter/2004/cobra/cross.html...     The Malossi Delta is the only one I know that uses the Yellow spring. I don't think it will fit the stock Kymco clutch as it is slightly larger in diameter than the oem/standard Malossi fly clutch spring. The "F'ed" up bit is even Mal USA can't give an answer on that. I order the yellow contra for the Air Cooled  Super9 Delta clutch. Twice I have ordered it, and it comes w/ NO part#. The package/invoice BOTH say "Delta Spring"
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2010, 10:40:16 AM »
what up??   got a ?..   is there an easier way to remove fly springs??  cuttin them is easy but i may need em again
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 21, 2010, 01:37:49 PM »
If you figure one out let me know! ;)
I use a pair of needle nose vise grips, still a huge PITA!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 21, 2010, 03:00:47 PM »
If you figure one out let me know! ;)
I use a pair of needle nose vise grips, still a huge PITA!

..same here...same pain too...

..i did have to cut the yellow +100 Leos to remove them...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2010, 01:41:35 AM »
well... guess that answers that one..i have a air saw, gotten from good ol harbor freight........hey uh slinger, i think your pic looks familiar....hmmm?????....lmao.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()