Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108334 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #390 on: June 01, 2010, 02:44:55 AM »
What Have You Seen Here? Buy Any Kit You Want, and it will work out!Get the Mallosi     
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 01, 2010, 02:45:51 AM »
...or the polini??
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 01, 2010, 03:02:46 AM »
remember..... i had gave up on the bbk for it... was going to upgrade all and leave it but then i wanted work done on oem jug to boost my ride buuuut...... so ill just try rejetting oem carb, even here said big carb wouldnt work/help cuz of oem jug( figured i could handle one screw but they werent right in looks)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 03, 2010, 10:54:42 PM »
my high idle when cold isnt there.. she just idles while warming up, not the high cold idle.  is my electronic ckoke dying on me??  i dont know the meters for checking, cant ever get those right either.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2010, 02:17:56 AM »
Does it drop down at all after it is good and warm?  It is really easy to check the auto choke with a multimeter.  I want to say there should be 5 ohms between the two wires.  It is in the service manual under the carb section.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2010, 10:54:42 AM »
you misunderstood me...   I DONT HAVE ANY HIGH IDLE AT ALL, WHATSOEVER
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2010, 01:40:40 PM »
That's what I understood.  I didn't know if after it warms up, when it idles does it sound like it wants to die?  Other thing to check is the mix screw may be too lean.  It will raise the rpm's "falsely" when the auto choke shuts off.  Lastly, put a multi-meter to your auto choke and test it as per procedure in the service manual.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2010, 03:39:08 PM »
what up? no, she idles the same all the time, weather cold or hot still starts fine an easy but no cold idle.. oh steve called me yesterday, he found me a clutch, shipped out this a.m. THAT WAS AWESOME!! i left a lenghty email thanking them for going beyond call of service.. wooo hooo, another new clutch.. i am becoming clutch poor, lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 07, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »
what up guys? not sure if you wanted to know. been playing with cvt some.. you will not believe this, i think alot of my rpm problem was in the spring sortof. the ncy springs are 1-11/2 coils longer than malossi springs BUT, the "torsion washer" was on the side of the clutch NOT the pulley side, changed that got rpms back. also got screwed on my new clutch and bell. supposed to be polini but the clutch is actually a adige an bell is polini(dont fit). so i have 7.5malossi rollers, a ramp plate(until var gets here)--malossi white contra w/1500malossi fly springs, adige clutch, gates performance drive belt,  130/70rr,120/70ft tires(kenda) technigas next r chrome exhaust, removed rear rack & center stand(less wieght), eruo lights, chrome handgrips. (want a malossi reed cage but not sure if a waste).. next plan is rejetting carb or bigger carb, reed cage. want to learn portin since gonna run stock jug/head to increase sumthin.i can tell i am a bit flat at wot(carb?)anybody lookin for polini bell & air 4 zuma/vento
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 08, 2010, 04:09:30 AM »
You got quite a bit going on there bat. Try posting the bell on Scoot. Invasion. They sell a lot of parts over there. Did you see your last post over there? I suggested going to DSL Reports to see if you have configuration problems w/ your tcp/ip.   http://www.dslreports.com/  It's my first site when I tune/reformat. Win soc xp fix is also a good tool if you have xp. Glad you caught the spring issue too. Thing sometimes work better when they are installed the way they were meant to be.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 08, 2010, 10:32:38 PM »
hey zombie, i cant remember where the pic is but did you only use gasket maker to "glue" the tube(from oem box) to your air filter???   yeah sorry bout that, ive learned alot, can do it after i see it done...lol   i do believe that the 1500 contra aided in my day of 52mph tops. cant seem to get it wit the 1000. now the speed is what shaka had then but seems to be stronger
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 09, 2010, 12:55:49 AM »
I used the stock air box tube to attach my K&N.  After I installed my intake manifold I had to "rearrange" my intake.  I used Gorilla Glue to glue it together.  It worked great and is still holding strong!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 09, 2010, 03:18:01 PM »
yeah, sounds good... i have gorilla glue and sum epoxy.. i did put gasket sealer around it to hold it w/a clamp.. a bit bigger than i wanted but itll work i hope...lol
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 09, 2010, 06:37:12 PM »
has anybody had the tip inside spark plug wire break off????  idk what happened,snapped a min ago,now not..    i just did a plug chop, now my wire isnt "snapping" onto the plug, seems way loose, did start thankfully
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 09, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »
If you are talking about the spring inside the cap, yes, mine broke, had to replace it with an NGK one, can't get the genuine parts here. Ten months for the carb insulator, I don't think I will bother trying for a spark plug cap. The local bike shop had a look but couldn't get one.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()