Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108335 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #405 on: June 10, 2010, 01:31:10 AM »
what up sid? idk about a spring, but the inside of the spark plug wire/boot(l-shapedpiece).. im thinking why its so hard to start now and not the jetting/filter part... shop has one but it was a long ride and started raining so i turned around.     dan sid, is the mail that screwed up around there to cause a 10 month wait on sumthin?? even if i order, i havent had to wait months, maybe a week or two..lmao(still waiting on sum fly springs from 2 wks ago)..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 10, 2010, 02:12:59 AM »
The problem here is that no-one gives a s+@t and aren't bothered, if it isn't hundreds of dollars, then zero interest.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 10, 2010, 02:37:10 AM »
The one on my 2002 kymco people 50 is a bit week,around here It's about $2.00 usd to get a sparkplug cap,screws right in just have to decide if you want a resistor or not may have to cut a 1/4 inch off existing lead wire,from napa auto sure you have an = there somewhere theres nothing special about the cap.Spark happens!Good luck
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 10, 2010, 02:48:02 AM »
Yeah, have replaced mine with NGK, just not the correct one.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 10, 2010, 02:48:39 AM »
Ha!another thought.My sister bought one of those vietbog job vespa's from asia.The sparkplug was literaly screwed right in to the end of the coil wire,It worked fine till motor siezed!Long story short It's mine parts are on the way!  

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 10, 2010, 02:53:46 AM »
Remins me of when I was a kid, no money, do what you could with what you had.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 10, 2010, 03:22:40 AM »
There was literaly beer cans used for shims throughout the motor,driftpin put a beer can in it!Cant believe it ran at all,just long enouph to be called a running bike when delivered.Decent paint thats about it.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 10, 2010, 04:18:28 AM »
I've seen the horror scenes from the Viet's.It always amazes me that most people see a good scoot in the paint, and not in what it is. Bat You can go to the local hardware, and get a boot for a lawn mower. It just unscrews from the wire. Cut off 1/2", and screw the new one on. 
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 10, 2010, 11:11:09 PM »
There was literaly beer cans used for shims

..dang...that's direct recycling on so many levels...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 11, 2010, 11:58:48 PM »
ok, quick ? for you.  (imagine that huh?!?!?)  anyway, i changed my cvt again and now she seems to take longer to return to normal idle. she did this before the cone filter swap, takes about 15-20sec to drop back.. why would my cvt change the return to idle????   
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2010, 03:40:29 PM »
The cvt changes the pre-load on the engine. Taking time to drop is usually due to a lean idle setting. I posted in the other thread how to set it for the best idle mix. Your carb's. pilot jet may just be too lean for the pod filter. Try adjusting it the best you can, and save for a bigger carb. A 19mm will sort out alot of problems for you
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 17, 2010, 01:29:01 AM »
ta daa...guess what? im back. anyway, providing my carb is ok till i can afford one.  (did you know the oko brand carbs are really a kiehin??, cheaper price too). well i do want to go to another project. i been trying to read up on squish plates from jennings handbook and here with sid. finding a shop to make me one may be fun.. but how do you know how thick to make it??   i was told today from a shop that does europeion mopeds(vintage style) that a squish would only get me 1 maybe 2mph. w.t.h?? no way, really??  but i could match case and cyl and get way more than that.. he showed me what i trim (on those anyway).. not really much to do, i dont think.. dont remember what THIS scoot looks like to match, been awhile since I took it apart.   should that or the squish band be my next obstacle???
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 17, 2010, 02:56:24 AM »
OKO is a Keihin knock-off.  The Keihins are generally better quality from what I hear, they are also 2X the price! 

Your stock cylinder has a squish band by the way.  It is not a huge noticeable machined ring, but it is there!  You check the squish band by fishing some solder down the spark plug hole to the very edge and cranking the motor.  The piston will squish the solder against the head.  Pull the solder out and measure at the thinnest point to get your squish clearance.  It should not be less that about 0.7mm, about 1.0mm - 0.9mm is ideal.  You can change the squish clearance by changing the base gasket.  That will raise or lower the cylinder.  It may be worth checking, but it should be about right on a stock engine already.  I think you will see more of a performance gain from matching the case and cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 17, 2010, 03:47:10 AM »
That was one of the first things to do in one of those two cycle tuner books. Setting all the tolerances to spec. Basically "blueprinting" the engine. I can tell you for a fact that Blueprinting does as much for ANY engine as any other mod you can do. If you have access to a machine shop, and are VERY good at math/engineering, you can sometimes double the rpm's an engine can turn, and gain as much as 10% more HP, and torque. Us Buffalo eaters, would rather cut metal off until it is tighter, and tougher than it was from the start, but imagine if we had all the tools, and time to correctly build a 13'000 rpm 20hp 50cc based engine! Most 125cc engines cannot come close to those numbers. This is my very long way of saying the BATMAN has grown beyond all expectations!!! The squish is as good a place to start as any... Rock on Bro!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 17, 2010, 01:11:22 PM »
i do remember a ring around the head but it definately wasnt any 50% covered. my understanding, the squish band is the diameter of the bore(cyl. wall) + 50% covering the piston itself, leaving a smaller hole. would i only get 1-2mph from this?? crap i could get upwards of 10mph from matching........   as far as the matching, i can still do this with the rod/piston, etc. in place(just cover all insides with rags, playdoh).. guess id need to grab some gaskets also before hand......    as any of you seen in book about simply cutting 20mm from the manifold side of the exhaust pipe??? (that would be an easy project,lmao)  its supposed to work good too, according to handbook.....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()