Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108613 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2010, 05:08:09 PM »
tis i again... ok, since i put the yellow 1500 in, should i keep the same with small springs?(i dont think he has white in stock,just 1500-2000)...i have a REAL DUMB ? for you...cvt,(clutch,vari,timing)???? i hope to have pipe, rollers today, if not then on monday. maybe the shop wants more stock than tweaked performance...idk..pfft--i want take off, speed, looks...seems sum parts are cheaper than others but i assume it would be pointless to get before other things????(tunable cdi 50,coil 30,etc..) any weight reduction besides carry rack?
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2010, 07:36:19 PM »
I try to answer last to first. I haven't even thought about weight reduction. The only way to get it is VERY expensive parts. (wheels, Aluminun flywheel...) I dont think there is a tunable coil for the superfever./ The best one I found is the factory "race" programed. (Suitai). The coil can be gotten here   http://myworld.ebay.com/kingstarscooters/  It is not in there listing at the moment, but email them, and it is $19.99 shipped. There are 2t, and 4t versions of the same coil so be sure to order the 2t version. Which pipe did you order? That will determin which rollers to use. I would go ahead and use the yellow set up Contra spring/clutch fly springs for now. The pipe (depending which one) will lite up your engine so they will work. Just post with what you have to install, and we can get it sorted out with you. Tuning is very individual, and it may take several set-ups to find what you like. The good part is it will go from 1+ hours to trade rollers to 15-20 minutes. once you see what each part does you will start to make sense of what you need.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2010, 11:36:11 PM »
CVT = Continuously Variable Transmission

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2010, 12:14:18 AM »
I meant a tunable cdi (not coil)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2010, 03:22:37 PM »
yeah, i liked the idea of high rpms. the 50 for a cdi may be easier than 200 for kit..imma have to buy something every week looks like..lol..  ok then, yellow it is.. i am getting the technigas next chrome, which ill get rollers and small springs too.. i have to wait till mon now, closed on sat too.. thanks for the answer shaka.. i was way off...lmao... is there any REAL EASY way of getting the stickers off the panels?? too many kymco stickers ..lmao...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »
I have the Next R chromed as well.  It did come with rollers, but they were too light.  I think they were 6.5g.  I think about 7-7.5g is ideal.  You will get better take off if you change the small clutch springs to 1500 when you install the pipe also!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2010, 10:48:42 PM »
The easiest way to remove stickers is with a heat gun or good blow dryer. Move the gun around over the surface and it will soften the adhesive enough to peel the  stickers off. Any glue left on the panels can be removed with de natured alcohol, or mineral spirits. They both make a mean Bloody Mary also... (kidding)

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2010, 11:28:19 PM »
WD-40 works really well for removing the sticky residue also!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2010, 04:34:56 PM »
what up fellas?....im baaaack...lmao.. ok, got a pipe(technigas but different tip). was gonna put in 7 rollwrs but none in stock, so im working around with 3oem, 3 6's.. have total of 42.6 g rollers...what am i looking for, listening for now to know im on the right track with rollers??i havent done a pod filter, still stock..local shop advises against one..initial start up was real smoky, ASSUME just cuz of sitting for week,etc..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2010, 08:14:56 PM »
I hope you got a couple of jets for the carb! Just the pipe alone will lean your fuel ratio. W/ the stock air bow I would think 3-5 sizes up should do it. When you install the pipe take a quick top end run w/ a new spark plug.  About 60 seconds will do. Cut the engine and close the throttle. The color of the plug will tell if you need re-jetting. You are looking for an even tan color from tip to bottom inside the jacket. For the rollers you can mix them to find the best weight but do not continue to run them mixed as premature wear will result on ALL the variator variator parts. I am running 5.5's with a gear kit, and shaka is running 9.5 sliders w/ a stock gear, and I believe he is spot on w/ the 7-7.5 sugestion. Your own riding style will determine what you need in the end, but don't keep the mixed weights. What you will notice is as you go lighter you will require more throttle to get the same speed. The advantage is the 2t engine requires high rpm's to create its power. Same thing w/ your pipe. it is designed to allow the engine to turn higher rpms. You will feel where your engine creates it peak power, and will want to match your rollers, and clutch to make the engine run at that rpm range where you want it. Meaning twisting the throttle coming out of corners, or power at top end of the throttle only. That part is up to you

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2010, 12:15:59 AM »
dam, can i pay you to roll up here an tune it for me??...lmao...he said i wouldnt have to rejet,.w.t.h? even said it was fine to mix rollers..i have the equivalent to 7s in now.. wasnt trying to ride in this cold weather.. so in other words you leave the scoot apart too?? (if having to disassemble every 20 min)...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2010, 01:39:51 AM »
You can pay me! ;D  You just have to bring it to me! ;)

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2010, 02:08:39 AM »
 :D   yeah, see everybody lives way apart.im about ready, cuz im dumb when it comes to these things..i thought i was learning but everytime i stop i have 20 more ??..lmao.(sratches head) maybe i can get this page printed off so i can re read over and over...i do wonder since i live in the mtns an not the "flats" if there is going to be a difference??..i thought "bolt on" parts were going to be "BOLT ON"??.....lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2010, 02:34:08 AM »
I swear there ain't nothin "bolt on" on these things!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2010, 03:27:52 AM »
Don't stress it Bro. It will all come together for you. I believe you allready know more than your dealer. You can leave the cvt cover off to test ride, and tune. Just remove the jack shaft for the electric start or it will fall out on you. Try the pipe, and check your plug. that is the only way to know if, and how much to re-jet. Ps get yourself a small bottle of blue Lok Tite. Use it on the nut for the variator. Can't tell you how many posts I have read where the nut came loose. If you like the way the scoot performes w the rollers set for 7g's Just order a set of sevens on line! I use a pre paid debit card for all my on line shopping. In fact if you get a green dot visa/mastercard using a promo code I can give you. You will get $10.00 free put on the card. That ought to cover 1/2 the cost of the rollers.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()