Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108319 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #480 on: July 02, 2010, 07:39:44 PM »
You got the right #'s bat, Just pay attention to the jetting.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 02, 2010, 08:22:40 PM »
ok then thanks zombie.....how much should be taken off the exhaust port tho???       gonna be nervous about jetting if i cant find an in between bit(my next bit is 2 sizes up)(goes from like 914 to 965)......    i believe it should yield about a 5mph gain tho correct?!?!?!?
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 04, 2010, 08:35:02 PM »
Yeah tah is what you should expect... In opening the exhaust you only need to match the I.D. of your pipe. Most jugs are smaller than the pipe header, so you want to match the size to get a smooth flow out of the jug. No science there, Just use the exhaust gasket to get the size, and machine it all smooth, and round.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 05, 2010, 11:57:33 AM »
good morning zombie, thanks for answering...  well today is my day...woo hoooo... now since i kept thinking about it, i wish i had a dremel..i SHOULD match the case while its tore apart for squish....DUUUUUH!!!!!..oh well, at least i can inspect things.....gotta go to parts house and pick up more chop plugs($2.19 at napa, 4.00 at scoot shop, crazy sh** there)(if they open today, everythings closed..know mike will work today for me! i cant wait man!!!!..                                          oh yeah, whats the projected life of a set of rings???  mine only have about 4600km... 
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 05, 2010, 10:00:34 PM »
well crap.... nothing was done today, i was put off till wed. oh well...    im thinking of going ahead and matching while its all apart, is there anything else i should know about on the matching end???        also wondering if i should start another thread on this oem build, dont tink there is one on a zx oem.   should i do this??   with pics too...lmao(if i can get a new puter by then to upload them)        also has anybody ever experianced a "wa-wa-wa" sound out of the pipe at lower rpms(fast an slow wa wa)?? im thinking just to atribute it to needing to update cvt from recent carb work...... thanks for the replys......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 06, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »
I'm iin california for a few more days,Still stuck on my stock build jets showed up day I left,and I brought my hot rod with and no parts!Did'nt account for the 30dagrees shift in weather and no real scooter shops in town,gps to 60 tops then running out of gas,still haveing a ball at 3/4 throttle!I'll have some picks and info when I get back home.Had to steal my niece's lap top to get this out  ;D See how those machinest are  ::)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 07, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »
im starting to want a ppl art....lol..  i just hope i could even be IN the ballpark after this work AND matching.. hope today is my day. going to call here in a bit to see!!  of course it does seem the ppl is alot faster than a zx,(for now..ROFLMAO).... dude, you lucky ass, i know a couple of hotties in cali... wish i was there!!!.....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 07, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
afternoon folks...well, I FINALLY recieved my fly springs... they are the sport set, #298746.  these look udifferent than my others...the hook dont seem as long...look smaller all around...   are you all SURE these fit the zx???????  i have an adige and motorio clutch.....they sent the wrong filter before so i just want to make sure about the springs before i opened them
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 07, 2010, 06:38:30 PM »
I got a 2005 with less than 800 miles I'll let go for $1000 in perfect shape(no delivery)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 08, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »
..my 2001 ppl will do more than what's on the speedometer (60) with nothing but a free-flow filter and a 96 jet...

..i haven't gps'd it yet, but It's way faster than my guilty, which i did gps at 52...

...hmmmm.....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 08, 2010, 09:49:44 PM »
daaaam...i wish i could go 60!..  :'( :'( :'(    i dont tink art was using a 96jet.., hmmm, could be interesting..   i may need sum answers fellas... i took my cyl. head off a min ago to have it shaved for the correct squish band... my plug AND the top of my piston are COMPLETELY HARD CORE rust in color, pretty dam dry.. is that way lean?? head gasket looks wore/burnt (not round anymore either)on very inside edge. mike did not take the cyl itself for opening the exhaust port. he said may need to make sure how much/how.. was told that the shape inside is needed to flow the exhaust. said he would do it but wasnt sure what... the hole inside cyl is round at the opening BUT quickly goes "taco" shape(lack of better term).. do i want the taco shape gone??  completely round and shiny???   just match to the step washer on pipe??                   thanks for the replys men!!!.. im slowly trying to catch up wit ya!!....lol
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 08, 2010, 10:09:14 PM »
..i think art is running a 95...i drilled my stock jet out to a 95, which will actually measure 96 due to my unsteady hand....

..i think my 01 has a less restricted exhaust than the later model ppls too...

..still learnin' m'self...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 08, 2010, 10:25:47 PM »
yeah, between you and art, the ppl seems to be good choice all around!!!     i did inspect my head gasket just now, NOT a real gasket, looks like beer can! (for real)!! a scooter shop did my rings/piston about 4000kms ago.!!.... the top of piston looks good(no burns, etc.- just RUST color)..          man, im wondering bout that exhaust exit, hmm. looks like shell come apart again..lol  didnt match yet anyway.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 08, 2010, 10:27:57 PM »
..i dunno what the "rust" means...

..though i do know my spark plug chops are all of a "rust" color..

..on a side note, the 2t plug chops are more responsive than chops on a 4t...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:32:31 PM by wordslinger »

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 08, 2010, 10:57:39 PM »
its just a rust color, its dry anyway...lol     just got my head back, gonna put it on and see if she starts..lol only have 1 plug 4 a chop. :'(
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()