Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108320 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #495 on: July 09, 2010, 12:15:01 AM »
what up? just got back from a test run on squish... i did not get ANY power at all, nothing. even seems a tad slower(rpms drop more) at the slightest incline... W.T.H? wheres any power at?? what happened?(cvt almost right, know i need to tweak)my plug was: the curved portion was white again, the mix ring was ALOT darker than before, a real dark brown...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 09, 2010, 01:50:45 AM »
while i was waiting and hoping for responses, i went out and checked my squish: i may have answered my own ?....oh sh**/ my squish was .021in/.5334mm. how in the hell, .015in was taken off, did i go from .050 to .021in.    how in the world can i correct this????????   it would take probably 6 head gaskets to make up .014in?           AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!..         master(s), please help the lowely apprentice....  :-\    :-\
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 09, 2010, 01:58:59 AM »
it would take probably 6 head gaskets to make up .014in

..maybe a 24 oz bud light..........can........
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 09, 2010, 02:29:18 AM »
thanks for the reply..ok, now the mtns are showing...lmao.  my math is ALL messed up here.. check this: i started with 1.27mm/.050in...i now have .533mm/.021in..BUT supposedly the ideal squish is .9mm/.035in....which is a difference of .355mm/.014in. which would take 7 .5mm gaskets to make BUT  if i have .533mm and i add one(1) .5mm gasket you get 1.033mm.?!?!?!,!?!?!?     do you see my issue??   lmao.  what the hell is wrong with this equation????             i can have the gaskets picked up tomorrow from a motorcyle shop(if still in stock), BUUUUT my math is ALL WHACKED OUT SOMEWHERE. (i swear i went to school).lmfao....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 09, 2010, 02:36:50 AM »
..maybe a 24 oz bud light..........can........

..i dunno...however...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 09, 2010, 02:46:10 AM »
DAAAAM, i am dumb...lol  a .5mm gasket is .019in. which would be more than i really need.. then squish is 1.033mm....damnitt man, oops.  maybe i rode the "short bus"..          (i see you smiling at that too).. guess a can would work since i think thats what was there from that dam "local shop" anyway(dam sure wasnt a real head gasket).    you ever opened up exhaust(header side)???    ???
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 09, 2010, 05:10:09 AM »
You will need to up jet,not enouph fuel,had to go up from a 95 to a 115 on my stock build and still to lean.Just got home will  be figuring it out this week.It would run the bike out of gas after the squish an exhauet on the stock build with the 95 through 100 main and had to mod the needle 2 gaskets worth of lift  to get it to the main without bogging bad.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 09, 2010, 05:40:11 AM »
You do have to check out the torch tip cleaners,there great!I'm now a believer and cheaper than those micro bits,you can file out to any size you want,and you will be soon  ;) Play with your jets before you start playing with your gaskets.I think he took 40,000nts off mine and was to be run without a gasket,running it anyway,ti'll i get my jets straight.I'm close.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 09, 2010, 12:47:37 PM »
rejet carb w/o a closer squish??..  u was wanting .9mm, from what i understand from here, i now have .533.              of course, slinger suggested a can gasket, which i am going to try this a.m, then have one brought if better..                           should i start a new thread on this chapter also(called "stock" build??) in my saga???    plz check posts from yesterday as i had a ? about the exhaust exit...   thanks for the replys... 
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 09, 2010, 05:17:40 PM »
I don't know why the upjet with the squish,but it needed it!check that plug.I have  not opened the exhaust my self.,you just want to match the ports or expand and smoothe things out I gather to increase flow.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 09, 2010, 07:55:24 PM »
Hey check out words look out world post for some fun.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2010, 07:58:22 PM »
i have to get some more plugs today, i been sitting here with her tore apart, making gaskets(SUPPOSEDLY have some coming tho).  with the way she running, if i upjet again, im sure it will kill her out.. it already bogged at wot some what..   sh**, i need to at least put it close to what it "suppose" to be, right?!?!?!?....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 09, 2010, 08:01:43 PM »
i have seen some of that...i was getting into it..lol..i want to print that out and maybe i can learn a bit there too.....     our motors/carbs are different arent they?? from zxs and ppls.....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 09, 2010, 08:12:09 PM »
Not sure Its a keihin pb,thought my super fever was the same but could be wrong.hang out for a bit I'll post ya a pick of some tools ya might want to pick up.You got this for,you'll figure it out!

art

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 09, 2010, 08:23:05 PM »
Here's a pic The torch tip cleaners are great and cheap.the caliper about $20 helps alot to determin just where your at and what will be best for your next guess  ;) If you have the pb carb I'd tap it to except the standerd keihin have some #s if you want.Or you could just come and get my silver 2005 people 50 Ha!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()