Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108305 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #555 on: July 10, 2010, 09:28:07 PM »
Hey batman, when you increase compression you will get detonation, the idea of increasing fuel, (larger jet) is to keep the piston cool. If you have gone too far with shaving your head you can then start using extra shims to adjust it to what setting you want, more compression=more power, just have to get the best compromise between power and detonation.
Oh, if you go down to the beach and look out to the horizon, that thing bouncing over the waves? That would be Shaka on his hotted up Sea-Doo. Lucky Bugga :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 11, 2010, 12:38:35 AM »
THIS ONE PIECE IS FOR ZOMBIE AND SKAKA(if they ever return)..lol..  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...........LMAO.. i figured iut my squish issue, they gave me the wrong gasket to begin with, put a real one on today and BAM, got my .035in./.9mm squish!!. :o ;D  i instantly got around 4 mph, and i havent tweaked anything. i could tell a BIG difference already...              should i start another thread talking about my oem build????            i cant quite see shaka..lmao.... maybe he is too fast to see..lmao..     
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 11, 2010, 01:23:54 AM »
should i start another thread talking about my oem build

...hell yeah, in the super fever board, no doubt...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 11, 2010, 01:47:42 AM »
i guess your tired of me asking that one...lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 11, 2010, 01:51:09 AM »
..well, not tired of...

..but i saw that you asked it a cpl times...lol..

..build the zx board some...lol...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 11, 2010, 01:52:47 AM »
..i read nearly everything posted in th' forum...at some point.....

;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:56:25 AM by wordslinger »

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 11, 2010, 02:35:40 AM »
i couldnt even try to read everything..lmao.. scared to post to much cuz i am still learning zx and others are different in ways..............kinda iffy to start another cuz this one has been around a while now too..lmao..  i had seen that several people have done seperate threads on basically the same project..  ssen somewhere awhile back where z had wanted smileys from shaka, thats why i done those in my thread...that project worked!!!!!! he wanted a 100 of em...lmao...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 11, 2010, 04:09:15 AM »
oh, i had forgot to add this:  today, i seemed to have changed a couple of the issues, 1- my long return to idle was shortened a bit, idk how,why??. 2- it put most of my "stall" back in the cvt...  cvt almost right i think but i can feel "belt tug/slippage", i believe, at take off. doesnt GRAB like i wonder if it should....  i wonder if 2000 flys would fix???   7 rollers will probably TAKE away top end again(bout 3-4mph).....      whats your suggestion????                    oh, it was suggested to rejet before adjusting cvt........rpms drop at start of an incline, dont rev as much going uphill( still faster tho).
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 11, 2010, 04:16:20 AM »
If belt is slipping you need bigger rollers and or contra,You will find that you are making power at differnt ranges know,Getting it all to work at the same time is the trick,Just went through it today on my hotrod running a 10g now with the new clutch.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 11, 2010, 04:24:12 AM »
i think it is...i could feel a tug or something for a sec.......... now heavier rollers wont "throw" the variator out enough to go will it???(i do have a var coming from s.a)  i have a malossi yellow also if needed, i used a 1500 for a long while, which seemed to help with my top end BUT my take off suffered some(slower)..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 11, 2010, 04:33:22 AM »
I'd try the weights I did both today at the same time(mistake)ran a green and a red than put the white contra back in and gained most back plus some heavier flies,still not done it's close,Mine was slipping at take off than would catch real hard thought the belt was going to break or the wheel was ready to come up.Thats gone now,just not sold on the rest of the drive range yet.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 11, 2010, 04:49:07 AM »
sh**, i am a looong way away from getting the wheel up but thats kindof how mine is now...felt a tug??,(if i push off with my feet, thats helps take off) but she goes on real good quickly, just that initial 1-2 sec at take off, thats why i was wondering about stiffer flys to get rpm up and grab it.... oh, do you know of the malossi sport set flys???  #298746??? these fit right??????.. the hook is shorter than the ones from nyc and the adige clutch ones.... they all said these fit.....could be why they all say they are such a pain in the ass....lmao..i didnt have much trouble with the ones i have,  but these here,idk...........
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 11, 2010, 04:56:35 AM »
Weights first i think,running the dr slider now,had to have a friend help with the heavier springs,I didn't have the streangth thought that tool was for sissies Ha!.But your symtom is the same as mine was.Didn't happen when the belt was new zombie said the gates belt tend to slip a bit,I't does

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 11, 2010, 05:09:02 AM »
seems like if i put 8s in (or any heavier than these 7.5s) that the rpms would go further down and suck at take off.. 7s were giving me better in corners, etc. but slower top end.  need that top end for these travels here...lol  to dam far to go up and down these hills.......got a gates belt too(think the local shop screwed me on MINE,switched it on me, even put in the oem bando belt, still felt that "tug" for a split sec. untill i push off
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 11, 2010, 05:36:04 AM »
When you make more power you can go bigger on the weights all my modded bikes are running stock or heavier now,Another thing that dont sound right,but  im running a 10g now on the hot rod,Im giving up alot of take off at the moment,but can cruise pegged at 1/8 throttle,threw an 8.5g in before trip and struggeled to get 60(pegged).Once again getting it all to work together is the trick.I don't have it yet either,my belt was still slipping a bit with the 9g 9.5 next or more spring fun or make the 10g work!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()