Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108301 times)

art

• View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #585 on: July 13, 2010, 01:17:27 AM »
Used to be a garauge hasn't seen a car in years and have several more scoots on the side of the house.Got a old horse shed out back,that will be converted to a three car 50 scoot Shed some day It must remain a shed for city ordinace purposes ;D Need to get some help my carpenter days or over,can't do the lifting but know how to supervize well with a beer in one hand.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 13, 2010, 01:31:04 AM »
..my grampa and his grampa before were carpenters...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 13, 2010, 01:49:58 AM »
Sounds like you guys have been very busy!  Sorry for the absence! 

Batman- congrats on getting the squish figured out!  On the exhaust you just want to clean up any irregularities, keep the original shape.  It just needs to make a smooth transition from the "taco" shaped port to the header.  The diameter of the cylinder outlet needs to match that of the pipe.  It can get real tricky getting into fluid dynamics and such.  The main thing is to make the smoothest flow from the combustion chamber to the pipe.  Keep in mind that the header has a bend not far after entering the exhaust side.  You want to factor that into the cylinder shape as well.  You don't want just a straight passage out of the cylinder and then into the header for a sharp bent.  That will disrupt the overall flow.  Looking at my stock cylinder the exhaust port is pretty clean!  The only thing that may need to be changed is the diameter to match that of the pipe. 

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 13, 2010, 01:52:40 AM »
crap, i was thinking THAT part would be pretty simple..he may know. at first i was thinking that you just wiped it all out.(not totally to the inside port)......i couldnt imagine that many scoots, be nice to have more than ONE for sure!!  :D       or even some parts to learn with(in case i screwed it up,lmao)......  be nice to find a "scooter graveyard"   i know the feeling about keeping sanity!  ;)        mmmmm, cold beer!!!  8)   im thirsty now
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 13, 2010, 02:03:01 AM »
HEEY, SHAKA!!    WELCOME BACK... thanks for the reply, hope all is well on your side....     if it only needs to match that "step washer" on the pipe( just that one part), i should be able to do that..   yeah, i could tell a nice difference on the squish,   I WANT SOME MORE!!.. lmao... may pick up a bit w/a 1500 main..idk which part, gotta play i guess.. thinking 2000 flys....she is starting to run nicely, i wish she was mean....lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 13, 2010, 02:12:56 AM »
All is well here!  Got the Seadoo running for the first time on Friday!!! WhooHoo!  It's a beast, 580cc of liquid cooled 2T greatness!!! ;D  Still haven't got it in the water yet, hopefully into the pool tomorrow!

I've thought about going to 2000K fly springs myself, but I think they may be too much!  As it sits now with the 1500's the clutch engages at about 7000 rpm.  I too get what I believe to be the occasional belt and/or clutch slip.  I still need to get a stiffer contra, I think that will remedy the slippage.  When mine hooks up, it launches hard!

art

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 13, 2010, 02:20:50 AM »
What shaka is saying,you can do at home,I guess i did have the port opened a bit for more top sapposedly Thus the angle i mentioned, and # which i don't understand,I'll get more info when i see him next.I think i'm starting one (graveyard)I have a buddy that cant seem to pass up an untitled scoot for under $150 I make them run if possible then they sit here.I think i got through to him no title it's not worth more than $50 and is a parts bike only,It's hard to impossible to get a title in this state without some paper work  ::)  I do have a 1989 honda elite 80 motor you can practice on with a sledge hammer  :D It was my biggest failure to date and still won't go over 45mph.Was glas to see it go at a $100 loss.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 13, 2010, 02:26:13 AM »
that sounds like a beast... :o  thatll be fun...  at least someone else feels the tug, oh did you happen to see about the sport set flys, are you sure those fit??? malossi#298746  the hook is shorter than on the others i have..       i have the malossi white contra in now myself... hadnt ran a 1500 in while but when i did it suffered at take off(never been perfect yet anyway) but id SWEAR i got top out of it...mmm, wish i had two complete setups to try..lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 13, 2010, 02:31:41 AM »
The exhaust is easy to do at home with a dremel.  You shouldn't need to do much more that about 1/4 of the way in.  Just so the transition between the cylinder and header is smooth and the same size.  You'll also notice there is somewhat of a hump in the floor of the port.  I would leave that mostly alone as it probably helps direct the flow into the bend in the header.

I'm not positive on the Malossi springs as I have not used them, but I think those are supposed to fit.  The stiffer contra will make you suffer on take off, as it essentially does the same as making the rollers lighter.  You need to go heavier on the rollers to compensate for the stiffer contra.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 13, 2010, 02:42:22 AM »
man, art i wish you were close, people here dont care about papers, they ride em anyway...s&h would be a bitch too..lmao   that built ppl didnt have any papers and he wanted 800...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 13, 2010, 02:50:20 AM »
oh crap, i bet they wont fit then..just like the air filter from them also and a polini clutch bell...shhhhhhit...im getting some useless parts around here...lmao.. yeah, its in here somewhere we (me,you,z) were talking about them(IT TOOK ME TEN WEEKS TO GET THEM), idk, the one side of the hook is a touch longer on the ones im running now and the ncy ones i have, these are the same on both sides..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 13, 2010, 02:57:14 AM »
I wish,Once i get my three car (shed) done thats what i will probably do,break them down label a and part them out,The stuff i dont want!I've heard there are some cheap alterntives for the shipping,got to know the right people zombie has a line on something might be worth looking into.They ship whole cares all over the place,truckers going home empty try to mack a little cash for the trip.I got a motor he's interested in,but technicaly i don't own it,my buddy does and he's missing in action right now, a coast to coast venture,I'm hopeing all will work out. Got to run catch ya all later
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:10:27 AM by art »

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 13, 2010, 12:17:38 PM »
the pack of malossi sport set fly springs have on the back:......cx-dink-djx/y-heroism-k12-sniper..  then also.....ppl-super9lc-topboy-cobra..#298746...  of course i have a different clutch in..have an adige at the moment..will be putting in a motorio this go round..those fac springs are CRAAAZYY stiff........ shaka, are you using those plain fac springs or have you swapped out?????
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 13, 2010, 12:43:26 PM »
That should be the right set.  Those should fit on the Motorio clutch as well.  I swapped out the springs that came with the Motorio clutch from the get-go.  I'm currently using the red Jasill springs.  They are the middle ones, theirs go green, red, blue.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 13, 2010, 02:09:39 PM »
hey shaka, imma gonna play wit cvt this a.m a lil bit.. i just changed my flys to 2000??(green adige).. the one side of the hook is longer as is 2 coils longer.. they are pretty easy to change, not much effort at all..i remember you/word saying how big of a pain in the ass they were to change, i am wondering if the shorter ones are wrong from the get go....  bet you never noticed a length difference huh??  the ncy 1500 are same way as the oem/adige..(pack says gy6)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()