Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 105358 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2010, 12:47:07 PM »
..wonder why the local hop guy insists against a high-flow air filter.....

???
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2010, 03:38:19 PM »
he says that dirt,water,etc. will get inside an damage my motor. says it dont help any.BUT, i know he used to race dirt bikes, ride them, even sells pod filters for them...idk, its nuts.. even told me didnt need or have to change small clutch springs, said oem is good... hes the only one around here that i would even consider cuz another local shop sux bigtime. nothing but issues in town..idk if he just loves oem or what, its frustrating in my world, I DONT WANT O.E.M, I WANT TWEAKED OUT!!!!...oh, does super9 parts fit on zx???. seen wrecked one, had motor parts...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2010, 11:45:23 PM »
Super 9 is different.  Some small parts may be interchangeable, but the majority are totally different.  I'm sure if you're any good at fabricating stuff from scratch, you might be able to "make" stuff fit otherwise, it's not a direct fit.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2010, 12:08:20 AM »
my take off sux STILL!!!!.... do i need lighter rollers(runnin mix set3-5.7,3-8.5. have sum ordered ) or put my oem spring back in..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2010, 12:14:31 AM »
Yeah, that contra spring may be too stiff.  You are using the Malossi yellow one right?  You may try the oem one and if that helps, go with a Malossi white.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2010, 12:23:34 AM »
Agreed, untill you get the pipe tuned at least. I think your shop guy is somehow related to Jprestonion. He doesn't advocate mods either. The problem with mixed roller weights is the heavier rollers are doing ALL the work, and the lighter ones are literally floating around doing nothing. You are going to take a step back, and get one part right at a time. Since you have the pipe I would start there. Get the pipe on, check your spark plug color at top end, richen your idle circuit. Once that is set go on to the cvt to take advantage of your new power curve.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2010, 12:36:12 AM »
hey shaka, thanks for answering..i was thinking of trying ALL the 5.7rollers since its easier...lol  its like it trys to take off in 2nd or 3rd gear(for lack of a better term).. it pulls hills better tho.. we have bunches here in the mtns..lmao ..its not malossi but yes a 1500 yellow, even had small yellow 1500 clutch springs installed today.. from dead stop, garbage,..like belt "tugging","slipping","jerking" for a sec then itll take off. if rpm high enough at red light itll go, otherwise bogs..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2010, 12:49:12 AM »
what up zombie? ...lmao, maybe they are..i did pick up a couple plugs, imma try that test..i did like the mid range alot better, top end seems the same(windy and cold 2day). oh yeah, whats up with oil residue on my pipe, seems excessive for me. scott said theyll do that sum,(like spit residue). (my pipe and wheel have the residue)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2010, 12:54:16 AM »
2t's will make a lot of residue to clean up. About once a week I take a rag to it all. Go w/ changing the yellow as per shaka. Try that 1 thing alone. Then you will start to narrow down the affects the parts have.  Oh yeah my bad Wazz Up?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2010, 12:57:55 AM »
My pipe spits oil everywhere!  I'm also running very rich intentionally!  As I posted earlier, est. 26mpg last tank!  I use carb cleaner about every week or 2 to clean off the pipe.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2010, 01:12:27 AM »
what up? well that just sucks about the residue... the smoking too??? idk if it smokes more or just more noticeable now...daaaaang, you mean i may have to purchase ANOTHER set of springs?? how much would the white 1000 reduce my climbing ability??..wasteful money isnt it??craaaaap... i have an actuall set of 7 & 7.5 rollers on the way also
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2010, 01:18:06 AM »
Buy a good synthetic 2t oil and that will get rid of the smoking. I have a box full of springs/ rollers. Be glad there not 100.00 a set The white may give you back some torque at the wheel, and the small clutch springs will give you more rpm's when you find the correct set up of roller vs contra vs clutch fly.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2010, 03:41:27 PM »
well, i tried to change the spring but i cant break the nut.. so i guess i have to ride to shop and pay him to get it.. so everybody thinks its the main spring and not the rollers to heavy still??? this is getting real aggrevating up here..take off better wit stock pipe
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »
To get mine apart, I wrapped a rag around the clutch and clamped it in a vise being very gentle!  Then I used a 40mm flat wrench (I think it's actually a 39mm, but that's what I had and it worked) to remove the big nut.  That's gonna be a big tuning headache if you have to take it in every time you need to take the clutch apart!  You could probably also use a strap wrench to hold the clutch!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »
Iv'e been using a nylon strap wrapped around an old 6"x3/8" drive extension. Its also easier to break the clutch nut loose while the housing is still on the shaft. You will find a set up that works for you. Have you looked at any of the utube "how to " vids. There are are dozens on clutch/cvt tuning. You HAVE to keep tweaking untill you find the magic set up that you like. That's why I say you will get it. Practice practice practice. First time takes 1+ hours, 10th time takes 5-7 minutes. By the time you get this one right you will be posting the how to for others.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()