Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108297 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #600 on: July 13, 2010, 03:37:37 PM »
ok, just went on a test run wit different springs(2000?). it seemed to help the "tug" i was feeling, have a touch more "stall" again, BUT somethings missing..take off is a bit slow at FIRST(rpms r higher)(w/o the tug),then she goes.. and rpms drop when your going up a hill.  ill go from 50 to 35 on a hill(gets steeper toward top) bout 1/4-1/2 mile long......  wonder if the 1500 main would help that part.....wheres the "launch" at, if any... seen built ones have high rpms and a bit slow take off, then GONE!!
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

art

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 13, 2010, 05:50:20 PM »
My built bikes don't have great take off,going more for top speed,could try to drop a 1/2gram before swapping the spring,I'm still new to this cvt game,sprokets and gears were my thing
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 13, 2010, 08:37:20 PM »
yeah, i have been trying different combos..gonna go back to 1000 main and try a few more, got a few errands to run, was hoping to dail it in 1st....   one set up stayed in second longer, one hit 3rd quicker. one was almost same..hmmm.. thanks for the reply....yeah, i am new at this too...lmao.......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 13, 2010, 09:29:07 PM »
with my 1500 fly springs I got a slightly better initial take off, but when I put in the 1000 torque spring I lost some top end, will need to go to a heavier roller, am currently running 6 gram Dr. Pulley sliders.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 15, 2010, 04:15:06 PM »
i am back for another round of ? for all of you...lmao.  still trying to adjust my cvt..     what should i be listening for anyway??     i want max rpm at take off, correct??... tried 8.5w/1500 take off a bit better, but the tug is back., seems to have lost 1-2mph(maybe just heat,humidity today,idk) from the 8.5. does seem to have helped my hill climb tho. i have many hills going up an down but i NEED topend cuz of the backroads and distance of travel for me to town, get there quicker. need to zip in and out of traffic in town...dam, i want both worlds huh...........gonna try several 1000 set ups today.. the shift pattern changes everytime. last one hardly had 1st,looong 2nd,o.d. how do tou get EQUAL "gear shifts"? thats what you want, right?
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 15, 2010, 07:13:20 PM »
With that set up i'd try a 9g,To the best of my knowledge Your contra spring changes the rpm your clutch enguages at,but also acts like a weight change(heavier spring = to lighter weight)so not that I know what I'm doing,get the spring that starts to grab about where youd like it to(rpm) than start with the weight changes,of corse after modding they don't make the weights that works best for your set up,get that as close as possible.Now its time to get your micro gram scale(dope scale) and start shaveing some metal out of each roller,With your saldering skills you could add some weight also  ;D .The tugg you are feeling should be weights are too light(belt is slipping)Reality I've been chaseing mine around in circles for three days now and still no closer after the race clutch and longer belt change,can't find my stock spring to start from scratch  ::)

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 15, 2010, 07:22:42 PM »
what up art? thanks for the reply.... well, i guess MY last few days are shot...lmao...just received my "race variator" from s.a.(same one that sid runs).(took me awhile just to order the dam thing). seems to be pretty good shipping time too.. it came with 8s in it, ill try them for sh**s an giggles. seems the 1000 gives me a bit more top, but the 1500 helps my hill speed.. only have up to 8.5 rollers right now.      hey, i have those scales..lmao..work reall good too...lmao, BUT idk about shaving rollers, a 7.25 may be nice tho.....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 15, 2010, 07:34:23 PM »
I havn't found a perfect roller yet,if you have a old unused light set you can fill them with salder and the fun begins,think they will need to be brass and have the potentual to be over 12g,with my race clutch I moved to the 9g and over club 8.5 belt slips and power peaks too early,that why im thinking the stock spring again if i could find It  :P

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 16, 2010, 06:15:49 AM »
Batman- The 1500 contra is probably what you want to try and use.  It is giving you the extra umph on the hills and a slight loss in top speed because your rollers are too light though.  Try some 9 gram rollers with that 1500 contra.  You should get the top end back. 

It is pretty easy to lighten the rollers on a drill press.  I took .5 g out of my slider.  Idk about adding weight back with solder though.  Never tried, but it seems like it would have to be evenly distributed or the rollers would wear on one side.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 16, 2010, 12:16:41 PM »
G'day Shaka, with drilling out the rollers, wouldn't that be a bit risky with taking too much too easily? I remember you managed to strike a winner when you did yours, but would it really be something you could do with reasonable control? On a side note, you must be hangin' to try out that Sea-Doo :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 16, 2010, 10:48:13 PM »
 ???   :'(      HOLY BREAKDOWN BATMAN!!!!!..  i know its friday eve. but i sure hope someone is in to point me in the right direction.. installed the new race var from s.a(dam rollers..lmao),ANYWAY, ran good, today i left, stopped to get gas, when i wanted to leave the pump,MY MOTOR IS LOCKED?!?!?!?. ran fine till then, all i did was stop for gas, cut it off,filled up, locked down!!.....omw out to start tearing her apart.....ANY IDEAS FOR ME??...THAT WAS JUST WHACK........THANKS IN ADVANCE...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 16, 2010, 10:58:17 PM »
With some luck hope it's something stuck in the starter gear or drive face,left some thing in there by accident,didn't tighten the nut fully.Look there first.After that see if it will turn over with the kickstart,if still locked up may have some more serious issues.check all tranny side first.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 16, 2010, 11:45:45 PM »
 ;D   WHEW!!!...    i think its simple...i just threw the panic button out...lmao    anyway, it looks like that new var was hitting side of case and stuck.. i took some off knowing it had to b done.. ran good, then lock down.. i can turn the crank with my hand now with the var off. i took a hair more off of the case.looks like it free spins again, have to look closer to make sure, thankfully i was only a few miles from the house getting gas....    thanks for the reply art, be back in a bit....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 17, 2010, 12:41:54 AM »
man.....that was scary, sorry for the panic button...she started right up again, seems ok, guess i need to get her hot again CLOSER to home in case before i head out..lmao...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 17, 2010, 02:11:39 AM »
Ya got to leave a little room for expansion,didn't know you had to shave the case,glad it worked out for ya!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()