Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108291 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #630 on: August 03, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »
well guys, i am back for more abuse......lmao.     i will play with crb/cvt once more but i would like some guidance..i do believe shaka and z have performed this act on the zx( by now i think). .i did learn that getting alot of top end was unrealistic( had heard 6-8mph) but bottom, mid would be noticably improved......any body have any experiance in this field??... told about 2-1/2 hr job.. want to port exhaust at the same time but dremmel wont fit in cyl. cuz of the bulkiness( believe i recieved a crash course in porting exhaust on another forum...lmao)...any help will be GREATLY appreiciated..........
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 08, 2010, 01:46:35 AM »
well i thought i was gonna do my next project tonight but now i am totally lost on this matching thing..have motor tore down, ALL appears to match up..sides, back, all seem right?? damnitt man, wheres zombie and/or shaka????lmao...........anyway i took cyl off and it had a nasty amount of carbon buildup on exhaust port!!!. got it off finally, what in the world is that from?? plugs indexed, was lean tho....it was crazy amount..port dam near stopped up: half way anyway!!!....my cyl. wall looked to have a bit of "burning","scorching", cyl has like a goldISH color right now(no dam honer either :()........ tried to make a port map and that was a complete failure..need a secret ther...lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 08, 2010, 01:53:13 AM »
 Your a little over my head there,I know sometimes just polishing and making all transitions as smooth as possible can help. The carbin build can be the type of oil your useing I notice this with bel rey more than others and of corse all the changes you have been doing. Mybe it will fly right now  ;D
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 08, 2010, 01:54:39 AM »
well i thought i was gonna do my next project tonight but now i am totally lost on this matching thing..have motor tore down, ALL appears to match up..sides, back, all seem right?? damnitt man, wheres zombie and/or shaka????lmao...........anyway i took cyl off and it had a nasty amount of carbon buildup on exhaust port!!!. got it off finally, what in the world is that from?? plugs indexed, was lean tho....it was crazy amount..port dam near stopped up: half way anyway!!!....my cyl. wall looked to have a bit of "burning","scorching", cyl has like a goldISH color right now(no dam honer either :()........ tried to make a port map and that was a complete failure..need a secret ther...lmao

...huh?...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 08, 2010, 02:00:01 AM »
well i actually have used different oil...belray mostly...lmao....had some motul, told to try the 800?motul....sh** i only get around 12tanks of gas per bottle of oil, my sh** burns it up somewhere, it gets expensive...lmao....oh yeah, couldnt get a truck to go an pick up those parts bikes yesterday, damnitt..theres 3 waiting on me(the 150 runs,its a maligutti w/a kymco engine,broke rear brake mount tho)......... sh**, i can hope she flys right now....lmao.....oh yeah, how many miles you figure on a set of rings with all dhese trials and tribulations
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 08, 2010, 02:02:31 AM »
 :D :D i confused word again i see.... :D :D   at least i am good for something.. :D ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 08, 2010, 02:06:15 AM »
...yeah, i'm 2-stroke stupid...

..really, i am...lol...

:o
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:17:38 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 08, 2010, 02:09:38 AM »
i had wanted to match cyl and crankcase but tore it all apart and dont see what gets done on this zx..think z an shaka have done this before.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 08, 2010, 02:27:53 AM »
 Not sure on the miles,i've had dirtbikes that i rode the hell out of and they are still out there running. The 50cc class is all new to me. Once dialed they actually work better with less effort.If not wot all the time!
  Who needs brakes anyway. I'm running motul now havent had it running long enouph to give a review. The bel rey always clogged my old bikes and I usually ran yamalube with good results and i'm a honda guy. No place to get local.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 08, 2010, 02:45:08 AM »
 Just another thought on oils I would not recommend blensdall (performs great but leaves a sticky residue an everything) and redline (overpriced and poor performance ta boot) Would not burn worth a damn even at 40to1  left an ooze trail all over the place. 

art

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 08, 2010, 02:57:42 AM »
  And yet another thought on your matching. When i took mine to the machinest  with the porting and all on the kymco there wasn't allot to do he said opening the exhaust was the only bottleneck he could see. I know he could have done more but the biggest bang for the buck was dialing in the exhaust port. Which i'm having him do right now with an oversized piston. For my sorta stock build(wont be to stock when im done) but using all modded stock parts cept the piston now.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 08, 2010, 03:19:54 AM »
well luckily i have only used belray and motul..gotta get out of the belray, shesh!!!....thanks for the oil tip..            yeah,i think i had gotten a crash course on the exhaust port but my dremmel wont fit, need a angle dremmel or the flex shaft, idk...... i want it done..still debating on a reed cage w/malossi one or mh one or just change reeds for oem..you can port those supposedly...lol...                                                                                                                                                                                                     oh yeah, at least i can say i can tear my motor down and put her back together and start 2nd kick.......HOOAH!!!  :D ;D ::)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 08, 2010, 03:41:13 AM »
 Your doing better than me right now. I think i glued my reeds shut on th 50+  :P

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 08, 2010, 03:48:39 AM »
oh sh**, you cut your own i guess??? using the stock cage??
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 08, 2010, 03:56:36 AM »
 Yep,had it torn down for the stater(no spark)and decided to throw some new reeds in it while there(had a couple sheets of material). I now have spark and no vacume. I remember they were a little tacky still,but didnt think they would stick
 Ha! At least i hope this is it. If not i'm stumped.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()