Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108292 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #645 on: August 08, 2010, 04:00:59 AM »
Hooah, I dont think there is any matching to be done on the stock cyl. unless you want to be very fussy. with the after market ones there is some to be done. once you get the ex. cleared you will notice a hell of a difference, that is why your cyl. is over heating. If you can, use a synth. or semi synth oil, mine costs $17.50 per litre and using 250ml per 10 litres of fuel.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 08, 2010, 04:24:28 AM »
hey sid, whats up?. thanks for the reply, (you too art..lmao)........yeah, i had seen the parts to match on a euro model but when i tore mine down i was like, w.t.h?  i didnt see anything either. need to get that exhaust ported for sure, woukd love to send off and get whole cyl ported but im sure thats expensive as hell......... i did use the belray s7 syn oil a few times...lmao......                                                 damnitt man, hope its only glued shut.....i wanna change that somehow myself via, new cage or just reeds....maybe get something out of ut...lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 08, 2010, 04:38:45 AM »
hey art, how thick are your reeds???   i remember z saying to get like .028/.029..malossi cage comes with.030/.035..just measured oem(have extra) reeds, they are only .007...wth?
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 08, 2010, 05:21:24 AM »
 Ha! Lost in some research. IT says they are 10.4 mm I didn't mic them but appear to be = to stock width maybe a hair thicker not much I'll get the inch readings .014  and are the same as the stock but carbin fiber. Ha! if ya double them up they will be the same as mine.(It could be done)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 08, 2010, 12:30:03 PM »
dam, i wish i had a puter.id take a pic of mine and show you...gonna have to get your # and i can send you a pic of stuff...my scoot too...lol anyway, im gettung lost here...why are MY oem reeds soooo dam thin(.007) but elsewhere should be around .028-.035.... guess your cage is different than a zx??... a guy told me you can port the cage itself, get 1mph an help flow, was gonna try and see but the thickness of my reeds had me...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 08, 2010, 04:46:07 PM »
 It do seem  thin.I know for awhile in the dirt bike world they were useing doubled up reed sets and 2 stage sets, What do you need to send pics. I have no cell phone (I'm old school that way) and a cheap basterd  ;D . I worked as a tech for some time and was on call 24/7 hated the leash!!! Never again!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 08, 2010, 05:04:02 PM »
...bat, send me your phone pics, and i'll post them...

..pm me for my cell #...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 08, 2010, 05:11:22 PM »
  You do need a computer when ya can check this vid out http://www.youtube.com/user/1PizzaFace#p/u/17/oddlfjtZBYo

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 08, 2010, 08:41:58 PM »
whats up guys....hell yeah, thanks word....i only have a couple of the scoot that turned out anyway, one of head after shaved and top of piston when apart.. want to take a pic of reed cage also to see how different.and the polishedISH belt cover...lmao....                  UPDATE THO: went out for a ride today....HELL YEAH, i could tell a difference today..either the adjustment on jet or the removal of all that dam carbon!. ::)  chunks of it..if she runs like that everyday, then we shall be getting somewhere..hella difference!!!! mid better, top even better..take off sluggish tho, maybe 6.5-6..idk wondering about those shims now for the carb. ;)....DEFINATELY GOTTA GET THAT EXHAUST PORTED NOW!!  ;D  way digging the ride today, pipe is even louder....again...lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 08, 2010, 09:26:25 PM »
Ahh, thet's good to hear, small job, big results. With regard to the reeds, your stock ones are stainless steel and are therefor thinner, when zombie said 30thou he was talking about fbre reed material. Apparently you can get the material in varying thicknesses and zombie suggested .030 as the best selection. If you were going to get your cylinder worked on, I would consider going to a larger kit, it probably wouldn't cost much more, in america you are lucky, more choice, less cost. When I was having trouble with mine I sent email to MHR and he replied with a quote of $121 for a cylinder kit and shipping
to Australia $126. Give it a go bat, you will like it, just be careful which one you buy.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 09, 2010, 07:05:51 AM »
  Hay sid noticed you mentioned some crazy quotes for a topend. Check out sip for some great deals I get almost all my stuff there now. They are located in germany and shipping to the states has been real reasonable and pretty damn fast no more than 5 days to west coast of the u.s. if in stock. Don't know about down under but there prices may make up for it. My faverite shop for after market stuff. Kinda a pain in the arse to navigate and half is in german,but once you get the hang of it you'll get some of the best prices in the world.  check it out  http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/M319987/Racing+cylinder+72cc+MALOSSI.aspx

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 09, 2010, 08:36:30 AM »
Hey, thats cool, if its in German I could order a conrod and receive a pair of handlebars.:) But, seriously though, I might check them out.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 09, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »
..batman's pics...

..bat, you'll have to add any commentary...lol

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 09, 2010, 11:07:31 PM »
..more batpics!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 09, 2010, 11:08:38 PM »
...nice looking scoot, btw...

peace

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()