Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 105362 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2010, 01:46:57 AM »
what up guys? sorry i been away.. well for the sake of argument, i tried sum 6g rollers, way sucked..doing like 20 mph.. anyway, put the oem spring back in, not a real change at all!!. definately did not like the weaker torque..W.T.F???? needless to say, i had the new 1500 put back in. of course i had to run to the shop, never could get it broke lose, scared id mess it up tho too..lmao(kept twisting)(.need a new vise).. now id swear that boy did SOMETHING. definately not revving as high??.. i could rev it up to take off more than it will now...is it the clutch itself??? even tho it has new springs also?  my speedo broke?? today somhow...AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!.....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2010, 02:45:28 AM »
Glad to see you back!   For my setup 6g rollers are way too light!  I've tried them multiple times with the same result, super high rpm's and going nowhere fast!  They don't have enough weight to close the variator.  I've found a good trick for testing whether your getting all the way into "top gear" is to take a marker and draw some radial lines on the variator face and go for a top speed run.  The belt will wear off the lines up to as high as it climbs the face.  I've also experimented recently with "variator notching", it looks promising, more on that later though!  It's still in the R&D phase. ;)  The clutch fly springs control the engagement point of the clutch.  If you are not revving high enough before take off you need stiffer fly springs.  If you rev up and then drop down or bog as you take off, the contra spring may be too soft and allowing the variator to begin shifting before you take off.  Kinda like trying to take off in second gear.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2010, 12:00:58 PM »
exactly.!!!!!. 6s were terrible.. right, it was trying to take off, bogged, in 2 -3 gear, then it would go..when i left yesterday, it seemed, that one boy(NOT SCOTTY EITHER)(his new help).. now it doesnt rev as high before taking off, trys to take off wit HALF THE RPM as before i went..still in "second gear" also.. i put yellow 1500 (both springs).. scott seems to think i need a new clutch itself??? dont see that tho, it has new springs,plenty of pad left too..lmao.. i put the oem spring back in, VERY SLIGHTLY better, torque was worse, now the revving to take off way lower.. you cant put the spring in wrong, slight glaze on discs also but dam, it would still work correctly..oem discs are smaller than aftermarket, mine is anyway. pointless to go any further with any mods till i figure this out.. mid range and top is ok, (i guess, wonder if better wit 7.5g rollers or not)..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2010, 04:47:30 PM »
AALLLLLLLL RIIIGGHHHTTTY THEN.......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2010, 10:57:14 PM »
I think the 7.5g rollers are a step in the right direction.  I think that the revving being lower at take is due to the oem contra spring.  It is shifting into "2nd" gear before the clutch engages.  You don't have enough torque to keep the engine in the powerband just after the clutch engages.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »
Glad to see you back!   For my setup 6g rollers are way too light!  I've tried them multiple times with the same result, super high rpm's and going nowhere fast!  They don't have enough weight to close the variator.  I've found a good trick for testing whether your getting all the way into "top gear" is to take a marker and draw some radial lines on the variator face and go for a top speed run.  The belt will wear off the lines up to as high as it climbs the face.  I've also experimented recently with "variator notching", it looks promising, more on that later though!  It's still in the R&D phase. ;)  The clutch fly springs control the engagement point of the clutch.  If you are not revving high enough before take off you need stiffer fly springs.  If you rev up and then drop down or bog as you take off, the contra spring may be too soft and allowing the variator to begin shifting before you take off.  Kinda like trying to take off in second gear.

..awesome idea!!

..aannd variator notching???

..come on man, spill th beans!!

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2010, 04:28:26 PM »
I'm almost done with it.  It is very tedious work!  I've only tested it once and it seemed to work real well, actually better than my Malossi!  I'm still working on cleaning it up and testing again.  Maybe later today! ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2010, 05:02:52 PM »
It's like that, then...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2010, 05:21:59 PM »
Yup, like that! ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »
I'm used to that...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2010, 05:25:16 PM »
No dis-respect!  I already showed you anyways! ;D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2010, 05:28:58 PM »
 :( :'( :-\ :( :'(

...i feel so left out.....

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2010, 05:32:24 PM »
Sorry man!  Maybe if you get a 2T  I'll share with you too!  Just kidding, I'll send you a pic if you'd like!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2010, 05:34:16 PM »
...but i'm having so much fun and at least a little success with this 4t!!... i can't stop now!!!!

;D

...but HECK YEAH!!...SEND ME A PIC!!!!

:D

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2010, 05:36:01 PM »
Haha!  I hear ya!  I'd be doing the same!  Check your email.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()