Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108164 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #810 on: August 28, 2010, 11:44:27 AM »
I like to think of gt as she is keeping you well excercised. When you get her going good again you will appreciate it that little bit more. Mine still has more to give but will just have to wait until I have more money to spend on her. Though having said that, I will start back on the free and cheap stuff tomorrow and monday.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 28, 2010, 11:52:33 AM »
yeah, she dam sure trys to keep me in practice.......thats what i as trying.....the free and cheap stuff!!!!!!.... now look at me  :'(   guess i need a slightly bigger carb before i can go on...maybe....if oil is problem, ported reed cage will get tried once more. ;D   i could tell a bit of difference now that oem back in right now.... :'( :P       yeah., cash is becoming an issue with tunning... cost gets higher for sure.......... >:(  where the cheap priced parts.. :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 28, 2010, 12:07:14 PM »
Careful, I tried cheap stuff, while it has been heart breaking frustration, it has also been a lot of fun learning. My cheap air filter decided to take a walk, now I gotta buy another, not so cheap after all. :)

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 28, 2010, 12:18:57 PM »
i had meant like a shim, ported cage, port the intake...that cheap stuff.. :D   sh**, i still wonder if our variator isnt a issue with its heavy ass ......it was cheap...id swear it is..still cant get takeoff....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 28, 2010, 01:24:03 PM »
Yeah, I think your ported cage is good, just make sure it is sealed. With the var. I am just going to use it for now, will go to 7 g rollers tomorrow and will look for 2000 fly springs to get more revs before take off. If I blow the clutch, I will be sure to let you know. :)

art

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 28, 2010, 04:44:17 PM »
 Send me a pic of the top of your carb. I can send ya a people 50 one for cheap if it will work. The top throttle holder is missing had cut it off to adapt to my arrache so may not be a straight bolt on.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 29, 2010, 03:50:44 AM »
Hey, thebatman, how did you go with the oil? Haven't heard yet, waiting for ya. I had mine apart today and changed the rollers, that variator isn't heavy at all. I finally put the 7's back in, massive increase in top. :)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 31, 2010, 01:26:56 AM »
Hey, batman, here is a link for the 4 valve reed that I am using. I think this is the wrong thread, but you will get it anyway. :)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 31, 2010, 06:51:03 AM »

art

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 31, 2010, 05:47:02 PM »
 And what did he do to the batman!!!  Someone lose there phone at the show?

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 31, 2010, 06:23:05 PM »
I reckon he is still trying to find his way home.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 31, 2010, 07:23:53 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D  HOLY HOMECOMING BATMAN.... DUDE, YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF JUST HOW RIGHT YOU ARE!!!!!!. man, left for the show sat afternnon, got there later than I wanted. ;D the dude thats with me left id in car so they wouldnt sell him beer, then he saw me talking to my ex(said he figured i was gonna leave with her), he got pissed AND BAILED B4 THE SHOW WAS OVER!!!. left me in the middle of charlotte, tried calling ex there for a ride, PHONE DIES. i walked about 18miles to the motel room,hes there, I FKN BLANK!!. i proceed to light into his ass, next door called security, his face, my hand is cut, im bleeding like a stuck pig, i walk out back door and proceed to hit interstate walking..FINALLY found a phone at DUMPY motel($65),couldnt use fone,local only,cn a cell fone,gave him 10 to use it, FINALLY got some fam on phone and finally made it home sun night. show was great tho, openers sucked but i was drinking lookin at ALL THOSE SEXY ASS WOMAN. ;D got drunk as fk, was great till the end >:( that friendship is DEAD!
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 31, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »
and we finally have an update:.. FINALLY got sone oil, brought me the dam belray tho  >:(  drained out tank, refilled, flooded carb out i guess, changed plug, fired up, went down rd, tried to get her hot, NEVER DIED. ::) ::)   i just be dam.... imma go check plug to make sure jetting ok and see if she runs w/o dying out still and then i guess imma feel stupid. ::) :-\  i may have just comtaminated oil, back to square 1 for some dam oil. ::) :'(  do have set of gaskets coming for reed cage (then i have a template to cut more  ;D).... wonder NOW, if i could put ported cage back on(port intake a touch at that time), and put my 5.7g back in????????...  had to put 6.5 back in today...hadnt gotten o ride in about a week or so, maybe i shoukd just drop it for a day or 2. :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 31, 2010, 07:51:53 PM »
  Damn dude .Sounds like some of my early days! To old for that anymore. Thats one cool thing about portland lots a small venues and never more than a $20 cab ride from home!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 31, 2010, 08:06:27 PM »
sounds like my early days too... :D :D  hadnt went off in a few yrs., had been doing good till then  :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()