Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 108145 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #945 on: October 12, 2010, 01:53:41 AM »
Got a spare drive boss?
Maybe get 1.5mm cut off the end, might give more closure to get your top back. I said spare because I dont know if it will work.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 12, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »
what up??    thanks rihanna and hoo...yeah, i had been having fits lately w/o my phone to hang here..  ::)  guess that goes back to that exciting life. :D >:(      hey sid, hadnt never thought  about that...my belt used to ride all the way to the edge of the var. that just started recently sometime... i have seen a trick with shims/washers for the var.....same dia. as the boss. if put in FRONT of var. gives take off but will take away top.  if put BEHIND var. gives more top cause it moves the whole setup outward..  supposedly this works....oh yeah, and BBs under the contra for a bit longer rpm stay...??????????  have yet to try either yet. ::)              tho i am working on a "forced air induction" for my fan shroud..it came off a chevy blazer. :D ;)  free mod, keep the engine a tad cooler... want to cut belt cover but sceeered at this time.. ::)  dont want to screw up my polish job. ;D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 12, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »
That shim behind the variator sounds good, just make sure it doesnt push the belt too faqt out of alignment. Give it a go, and post results, of course.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 12, 2010, 01:15:22 PM »
now that i have another phone that will hit the forum, maybe i can try that now, ......in case i need help. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 12, 2010, 01:30:56 PM »
Coke cans, cut a few and add one or two at a time and see how you go.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 18, 2010, 10:32:21 PM »
what up fellas?... went out today and installed my "forced air" induction. painted it gm lt blue.(figured wth since it came off a chevy  :D). took a few pics but of course im on my phone. i lost ALL my dam #s also.  :o >:( that way blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. pics too, it was completely wiped out!!. >:( i also installed some "bearrings"(b.bs) under my main spring. it did seem to help but of course my top was dead by about 5 mph w/5g rollers, gonna try some 6s,6.5s before i take the bearrings back out, to see if my top comes back. ;)... thats 2 free mods. :D  8)  figure maybe the fresh air will keep engine a bit cooler,easier. ::) whether or not it even makes a difference is unknown.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 19, 2010, 01:11:11 AM »
Hi, bat. Glad to see you're making progress there...AND you gots yer phone back. YEAHHHH!!!  ;D

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 19, 2010, 01:47:04 AM »
hey rianna... thank you, i hate i lost my sh** tho, oh well, shoulda had it backed up. :D ;)    yeah, imma trying to make some progress on the scooter, want so many things for it too.... ::) ;D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 19, 2010, 01:58:54 AM »
You will get there, bat. You already moddin' pipes, playin' with bearings and drillin' jets...lol...all I've managed to do so far is break a few tools.  :D

Man, sorry about them phone #'s and all. I know how that is. Hate when that happens!!!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 19, 2010, 02:15:50 AM »
yeah, but your scoot should be faster than mine is now.. >:( i gotta play catch up for awhile, since i had/have the slowest kymco made.  ::) (it is true,the zx is the smallest,slowest). but i have learned much here from all these guys and a few still mia for MONTHS now. >:( :'(   i have saved a bunch of cash doing it myself too. ;) :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 19, 2010, 02:25:52 AM »
Yes, save that cash!  8) That's the way to do it, bat. Yeah, these folks on here are great. And hey, I've only had mine up to 32 so don't feel like your the only one.  ;D

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 19, 2010, 02:30:07 AM »
HOLY SPEED BREAKER BATMAN!!  :o 32???? on a ag? mine did 34 wot,downhill when i started. with my next pipe on i CAN hit 53 now, not always tho. ;D ::)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 19, 2010, 02:47:13 AM »
53!! WooHooo...I'm gonna be like you when I grow up!! lmao

Yeah, I just don't have any open roads close by and now I'm waiting 'til I get the front brake fixed. I'm dying to know how fast, though.

Your ZX got it goin' on hittin' 53, bat!!!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 21, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »
well i have a small update........ i have a new FREE mod to share.. i took out my clutch and drilled 3 3/16in holes. 1 in each clutch shoe... it gave me more rpm (no tach, assume about 1000-1300)at takeoff. thought of going up to a 3/8in hole. make her engage at about 4500-5000rpm. really get the rpms up there... seems to be a good,quick, cheap mod to help you out on extra rpm. ;)                         i also was seeming to have issues with my torque driver... i removed it from the clutch, disassembled it and cleaned, regreased the inside. i can definately tell a difference now. that helped. idk how many ppl look over this but the shifting pattern is smoother, better.. i recommend this for all t.ds. i know the zx. figured i would also put that part in a thread in the zx board...nice improvement ladies and gentlemen..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 22, 2010, 12:53:05 AM »
...that makes sense...anytime you can "lighten th' load", your scoot will benefit..

..may require further cvt tuning after lightening...but hey!....

;D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:08:54 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()