Author Topic: newly bought zx50 might have lighting problems?  (Read 10209 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: newly bought zx50 might have lighting problems?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 02:41:48 AM »
RLMAO.....just got mine back this evening, imma try the wd40 thing, but i have replaced all bulbs except the head light.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 03:38:08 AM »
The headlite is about a six dollar thingie. It winds up costing 11-20 bucks depending on how far you have to go,and get it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 05:04:31 AM »
If you have any working lights, it's got to be a short in the wiring itself, one of the plug connectors, or the bulb socket.  I also checked my license plate light, which doesn't currently work.  I'm pretty sure I left the bulb out to save some power draw though.  No license plate needed! ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 06:24:14 AM »
You're daqrked out.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 11:12:52 AM »
lmao.....yeah, i have front runners. told the turns, brake lights are battery run...head,runners,TAIL lights off the stator.. replaced that before too. there was a fan bolt?? stuck to the magneto, stator..the scoot shop said i may have burnt it up? they didnt work when i put it on anyway, dont know when the bolts came out.. i did see they were missing before, just thought fell out
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 11:44:27 PM »
I just checked on mine.  The turn signals and brake light run off the battery with the ign. switch on, but engine off.  The running lights and headlight run off the stator and the engine has to be running.  This leads me to believe that your stator is working if you have front running lights and it's gotta be in the wiring, sockets, or bulbs.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 02:44:11 PM »
HOOAH!!!!! my lights work now... idk if it was removing rear turn signals, (1side had been changed from lay down) & going euro(sleeks up the rear good,..good tip..) or the wd40.. had to replace headlight, put red in front markers,speedo lights... hell yeah, thanks a bunch, ive not had lights my whole ownership..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 10:03:55 PM »
Awesome Batman! Just don't tell Robin or he may want his fixed too> I always thought there was something a little off w/ him... You know all that Holy Night Driving Batman

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 03:38:33 AM »
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!  ;D..RLMAO...i know thats right.., my lips are sealed.. :-X ...any other tricks for me??..lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 12:38:55 PM »
I was interested in the headlight upgrade so I took the globe out to see about replacing it and I saw it was a dual fillament meaning it does have a high beam even though it does not have the switch. I swapped the wires over to see what the high beam was like and even though it is still only 35 watts it is still an improvement.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 12:41:43 PM »
Oh, ane for what it is worth, I found a dimmer switch on ebay.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 05:10:39 PM »
I tried hooking mine up with a second switch to operate the the second filament.  I had it to where I could have both filaments on at the same time and the stator does not put out enough power.  The result was less light output with both filaments running at the same time.  I ended up just running the high beam filament.  When that bulb eventually blew I replaced it with a completely different bulb that I modified the base to fit in the housing.  It was an 893 I forget off hand how many watts it is, I think it was about 40W.  I just shaved the very ends of the oval base down with a dremel till it fit snuggly and plugged the wires directly on the back of it.  I'm pretty sure I posted somewhere on here about it.  The light output is much better now! Here is a pic of the different bulb bases.    I think you may be able to use an H4 or H7, but I don't know the wattage of them.  You want to keep it close to the 35W recommended!  Otherwise, you could melt the headlight housing, and/or overload the electrical system!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 08:30:33 PM »
Hi Shaka, thanks for the info. because I have already got the switch coming I will have a go at connecting it.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 09:40:53 PM »
There is one thing I don't understand! I have a hi low switch on the left bar. It is a thumb toggle that gives Hi/low, or a flash of the Hi. Mine is an '04.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »
Idk about that one Zombie.  The only thing I have on the left bar is the turn signal and the horn.  Maybe you really do have a Mexican or Canadian model.  I thought mine was an '04 also, not positive on that though.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()