Author Topic: cdi  (Read 12784 times)

kymconewguyontheblock

• View Profile
Re: cdi
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2010, 07:56:23 PM »
thanks i will watch the youtude videos you guys have been a great help thanks
the last thing I just want to know if anyone knows is if I need to buy a new boss or can I just take off a washer

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2010, 08:03:13 PM »
Slinger will see this and get back w/ you. I'm not trying to chase you off Bro! There is a ton of free info. on those Utube sites. In fact if you find something that helps you, please post it here so that you can in turn help someone else. Check out that moi moi pallalo boy stuff while your browsing utube. Funny as Heck.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
thanks i will watch the youtude videos you guys have been a great help thanks
the last thing I just want to know if anyone knows is if I need to buy a new boss or can I just take off a washer

..if there is a washer on the boss, remove it...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

kymconewguyontheblock

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »
thanks guys so do guys both have these two things de setricted on your scooters?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2010, 11:42:21 PM »
It may sound like a lot of work, but it's really not!  You may need an impact wrench though. The easiest way to tell if your variator is restricted, by either boss length or washer, is to remove it.  If there is a washer between the two halves, remove it.  If the boss is restricting it the two halves will not come completely together and you will need to buy a "derestricted" one.  The main thing you are looking for is that the two halves will come completely together, allowing the belt to ride all the way to the top.

kymconewguyontheblock

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2010, 05:11:37 AM »
if I need to buy a new one won't the boss be thicker at the end or just longer?

kymconewguyontheblock

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2010, 05:18:15 AM »
http://www.gusdeluxe.info/canon2.jpg

This is a picture of both if its restricted it will look like the one on the left correct and I will have to buy a new one and if it just has a washer just remove it right?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2010, 05:37:33 AM »
I'm not positive if the boss will be thicker or just longer.  If you pull the variator off, put it all back together without the rollers just in your hands and set it on a table with the outside facing down.  The ramp plate the roller run on should not push up past the channels it runs on.  If there is a washer between the halves remove it.  If you look at it like, you want the halves to come together till the small centers touch, which forces the belt up the face as high as it will go, it should be easy to determine if there is something preventing that from happening.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()