Author Topic: Courtesy light in luggage compartment? '06 Grandvista 250  (Read 953 times)

shawgb

• View Profile
Courtesy light in luggage compartment? '06 Grandvista 250
« on: February 18, 2010, 12:57:59 AM »
(FYI - I've also posted this same message under the Grandvista 250 tab...thought I might get more exposure posting here...)

I have a 2006 Grandvista 250, bought used in 2008 with like 2500 miles. I now have around 3000 miles. Believe it or don't, but I at least feel like I ride it all the time (and can, most of the year here in Dallas...), but it's ALWAYS for short trips.

Anyway - when I bought it, I noticed in the under-seat luggage compartment, there was what looked to be the lens cover of a light along the side and near the top - an obvious place to put a "courtesy" lamp. I was curious that this light didn't work - and my initial reaction was to look for a switch that should activate it when the seat is open. I couldn't find ANYTHING remotely looking like some kinda switch. Okaaayy. So maybe it's some hidden switch.

For my next trick, I pried the thing outta the socket, and it came out intact with wires leading inside the chassis. Now I separated the lens from the assembly - and SURE ENOUGH - there appeared a socket (the plug-in kind, not the screw in kind...) but no bulb. Eureka! THAT'S why it doesn't work!
I emailed my local Kymco dealer, asking what type bulb this called for. He said he wasn't aware of any such courtesy light in the luggage compartment of a GV 250 - but he'd check it out and get back to me.

Yep, he emailed back - they happened to have an '06 on the lot and he checked it himself and saw the very same light (or at least, light assembly...) I was referring to. What was strange was that not only was this apparently new to him, he told me their service manuals made no mention of any light supposed to BE there! Even so - he got his service manager to look at it - and they thought they worked out what bulb should be there – which happens to be a yamaha bulb.

I still haven't had my GV in for service, but I'm about to - and plan to have them put this bulb in the "mystery socket".

I've searched this and other Kymco forums for postings asking about this mystery bulb - but have yet to find ONE.

Assuming we've found the correct bulb for this mystery socket, I still don't know if it's even meant to HAVE a bulb - or if there's a switch that turns it on automatically or not.

But my biggest mystery of all...AM I THE ONLY GV 250 OWNER THAT HAS THIS FEATURE? If not - how is it POSSIBLE THAT I'M THE ONLY PERSON TO POST ABOUT THIS ON SEVERAL KYMCO BOARDS??? I'm just so confused...

Any insight would be HUGELY appreciated!
Thank you!!!

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Courtesy light in luggage compartment? '06 Grandvista 250
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 01:02:13 AM »
Just posted in other thread.

shawgb

• View Profile
Re: Courtesy light in luggage compartment? '06 Grandvista 250
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:58:49 AM »
Hi all -

If anyone's interested, my "mystery" was solved by forum members under the Grandvista 250 tab.
Thanks!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()