Author Topic: What Variator Xciting 500  (Read 4422 times)

guile

• View Profile
What Variator Xciting 500
« on: February 18, 2010, 11:10:04 AM »
Hi fellow Kymcoers!
A question from the Netherlands. Hope you can help me out with some opnions or advise.
I own an Kymco Xcting 500 (2006). From  earlier experience I know that acceleration can be much improved with a different variator.

- Does anyone know what brand of variatior would fit the Xciting best? The Malossi, Polini or the J.Costa?
- Are there any other mods available for the xciting 500?

Thanks in advance and keep the shiny side up!

Gijs van der Sluijs
The Netherlands

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: What Variator Xciting 500
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:21:49 PM »
Here's the shop I use.   http://www.malossiusaonline.com/   I'm sure they could direct you to a local source. Maybe it is easy enough to just deal w/ them dirrect
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 10:29:38 PM »
"My" local Kymco dealer just suggests lighter vario rollers. Same effect, much less money to spend.
Dr.Pulley offers 28 gram rollers which suit the x500 vario.
Costa has a bad reputation because their pivots have a small contact area and wear down very fast. Of course, the first thousand kilometres are fun...
If you can read German, this might be an interesting forum, specialized on Kymco. Imho with even more knowledge than this forum (dealer and importer frequently online, even someone from Kymco Taiwan itself). Direct link to Xciting 500 subforum:
http://zzip.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=44
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:39:54 PM by ts1 »

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 12:44:29 AM »
I use the Dr. Pulley sliders in my ZX50 with great results!  I would try swapping out for some ones of those before going the whole new variator route, much cheaper!

guile

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 07:16:14 AM »
My fellow Kymcoers! Thanks for all your responses. I will think them over.
Great!  ;D
Are there any other mods that can be done?

Thanks from The Netherlands.

Gijs

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 07:59:24 AM »
There are lots of after-market parts for your scoot. Cam shafts, exhaust, air breathers, clutches, kevlar belts,and high performance brake kits to name a few. A high lift & duration cam combined with a throaty exhaust will give the biggest performance gain, while the cvt parts will adjust the power to the way you want the scoot to respond. The x500 is not really a performance bike in itself, but is a Quite impressive for a scooter. Some of the milder cams run just under $200.00 US, and go up to $370.00. Exhaust systems are just a bit higher. For roughly $1'000.00 (+ , -) you can add approx. 30 mph top end. You will go thru quite abit more fuel also. Google around, or check out Surf Canyon for a search engine. S C saves alot of googleing...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

guile

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 01:15:58 PM »
Thanks Zombie. Will keep you posted!
 ;D
Gijs

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()