Author Topic: Feelin Groooovy !  (Read 1827 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Feelin Groooovy !
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:50:37 AM »
The weather here in Valdosta has been beautiful last few days and, Man, am I lovin riding again!  Well, you know it HAS been 32 yrs!  I feel like I never left off -- feel like a teenager again when I'm on the scooter. There are a lot more two wheelers on the road today than there was back when I used to ride.  Really enjoy getting a wave from all of em.  I suppose winter's not done yet, though.  Supposed to rain tomorrow.

Lovin the Xciting 500 too.  What an excellent bit of luck for me to have come across it, knowing next to nothin about modern scooters.

Hey, Zombie, you getting in any riding down there? 

Did I mention you guys here are awesome?  It'd be great to meet and ride with some of you sometime.   

Paul 

rick71

• View Profile
Re: Feelin Groooovy !
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 04:00:27 AM »
If doesn't look like rain between home and work, I'll be riding  in the morning :-)

Rick

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:13:18 AM »
I got in 90-100 miles each day: Friday, Saturday and today.

All the gory details are at the blog.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:08:24 PM »
I ride every day Hoolander. Even though it has been raining quite a bit this winter, we don't get many ALL day rains. Mostly scattered bands that blow right thru. 2 wheels are soooo much easier. (and more fun)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 02:33:02 AM »
Amen to that, Zombie. 

Jprestonian, you have a very nice blog.  Nice to detail your rides, friends, n all.

I don't have any scooter or mc buddies around here.  Well, I haven't been in touch with my old riding buds for many years and don't live near them anymore anyway.  But that's ok since I like riding alone just fine too.  Recon I'll make a few new aquaintencences of the two wheelin kind before too long now. 

Rained last night so my road was too muddy to take 'er out today.  Went out and cleaned bugs n dust off from the previous few days.  Tomorrow morn I plan to go wax her with Maguire's and have her orange coat shining like the SUN.  ;D

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 04:05:38 AM »
Thanks, Hoo. I started it as a way to track my progress with my first Kymco, an Agility 125 that I bought new from my sometimes-employer.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 04:35:12 AM »
Hey, I've had a couple of "sometimes-employers" in my life.   Not altogether a bad thing except for the sometimes-paychecks. I take it that employer is a dealer which would make you a sometimes mechanic or salesperson?

Is your blog name a take off on the lady golfer, Dawn Coe-Jones? 

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 06:56:17 AM »
I sometimes run the shop, when the owner and his wife are indisposed (like tomorrow morning, f'rinstance).

The blog name is a mashup of Kymco + Spanish word for testicles.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 03:00:20 PM »
AAAAhhhhh! Now I get it    Good one!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 03:48:48 PM »
Of course, they weren't my sometimes employer when I bought the Agility. I was working at Vanderbilt at that time. That was June of 2007. Then, about a year ago, they asked me to revamp their web site, and then last summer, started asking if I could run the shop on occasion (a blessing to the guy who has been without a steady paycheck since June, 2008).

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 09:45:55 PM »
Same ocean/ different boat!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()