Author Topic: I took the scoot to the shop!!  (Read 1168 times)

Kimcofan

• View Profile
I took the scoot to the shop!!
« on: February 22, 2010, 02:58:14 PM »
I know I know you are all saying WHY, but I took it to this local business called Scoot Richmond they said they would look at it for a small fee for the diagnostic and let me know what was wrong so I can fix the problem.  I did not take it to the dealer where I would have had to take a personal loan out to just find out what the problem was.  Not only that they were pretty cool over there and we ended up talking scooters for about an hour.  Plus I was tired of trying things and failing.  I am ready to ride again.  They said I would hear from them by tomorrow.  So when I do I'll let you know what the verdict was and then I'll feel like an idiot for not thinking of what they tell me.  I have a feeling they are gonna tell me to get a new cdi or something like that

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: I took the scoot to the shop!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:04:55 PM »
No Shame Bro. It's better to ride it than look at it taking up space! let us know how it works out...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: I took the scoot to the shop!!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 11:23:22 PM »
I've been there myself!  When I put the cylinder kit, carb and exhaust on mine, I ended up having to take it to a local scooter guy.  It was something stupid!  My throttle cable had to be modified for length to allow the slide in the new carb to fully drop down.  Oh well, cost me $90, but he fixed it for me!  I had been messing with it for a couple weeks and get it to run right, so it was worth it, plus I felt I was helping out a local mechanic and not a money grubbing shop!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()