Author Topic: New rider!! Looking for info!!!  (Read 4118 times)

Circus

• View Profile
New rider!! Looking for info!!!
« on: March 01, 2010, 04:31:37 AM »
Hey guys, I recently purchased a used 2007 Kymco Agility 50. While I love riding it around town, Im disappointed with its performance and believe the seller lied to me. He told me it has a 80cc kit, cam, new carb, and 15g rollers. He gave me the "stock" 50cc head, cam, and old carb. After burning through gas like crazy and a few other fixes, I tore the scooter apart and tuned the carb(which was nowhere NEAR tuned). Mind you I bought it from a scooter/atv MECHANIC! While passing a neighborhood speed display, I pinned it and it read 26, after the tune, the scooter ran night and day better and had amazing mpg, but is still running 26 mph top speed. I pulled the carb and there is no restrictor washer there, haven't gotten to pull the exhaust yet(I plan to buy a pipe for it in a couple weeks anyway), and am waiting for him to attempt to make it right before I perform the cdi cut. My question is, can someone give me a CLOSEUP picture of where I'm cutting? Also, what other cheap, effective mods are there for their performance? Thanks guys! Look forward to learn more!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: New rider!! Looking for info!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 05:21:16 AM »
Hey Circus, welcome to the forum. This is the best link I have seen. It was posted by another member Li5a.  http://translate.google.com/translate?client=tmpg&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmentos.wep.dk%2Fscooterhjemmeside%2Fbegrensninger.html&langpair=da   It sounds as if you have all the parts you will need, Just have to tune them correctly. Read thru the agility board as it has all been posted before. The first thing to check would be the valve adjustment, and cam timing. If either is slightly off you will have no performance. If you can get your hands on a compression gauge that will tell you quite abit about what needs to be addressed. Take a look around the posts, and ask away bro! Where do all these agilities keep coming from?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 11:40:40 AM »
...welcome to th' forum circus!!

..might want to take a look in the cvt, to make sure the variator is de-restricted..no washer on the boss...

..Where do all these agilities keep coming from?

..umm...mostly from china, now....  ;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:43:28 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Circus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:19:57 PM »
Do you guys think 10g-15g is a good roller weight combo for the motor? Im taking it in tomorrow to have the guy "make it right" with the deal, and I want to make sure I have the right weight installed

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 06:42:09 PM »
...i run (6) 4.7 gram rollers in mine...ran 5.5 gram for a while, and when i change them out, imma get 4.5s....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:30:22 PM by wordslinger »

Circus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 04:37:52 AM »
but would that benefit me in the top end running that low of weights if the scooter indeed has a 80cc kit? also, i keep reading about plug chops and rejetting the carb and whatnot to get a free flow filter, whats a plug chop and how do i judge the jet on my carb?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 06:09:19 AM »
This page shows the spark plug color you are trying to get w/ jetting changes.  http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:GWxVkWUBzb4J:www.paradrenalin.com/Spark%2520Plug%2520Color%2520Chart.pdf+spark+plug+color+chart&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESij0N5FFPocWiwf4VDFupy6mWSfW6Y9XR0I_Ymp64WOx9D72jUqD0kdOAEnh0fH7FRyozRn6oa_BFhYYouLdpfkta1EnqOVruCfhs02ooOG3qCxPLQkfktjuf4Q_pCJn7iBOWun&sig=AHIEtbQIrrHzVlFaomFOfOEef_UncivxVg   The only time rollers really affect top end is when they are just too light to close the variator. Lighter will give you more rpm's at every speed. Heavier will go lower rpm's. A larger jet will give a darker color on the plug, and smaller will give a lighter color. You want your plug to be a tan color for the best mix, and power. I prefer starting at the main jet wide open throttle, and adjusting the size/ needle hight (mid range)/ and finally idle jet, and mix setting. It may sound overwhelming at first, and there are tons of posts on the subject but once you get the hang of it, it becomes quite easy to tell which way to go.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 11:39:35 AM »
but would that benefit me in the top end running that low of weights if the scooter indeed has a 80cc kit? also, i keep reading about plug chops and rejetting the carb and whatnot to get a free flow filter, whats a plug chop and how do i judge the jet on my carb?

..guess i missed the 80cc part...lol..

Circus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 10:11:11 PM »
So I spoke with the kid and hes going to replace the 12g rollers with 15g ones. I also performed the CDI cut just now-so anxious to ride home and see the difference.

My new question is the variator deristriction. I work next to an aluminum machine shop and am planning on having them machine down the bushing on the boss. My question is, how long is the dis-assembly to get the boss out?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 10:29:17 PM »
For a first timer I would say 45 minutes + -.  It's an easy job. The 15gr rollers are tooo heavy. You will lose a few seconds on accel. And the top end will be no different. Lighter will be quicker, and with the right ones you will still have the top end. No harm in trying tho. Post about the cdi  when you get done w/ your ride!

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 10:38:07 PM »
For a first timer I would say 45 minutes + -.  It's an easy job. The 15gr rollers are tooo heavy. You will lose a few seconds on accel. And the top end will be no different. Lighter will be quicker, and with the right ones you will still have the top end. No harm in trying tho. Post about the cdi  when you get done w/ your ride!

I second that!  You need to go lighter!  I can have my entire cvt apart in less time than it take to finish a cigarette, I've done it a lot though! ;)

Circus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 04:32:24 PM »
so lighter than the 12g? i thought lighter=quicker start and heavier=top end lower rpm?

also the cdi cut was definitely noticeable on the ride home. I love it!!! its ok to ride it full throttle right? i kept it pinned majority of the way home and back to work this morning lol

and basically on the plug chop im setting it to where i believe is right then turning it off, checking the plug, and repeating that if necessary depending on the plug color?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 07:47:08 PM »
...lighter rollers only give lower top end speed when they are too light...

..there is no difference in the top end speed of my A50 with 4.7 or the stock 6 gr rollers...

..6 grams sure does take a lot longer time to get to top speed tho...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:31:54 PM by wordslinger »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 09:48:01 PM »
The color of the plug should be read at different rpm settings. You will need one for top end (full throttle) and one for mid range. Adjusting the idle mix screw will only alter the idle. It has nothing to do w/ other rpm ranges. Put in a new plug and run the scoot for about 1 minute at full throttle. Hit the kill switch, and close the throttle. That is the plug you want to see. The color should be tan to lite brown. If not post a pict and we can tell you which way to go with the MAIN jet. Repeat w/ the throttle at 1/2-3/4(with another new plug). To set the idle mix, adjust the smaller screw 1/4 turn at a time in either direction untill you get the highest rpm's. You can turn the larger screw to adjust the idle speed to suit. Once you get the best adjustment turn the smaller screw 1/4-1/3 turn counter clockwise, and your idle will slow some. bring your speed back up w/ the larger screw, and that will be your final setting. use either plug, and ride around as per normal for a few minutes/ miles, and you should have a nice brown plug.

Circus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 12:05:30 AM »
but its ok to run full throttle majority of the rides?

and if im understanding correctly, since i have to rejet after exhaust, i should just do both at the same time so i can just rejet it once and only have to do one plug chop?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()