Author Topic: ncy performance parts  (Read 6747 times)

scoot1234

• 31 yr. old hudsband and father of 4
    • View Profile
ncy performance parts
« on: March 01, 2010, 03:10:53 PM »
wandering how well the ncy parts stand the test  ??? thanks
I love this forum! It's the best i have found; Very informative, especially because of knowledable peeps.ex.: 'wordslinger', 'shaka', 'Axy' or 'Zombie' just to name four...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: ncy performance parts
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 02:09:25 AM »
What up scoot! I haven't used them, but I see alot of posts on scooter invasion referring to them. I have also seen too many to remember posts of people running nyc parts. For me the real test is actually holding the part in my own two mitts. If it looks like cheap $hit it is. Not saying NYC is, just in general...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

scoot1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 02:31:05 PM »
thanks bro. been a while
I love this forum! It's the best i have found; Very informative, especially because of knowledable peeps.ex.: 'wordslinger', 'shaka', 'Axy' or 'Zombie' just to name four...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 02:33:50 PM »
What are you looking at in the NYC line? maybe I can help find some more info...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

scoot1234

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 12:19:50 AM »
looking to buy an a 50 with ncy- cylinder, head valve and crank up grade.  he says 101cc 8mi. on build what should i look for in main jet change and air intake change he says it will do 60 mph now no carb change though. I ask if he had the gas and air balance right he said yes.. suppose to see this weekend NC time p.s. sas he been building for years working as a kymco tech
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:48:47 AM by scoot1234 »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 02:29:09 AM »
So far I found nyc has a 110cc kit for the QMB engine. I'll keep looking to see if I can find anything worth posting. One thing, That is a HIGHLY modified engine. Stresses are going to be quite high. I wouldn't jump right into it w/out a lot of research. Perhaps the seller will hook you up with some of his sources, and reference material.

scoot1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 06:49:06 AM »
i should say 88cc head and with the 2% crank the larger . higher valves added to the cylinder must make that kind of cc,s.  Can,t wait to see it he runs his own busines and is coming out to look ot mine , maybe fix maybe trade, anyway i call everynight so they want forget me they say they havnt it will probably be the weekend though with the weather the way it is.  tha way i understand it all thi dude does is work on scooters. First for a big company then at home. So I,m willing to wait.  With that experience you,d think check for leaness I just hope he lets it brethe enough.  If not I will have to go with at at least a 105 main and a free flowing filter hypothetically speaking o,course? with a plug chop or two to adjust right/ by the way How exactly do you do a plug chop? thank...Scoot

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile

scoot1234

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »
thanks zombie. let you know more later.  I'm wandering is this ting going to burn clutches, belts etc. guess we'll see

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 10:00:38 PM »
Here's a description of how to SET your chops:  The color of the plug should be read at different rpm settings. You will need one for top end (full throttle) and one for mid range. Adjusting the idle mix screw will only alter the idle. It has nothing to do w/ other rpm ranges. Put in a new plug and run the scoot for about 1 minute at full throttle. Hit the kill switch, and close the throttle. That is the plug you want to see. The color should be tan to lite brown. If not post a pict and we can tell you which way to go with the MAIN jet. Repeat w/ the throttle at 1/2-3/4(with another new plug). To set the idle mix, adjust the smaller screw 1/4 turn at a time in either direction untill you get the highest rpm's. You can turn the larger screw to adjust the idle speed to suit. Once you get the best adjustment turn the smaller screw 1/4-1/3 turn counter clockwise, and your idle will slow some. bring your speed back up w/ the larger screw, and that will be your final setting. use either plug, and ride around as per normal for a few minutes/ miles, and you should have a nice brown plug

scoot1234

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 10:07:09 PM »
cool just wish me luck i get this beast . But the info is invaluable for all of us thanks ;D

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 08:38:58 AM »
Cheers zombie, good info, I am learning something already. Will try this when I get new cylinder kit.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »
No troubles guys. I keep posting because there are so few places to get advice on ANYTHING that you can trust. I found the forum looking for help, and found the guys here to to top notch . I generally have a better time here than dealing w/ my own customers. Go figure...

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 07:42:03 PM »
i have only used their springs....seems to be ok stuff.....we can hope anyway huh....lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 12:52:42 PM »
what up? i saw the plug test... i wanna do one on my scooter just to check for myself..supposedly its right, by the guy at the local shop anyway..it sounds easy to do.. do i have to ride it or can i just pick it up and do this stationary?? that would b ideal cuz of my location. i took mine out,just to c. i have been riding it but the plug was a "brownish","rust" color??. i have several new ones for a test tho. is it easy??...lmao thanks again..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()