Author Topic: HELP PLEASE!  (Read 2932 times)

dangoleboy

• View Profile
HELP PLEASE!
« on: March 02, 2010, 07:29:50 PM »
Well, my P250 ran out of gas, leaving me stranded on the side of the road. I was able to get enough gas in it to get to a gas station. I put 1.5 gal. in the tank at the station and drove to work. When I got off of work later that day, my girl wouldn't start. I haven't been able to get her started since. Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to get it running? Otherwise I've got to fork out the cash and take her to the shop.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 07:39:13 PM »
...it might be that there is some trash in the carb now...only takes a very small spec to clog up a port...change your fuel filter, if it's very old...

..then, if you're mechanically inclined, i would suggest removing, dis-assembling and thoroughly cleaning your carburetor...

..same thing happened to me a cpl times...

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »
Why don't you at least check the spark plug for fouling or debris before going too deep. 

Also, check your kill switch.  Some idiot might have messed with it.

dangoleboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 12:20:12 AM »
I already replaced the sparked plug and gapped it properly and everything.

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 05:15:05 AM »
Dang kill switch - got me good a couple times.  Good luck figuring out your problem - be sure to post results please.

:)>>
:)>>

dangoleboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 03:31:10 AM »
what about the kill switch can I check? I'm not sure what to be looking for.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 05:44:27 AM »
Just saying to see if the kill switch is in the RUN position.  Not the OFF position. 

Many of us, myself included, have felt like fools when we have tried and tried to kick and kick and start and start a bike till we're blue in the face, then to discover that the switch got turned to the off position somehow, and there was really nothing wrong with the bike whatsoever. !! 

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 05:41:25 PM »
What sounds does the scoot make when trying to start it? 
Have you confirmed the Kill switch is in the run position? 
What lights are on before starting?

dangoleboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 04:06:23 PM »
The scoot is trying to start, all the light are on. The scoot sounds like its trying to start but not turning over or igniting. I'm not really sure how else to describe it, I'm not very mechanically inclined.

Is it possible that it's the fuel filter? if so, where is the fuel filter. I don't see in my manual.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 06:26:18 PM »
Have you checked to see that it is sparking? Not just a new plug but that it does actually have spark? The fuel filter is built into the petcock. You can drain the tank to remove it for cleaning. There is a small vacuum line that goes to the intake from the petcock. If you remove the carb end, and suck on it that will open the petcock , and allow fuel to flow. You can verify this by removing the fuel line from the carb, and watching for flow
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »
Well, my P250 ran out of gas, leaving me stranded on the side of the road. I was able to get enough gas in it to get to a gas station. I put 1.5 gal. in the tank at the station and drove to work. When I got off of work later that day, my girl wouldn't start. I haven't been able to get her started since. Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to get it running? Otherwise I've got to fork out the cash and take her to the shop.

...carburetor cleaning..................
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()