Author Topic: No honest mechanics out there!!!!  (Read 2188 times)

Kimcofan

• View Profile
No honest mechanics out there!!!!
« on: March 04, 2010, 06:11:23 AM »
Well after taking my scoot (which was already completely apart) to the shop and explaining everything that was going on to a T.  And telling them multiple times not to work on it more than an hour, because I am not paying for more than an hours labor....they decided to readjust the timing and valves and called me telling me it was me 2 hours of labor like im some kind of idiot when i took the motor apart myself and put it back together like i dont know how long it takes to adjust the timing and valves.  I told them "DO NOT WORK ON IT MORE THAN AN HOUR!" two or three times when I dropped it off and another time when I called to check up on it.  I am not paying those fools more than an hour I have a witness that heard the conversation both times i talked to them IT PISSES ME OFFFFFFF!

They said it wasnt running because my timing was way off and my valves were too, and all i needed was a battery b/c the cdi wont work unless there's a charge in the battery, weather you kick start it or not.  I AM NOT PAYING FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR LABOR!!!!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: No honest mechanics out there!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 11:45:47 AM »
...itsa sad story...but one told many times over...

..i feel for you my friend...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 12:53:52 PM »
I do not know the customs over there, but if I tried telling any mechanic how much time he needs to do something, and especially in that "demanding" tone, I would probably be asked to find another mechanic willing to endure that attitude.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 01:08:14 PM »
I do not know the customs over there, but if I tried telling any mechanic how much time he needs to do something, and especially in that "demanding" tone, I would probably be asked to find another mechanic willing to endure that attitude.

..true...

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 11:14:40 PM »
I did not tell them in any type of tone I told them " I am not trying to spend a lot of money on my scooter if it takes more than an hour of labor call me and let me know how much longer you need to work on it and I will let you know weather I want the work done"  I never got a phone call and they agreed to an hour labor as well.  I own a carpentry business and I have told someone that a job is going to be a certain number of hours and If I didn't complete the job in the amount of time I told them I would keep my word and charge the price I quoated them.  If they could not get something done in the amount of time I gave them then they should have either stopped working on the scooter, and called me NOT work on it longer and then tell me the price

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 11:47:38 PM »
I work in service and I totally agree!  I hope you only paid for an hours worth of labor!  The point is that you told them multiple times you were only willing to pay for an hours worth of work.  If they saw it was going to take longer then they should have called you to get approval first!  That is policy in my shop!  That's a real quick way to lose customers!  All said and done, did they fix it?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 01:28:18 AM »
You GUYS are all F'n NUTS...    Hate to say it buttttttt Come off it BRO! If you had to bring it to them to fix= You have to pay them! No Diss. to ANYONE! I have no more faith in dealers "dealers" than I do in the lottery. As a50-51 year old mechanic I KNOW 1/2 the so called dealers are nothing more than WANNABEES. The other 1/2 are the people that you want to have lifelong relationships w/. If a $100.00 job can cost as much as $400.00 you HAVE to say it could be as much as $500.00 or as little as $60.00. It's your choice to leav it if you want. Anyway I hope your scoot is coool. Have you gotten a service manual?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 05:45:08 AM »
I have not gotten it back yet they called me and told me this information, from what i understand they did the work, but like i said everything was completely apart the 2 hour job they claim they did could not have taken more than 20 minutes, and they told me they were going to work on it for a hour and i believe that if some one agrees to an hour then thats what should be charged.  You dont go to a restaurant with 10 bucks ask for a five dollar meal get served a 20 dollar meal and expect to pay for a twenty dollar meal do you?  No you tell the server you asked for a five dollar meal.  Same concept I asked for an hour of labor they served double and im not paying for double.  On top of that i didnt ask them to fix it i told them to trouble shoot for an hour and tell me whats wrong with it if they have time within the hour to do work then do it, if not tell me what needs to be done and i will do it myself.  If they couldnt figure it out then I would pay them for half hours work and they agreed to that as well.  Hell they would have made out even if they couldnt figure it out.  Im going up there on saturday and picking it up I will let you know the outcome. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 06:04:01 AM by Kimcofan »

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 09:33:27 AM »
This info is not that much related to the thread... I spoke with my mechanic and he told me that Kymco approves/pays him 2 or 2.5 hours to replace engine casing/block in warranty. :) He said that he would like to see that sort of training that would enable one person change it in 2 hours. :) He said it takes at least 5-6 hours of dedicated work.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 11:43:03 AM »
...that's why i pound my own nails.....

..except for changing tires...

..gotta guy that does that for 10 bucks for the front and 20 bucks for th' rear...

..if a verbal contract was made, then both parties are bound to it..by law in certain states...if you can prove it...

peace

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 02:23:57 PM »
on top of that the scoot was apart plastics were off, motor exposed there was nothing but 4 bolts stopping someone from valve adjustment and timing scoot.  If it took two hours to take out four bolts and move the timing chain then im willy wonka. 

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 12:16:55 AM »
Got that right about honest It took me 4 monthes to get scoot back from kymco.Now that I have it back the clutch bold came lose and the clutch almost came threw the cover not good work done When I called theam to Bitch they closed up shope and now a older motorcycle shope took over. becarefull out there,

Rocklets

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 08:30:33 AM »
Just want to say that I had problems with my Valves and the timing. The scot worked terrible, could´nt get it past 35 km/h (53 km/h ordinary speed). So I guess that they fixed an error normaly occuring on the type of machine.

Though, it shouldet take more than 1h.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 09:15:04 PM »
Another AG/50? Oh Man...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 10:34:36 AM »
Another AG/50? Oh Man...

;D ..he he he..  ;D

..welcome aboard rocklets!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()