Author Topic: 4 rubber push on caps on floor board  (Read 5290 times)

ispud

• View Profile
4 rubber push on caps on floor board
« on: March 10, 2010, 05:51:55 PM »
when my dealer worked on my scooter he pulled these covers off - now they won't stay on.   Apparently they are supposed to fit onto the hex head of the bolt that holds the cover on.  I can not get them to "stick" they just bounce right back off??  Lost one on way home yesterday.  Any ideas?

:)>>

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 4 rubber push on caps on floor board
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 09:17:53 PM »
Ask the dealer to replace them. They knew they were going to fall off. In the meantime, a dab of silicone glue will hold them on, and they will pop right off when you need them to
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 05:29:43 AM »
I guess my question is - why they won't stay on now - there is a flat washer under the bolt head they fit on and it appears to be cupped - like the bolts are too tight - wonder if this is keeping rubber from going on far enough to get snug - maybe I will pull one of tomorrow and see if that lets them stay on.

I found the 2 plastic screws that go in the top of the little black covers that you have to take off to remove small black covers behind fuel pill panel were missing.  Called the dealer and his mechanic told me he had them in his toolbox - couldn't figure out where they went.  Goodness!!  Not sure why he was ripping things apart in this area - his work was in the variator/clutch/belt area.  Perhaps he had a hard time with the bolt that is impossible to get to when you take cover off - the one that stopped me in my tracks when I attemped to look in there - but he had told me he got it off with a special little socket he has - I hate mixed stories.

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 05:50:32 PM »
He removed the plug covers to be able to remove the rear plastics. 

Whenever I work on the back of the scoot, I remove all of the red pieces as a single unit.  It takes all of 5 minutes to remove all of it.  I remove the met-in and seat as one piece, removed the license plate and then all of the red back of the floorboards come off as one big piece.  Very simple. That being said, I didn't know the re were covers... never had them on my scoot. I bought it used and they were not there.

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 10:58:46 PM »
I didn't have to remove the foot resting place covers when I did my valve adjustment, the 2 pieces in front of them and the gas cap cover assy let the front end of the body plastic be loose enough to move it around - I never bother to look for the other screws to take it off - but I might, as not taking it off would probably make things a lot easier.

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 04:41:54 PM »
I wrote Kymco and the answer was not very good - he said "Make the dealer fix it."  I wrote back and asked him to tell me if I had the correct bolts in the floor boards as the rubber caps just bounce right off them - no answer.  Sooooooo...can one of you readers who owns the current edition 250 S - please pop off one of the caps and see what the bolt head looks like and then replace the cap and see if it "sticks"??  Thanks.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:27:15 PM »
Here is the parts diag. for the bolts/caps. http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx   It shows cupped washers that the caps snap onto. If you have flat washers or the bolts are over tightened the caps will have nothing to grab onto. Worst comes to worst Home centers have those washers in the little hardware drawers. I have bought them for cosmetic repairs many times. They are about 8 cents each the caps are 15 cents.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 04:31:43 AM »
what assembly shows them please?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 05:01:31 AM »
http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx    I forgot the part #'s but it's all on the diagram if you click the orange link.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 05:04:17 AM »
I see. The link just goes to the home page. You have to put in the model ect. The parts are shown on the floor pan diagram.

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 05:37:52 PM »
there is no "floor pan" option under people 250 S - I looked at several of the available options yesterday to no avail.  I would love to see this.  My washers are domed - not sure what affect they have on the caps - the caps fit over the bolt head.  With the bolt removed and in my hand I can put a cap on the head and watch it climb right off the head - something is not as it should be.

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »
for the P250

64316    View Sku Supersession
   SKU: 64316-KHE2-900
PLUG FLOOR Must add color code in the end before ordering parts.

for the P250S-- in the Front Cover section

64316        SKU: 64316-LDH1-E00
PLUG FLOOR    4    $1.87

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 02:46:38 AM »
WAY COOL! Thank you...

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 04:10:47 AM »
still the question - what makes them stay on?  And why won't mine?  I was hoping the schematic might give a hint to this, but it just shows a checker!  or is it an oreo?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 06:36:03 PM »
MMMmmm oreo's. Try a dab of silicone glue/sealent.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()