Author Topic: Scoot running!!!!!!  (Read 2328 times)

Kimcofan

• View Profile
Scoot running!!!!!!
« on: March 14, 2010, 01:11:05 AM »
Well I took the valve cover off and GUESS WHAT.......the valve adjuster bolts were not there.  Completely gone and I know they were there when I took it to the shop.  F$*@ING idiots.  So anyways I called the shop of course they denied they didnt put them on, but they gave me some new used bolts more than likely my old bolts.  Well I put them on adjusted the valves and SCOOT WORKED no problems so THANKS to ALL OF YOU for ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Scoot running!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:15:19 AM »
That's awesome!  I guess those guys really are a bunch of goons!  Sounds like the guys at the shop here!  I guess they figured you didn't pay for the extra time to put the nuts back on, so F it!  ;)  Anyways, glad you got it sorted out!  Do update on the results of the new upgrades.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 01:35:09 AM »
So I guess they timed the cam, and ? What a frigin fiasco! Glad to here it's running tho~ post some of the performance as you tune it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 03:53:28 AM »
Freakin idiots is right ! ! !  This is why I just dread ever taking anything into a shop. Even a reputable one.  You're your own best mechanic. 

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 04:32:53 AM »
Im going to need some carb tuning advice.  Is the only jet that im going to have to change is the main, and any other carb advice would be great.  Still have to buy the jets as well so advice would be great

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 05:02:23 AM »
Depending you may have to up the size of the pilot jet as well.  You first want to get it to idle.  If don't have any adjustment via the mix screw you will need to change the pilot jet.  Really the only trick it so do lots of plug chops.  You can do them at any throttle position to check a particular circuit of the carb.  Here's a couple real good links on carb tuning.  It uses the Delorto PHBG as the example, but these priciples will apply to all muti-stage carbs. 

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/How_To_Tune_PHBG_Carburetors
http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/PHBG_tuning_made_easy._%28a_step_by_step_guide%29

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 05:46:06 AM »
Those links seem like they are a necessity for carb adjustments.  I cannot express all of my appreciation to all of the helpful people on this forum.  I cant wait to get all adjustments set and some road behind me.  Shaka, wordslinger and zombie you guys are the bomb.  I hope I can help someone as much as you guys have helped me so thanks! 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 05:48:39 AM »
Aw Shucks Man... It's all good!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 05:50:23 AM »
Im still 1600 posts behind...Ill catch up though!

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 05:56:58 AM »
No Worries man!  I'm just glad it's all finally coming together for you!

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 06:07:11 AM »
After the fine tuning and getting this thing running right the two stroke is next so I will be complaining about a whole new set of problems lol, but that project is after all fine tuning on the gy6.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 07:47:31 AM »
Hope you learned a lesson... Check your nuts first!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 02:31:59 PM »
..that's just friggin' awesome...you were right in that email you sent me...it was the "valves", huh...

...I made a cpl of comments about some "repair" shop before, and got blasted with hate-mail...

(remember all that Shaka?)

..i've read all sorts of horror stories in this forum relating to your same experiences....had a few of my own, in fact..
..and i'm sorry if this ruffles anybodies feathers, but the lies, deceptions and shoddy workmanship are the very reasons my scoot will never set tire into another "repair" shop...I run the maintenance department of a aluminum die casting facility, and if I had a technician that performed the level of work that you just got...they'd be out the door on their ass...

..if I had a good way to change my tires, i'd not even take her in for that..

..take time to learn your scoot, and do your own maintenance...

peace

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 12:41:07 AM »
Ill tell you what I took her for a nice easy ride today, did give it some gas on a couple small straight aways....I still have some ways to go there is no increase in performance at all running like it did before kit though.  Im sure it all has to do with carb tuning and jet size.  We will see after carb work done!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 02:00:49 PM »
JUst cant trust anyone I took my scoot in to kymco took out for a 15 mile ride didnot make it home the bolt that holds the clutch on game off almost when threw the cover. not good

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()