Author Topic: Cracked plastic- HELP!  (Read 5428 times)

joeboy

• View Profile
Re: Cracked plastic- HELP!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 01:14:15 AM »
You can use super glue in the crack to hold it, i think you call it crazy glue, then reinforce it at the back with epoxy.

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »
I have also used super/crazy glue as well...you have to hold it together forever, but when it finally seals it works good, but epoxy is still the best thing to use.  Someone said it you have to be somewhat experienced with epoxy in order to get it right, a few practice trys will get you right.  I have used epoxy for tons of different applications including mounting posts in concrete before...this is awesome I had to put a railing in a concrete pad and had a couple tubes of epoxy in my truck so what i did was put a 12' lag bolt halfway in the 4x4, drilled a hole in the concrete filled the hole w/ EPOXY and dropped the lag into the hole that crap is like steel!
EPOXY is the bomb!!!!

joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 11:03:28 PM »
If you pull some tape over the crack to hold it together drip a tiny bit of crazy glue in the other side. the tape will hold it while its sets. Then just peel the tape off..the trick is to not stick the tape to the panel just stick the crack.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 02:13:29 AM »
Or your self. Super glue is my Nemesis.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 12:30:21 AM »
Or your self. Super glue is my Nemesis.

I couldnt get the top off once so i used my teeth and stuck my lips together, some people thought this was a good thing.. ;)

garibaldi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 05:43:28 AM »
Sprinkle some baking soda over the superglue. Creates an exothermic reaction that helps fuse the plastic. It sets quick and makes a hard bond.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 07:01:15 PM »
I have heard that before, and had forgotten about it. Thanks for the post,as I know it is a good tip.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

chupernachural

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 10:11:21 PM »
just wanna share this, its in taglish but the pics speaks for its self. hope you like it. thank's by the way I'm  from manila,philippines. http://www.motorcyclephilippines.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167586
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:14:45 PM by chupernachural »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 11:38:45 PM »
Very cool chupernachural, I have tried to stitch weld plastics before, and I must admit my results were NOTHING like yours. Cheers man!

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 12:25:36 AM »
Nice work!!! :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()