Author Topic: Jets and rollers  (Read 3129 times)

Kimcofan

• View Profile
Jets and rollers
« on: March 17, 2010, 05:56:42 AM »
I am about to buy some jets and rollers I am getting a 95 main and a 105 main, also going to get some leo vince 4.3 g rollers.  I was wondering if I needed replace any other carb ports as well?  I have not changed my variator, clutch spring, exhaust, or air intake yet.  While I know you all will suggest these mods I am too poor to do everything at once and have pretty much spent a chunk on the mods I have already done. I am pretty excited about getting some proper speed to this thing.  I also still think my valves need some more adjustments b/c I started hearing faint tapping not real bad but very faint.  So when I get my jets in and start with the carb I will try to get these touchy valves set!

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Jets and rollers
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:07:33 AM »
You may to go heavier on the rollers if you're only going with the big bore right now.  Not sure right now, sleepy!  I'll get back to you on that one.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 10:46:36 AM »
You may to go heavier on the rollers if you're only going with the big bore right now.  Not sure right now, sleepy!  I'll get back to you on that one.

..yeah, i run 4.7 with a stock engine...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 12:22:14 PM »
I think my stock rollers are 6 or 6.5, the kit came with rollers not sure what weight tho they are in my scoot now im not too impressed.  Does anyone have suggestions on what weight I should use with the 72cc big bore kit?  Im figuring a 105 jet will work well, if someone is running a 105 jet let me know how that worked out for them too!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »
...i'm pretty sure that stock rollers are 6 gram..

...i would definately think the 4.3s will bee too light...maybe even too light for a stock 50cc...

..if you have the stock carb, the main jet will probably get you by...there are no needle adjustment notches on my carb, so I modified the nylon holder, and put a washer beneath the needle, raising it .025"...you can probably work out the idle mixture with the screw on the side of your carb...

..if you believe the valves are "tapping", i would stop where you are...you need to verify that they are set right before you go any further...You'ld not want to damage them....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:17:56 PM by wordslinger »

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 01:44:22 PM »
...i'm pretty sure that stock rollers are 6 gram..

..if you have the stock carb, the main jet will probably get you by...there are no needle adjustment notches on my carb, so I modified the nylon holder, and put a washer beneath the needle, raising it .025"...you can probably work out the idle mixture with the screw on the side of your carb...

..if you believe the valves are "tapping", i would stop where you are...you need to verify that they are set right before you go any further...You'ld not want to damage them....

So you think I wll have to raise the carb needle?  I cant just work out the mixture with the screw?  I definatly do not want to damage my valves I will work on that asap.  As for the rollers I think I might stick with my 6g rollers until I have carb adjusted and jet size correct.  I will go with the 105 main and see how that works out!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 02:38:24 PM »
...well, the screw is mainly for idle, and just off idle mixture..you may not have to raise your needle...

..only plug chops, and close observation of how your scoot reacts to throttle twist will tell...

..what size jet are you running now??

..don't run too lean!!!!..you could burn a hole in your piston!!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 02:41:58 PM by wordslinger »

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 03:36:26 PM »
I think i have a 86 jet in it right now.  When I bought the scoot it came with an extra jet but the one it came with was smaller than the one that was in it so I left it alone.  I am going to order a 95 and a 105, I will try the 105 first.  Also what the hell do you mean by plug chops?

customx22

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 06:43:38 PM »
what kind of air filter are you gonna run with the 70cc bbk.i use a uni with and 82cc bbk and my jets are 107.5 and i raise my needle with a washer.if your running K&N filter you might need to go larger

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 09:44:33 PM »
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:GWxVkWUBzb4J:www.paradrenalin.com/Spark%2520Plug%2520Color%2520Chart.pdf+spark+plug+color+chart&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESij0N5FFPocWiwf4VDFupy6mWSfW6Y9XR0I_Ymp64WOx9D72jUqD0kdOAEnh0fH7FRyozRn6oa_BFhYYouLdpfkta1EnqOVruCfhs02ooOG3qCxPLQkfktjuf4Q_pCJn7iBOWun&sig=AHIEtbQIrrHzVlFaomFOfOEef_UncivxVg    This page has the effects of running cylinder temps on the spark plug. "Chops" describes reading your color to adjust your air fuel ratio. Too lean is too hot, and things melt. too rich is too cold, and things foul. There are three "chops you will want to do. 1 for wide open thrott. 1 for mid range, and 1 for long de-accel. They are all important as you have jets/needle/to adjust each one. If you can only nail 2 out of three then a different heat range on the plug may be in order.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 06:21:48 AM »
Thanks for all the imput still trying to figure it all out!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 06:34:20 PM »
It makes sense as you see it happening. The 105 jet may be too rich but better safe than sorry. I would think the 95 will work for 50cc's and the 105 for the bbk
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 11:14:34 PM »
Yeah i am going with the 105, how important is the airfilter going to be as far as performance at this time???  I have so many things I would like to do and too tight of a budget.  I would like to get a tighter spring for my clutch and also eventually get a new variatior and belt....but like I said tight budget.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 12:54:54 AM »
With the 105 jet installed an open type filter will only help. Just swap out the box as you can.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 03:23:51 PM »
....K&N RC-2290 air filter ($40.00) ...fits Agility 50 4t..

..can get it shipped from the K&N website...and they have the dimensions listed there in case you want to try to find a cheaper brand..

peace

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()