Author Topic: new  (Read 1580 times)

stuh7

• View Profile
new
« on: March 19, 2010, 08:59:28 AM »
hi there people am new here and get my new agility 50 on monday! having it de-restricted and rejetted at the dealer and also having a big top box fitted.
whats the most milage people have on these as i'm planning on going to portugal next year (4000miles) for a charity ride.
I am aiming for 12-14000 miles a year as i like travelling is this do-able i will only be using good oil and were ever possible 97/98 octane fuel.
i am going to document the rides on www.thelongwaythere.co.uk and www.advrider.com.
cheers for any input.
regards stuart
I may be small but look how far i will go!!!

Dark13

• View Profile
Re: new
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 12:38:30 PM »
i think that's more than possible i have an 09 that i bought last may and im sitting at 7,000 miles and haven't had any trouble aside from the valve getting off adjustment
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:40:50 PM by Dark13 »
proud owner of a 2009 kymco agility 50

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 10:59:42 PM »
o ya I think you should be all good.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 02:57:50 AM »
WORDSLINGER!!!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

stuh7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 07:43:50 AM »
whats with the wordslinger? and is this the same zombie as scooter invasion? if so read some of your posts and must say very Knowledgeable.
So whats the most miles people have got out of these little motors?
I may be small but look how far i will go!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 06:30:19 PM »
What's up stuh7? Same zombie Bro. Thanks for the compliment... Slinger uses the computer at work most of the time. I figured he'd have some good input for you. Seems to me that the only shortcoming on the Ag. is the constant valve adjustments. I believe wordslinger does his at 4000 km. That's not too often compared to the miles he puts on tho. I think he is around 35'000 km total. If I was in your position... I believe you chose the right scoot. The 4t engine is alot more comfortable to run, and I believe it will out last its 2t counterparts. Defiantly gonna keep a look out for your posts, and blogs. Oh hey! there are some simple mods that will increase the power, and ridability of your scoot. The basics you have under control already. There is a full flow air filter that will help w/ the rejet, and lighter rollers in the variator along w/ stiffer clutch springs will give you a little more zip when dealing w/ hills.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 08:09:35 PM »
...valve adjustments and frequent oil changing, are the keys to longevity...

..as far as the interval between adjustments...i'm not sure that I really base it on miles...

..i've grown to judge by the way it performs, when i believe it's needing an adjustment...but it is waay more frequent than the service manual suggests...annd, every time i've check them, they did need adjusting...

..i bought my A50 new in Deceber of 07...damn close to 44,000 km right now, and she performs the best now that she ever has...

..looking forward to yur blogs!!!

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()