Author Topic: stock scoot top speed  (Read 7863 times)

sticlistul

• Sex, Scoot and Rock 'n' Roll
    • View Profile
Re: stock scoot top speed
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 08:09:18 AM »
I've been to the machanic this morning ... he want a lot of money for nothing 21 $ for crankcase oil change =))) + labor =)) , gear oil change 16.5$ +labor =))) , Rear brake shoes 26.5 $ ,valve adjusting 16.5 $ , carb adjusting ( Thats what i don't know to do  and I possible go to them for adjusting) 9.85 $  ... and it's posible to have surprise with transmision or variator I  don't know exactly but it's there a strange noise . Thats a hell lot of money in my country ...where the salary is average 300$ .

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2010, 10:42:34 AM »
I've been to the machanic this morning ... he want a lot of money for nothing 21 $ for crankcase oil change =))) + labor =)) , gear oil change 16.5$ +labor =))) , Rear brake shoes 26.5 $ ,valve adjusting 16.5 $ , carb adjusting ( Thats what i don't know to do  and I possible go to them for adjusting) 9.85 $  ... and it's posible to have surprise with transmision or variator I  don't know exactly but it's there a strange noise . Thats a hell lot of money in my country ...where the salary is average 300$ .

.dang, you didnt leave it there did you???
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2010, 12:49:28 PM »
Of corse not :)) ,I'm not crazy :)) .today i've tryed to remove the variator to look at rollers ...but I didn't manage to unscrew the nut .i've tryed for 2 hours but he don't give up :)) i will try to weld a tool and stop the gear spining .

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »
..breaking that nut loose for the first time is a real bitch-kitty...

..you're on your way to many fun filled days of scooter maintenance!!

peace

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2010, 01:30:24 PM »
could you get me some picture with the needles from where you adjust the carb ? or I should go with carb to service tu adjust there ?
from what i hear from the mechanic air it's at maximum but i don't know what thats means

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2010, 01:06:26 AM »
Sounds like somebody is making more than their share of the average income!!!  He is probably referring to the mix screw.  It may be letting the maximum amount of air into the mix.  I doubt a mechanic would mess with trying to raise the needle as I think on your carb it is more of a custom job.  You may just need to adjust the mix screw in a bit.  Usually about 2 turns out from all the way in is about right.  You are looking for a nice responsive 0 - 1/4 quick throttle snap.  Adjust the screw about 1/8 - 1/4 turn at a time from 2 full turns out to get is set right.  Don't set it more than about 1 turn from full in or you may run the risk of running too lean.  The ideal is probably somewhere between 1 1/2 - 3 turns from full in.

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2010, 04:23:05 PM »
ok , but I need to see a picture with that mix screw to be sure I am looking where it should. the only adjusting screw that i know it's the pilot screw ,for idle adjusting from what i understand...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2010, 04:28:01 PM »
...do you have the A50 service manual???

..look in section 5 pages 6-12...

..pilot screw is for adjusting the idle mixture...

..throttle stop screw adjust's idle speed...

..your needle is probably just fine...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:30:42 PM by wordslinger »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()