Author Topic: stock scoot top speed  (Read 7860 times)

sticlistul

• Sex, Scoot and Rock 'n' Roll
    • View Profile
stock scoot top speed
« on: March 23, 2010, 07:29:35 AM »
Hello , in first place i will apologize for my english .I am the owner of an agility 50 2007 ,it was derestrict and in first years it seems to be prety fast ,now it don't exceed 55 km \h on flat roud and 60 km\h in slope . The scooter is stock i didn't change anything outside of motor oil and air filter .I have done with scoot 14000 km .I want to know from you guys what is (or was ) your top speed with the stock scoot and tell me if i should go with him to review service or you could tell me what to check on him (i've downloaded from here the service manual ) . thanks and i'm waiting for your opinion

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: stock scoot top speed
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:42:21 AM »
I would suggest rollers, belt, and valve adjustment. The rollers do wear as a normal part of their service life. As they reduce in diameter the scoot will loose top end speed. Same thing goes for the belt. The valves are meant to be adjusted at regular intervals. the manual will have the info. on that. Post anything you need to know as there is a swarm of AG/50 owners here to help. Most of the European marketed AG/50's have limiters that will only allow them to run at 56kph. How fast was yours when it was new?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:51:14 AM »
Thanx for reply .Lets say i will be able to change rollers and belt but at valve adjustement ...it looks complicated and I don't know what it means the 0.04 ,How i know when i have 0.04 at in and ex . Funny is that i don't remember how fast it was when it was new ,but i'm sure that he passed 65 -70 km\h.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 12:07:27 PM »
Thanx for reply .Lets say i will be able to change rollers and belt but at valve adjustement ...it looks complicated and I don't know what it means the 0.04 ,How i know when i have 0.04 at in and ex . Funny is that i don't remember how fast it was when it was new ,but i'm sure that he passed 65 -70 km\h.

..when you change the rollers, look at the "boss" of the variator...it should be smooth, with no "washer"..if not smooth, then you should either purchase a unrestricted boss, or have it machined smooth...I would suggest around 5 gram rollers if you do change them, and they probably are worn out...i run 4.7 gr. in my '08...

..65-70 kmh is about normal for a stock A50..

..valve adjustment is not as hard as it seems...  .04mm is the clearance..

..there are a couple of links th the Agility service manual in this forum, and it is a MUST HAVE manual...

...welcome to the forum!!..

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »
Thanks wordslinger 5 gr it will be than .
an other thing , on flat road when reached 55 -56 km \ h i still have 2 or 4 mm to handle and hear the engine rpm increasing but the speed remains on 55-56, just when i go down a slope barely catch 60 ...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 12:49:30 PM »
..there's also the cdi to think about...if you could post a pic of your cdi, we might could determine whether you can notch it to eliminate the electronic rev limiting feature it has...

...i'd definately say you need new rollers though...

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »
CDI it is derestrict . my uncle change it ,i don't know if that boss it is derestrict  but i will see .

About the belt ,two days ago i've open the  transmission cover to grease the foot pedal and the belt seemed too tense, that's how should it be?

I saw you have Leo Vince 4.7 gr rolles ,it will be good for my stock scoot?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:15:46 PM by sticlistul »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 01:22:16 PM »
..the belt shouldn't be extremely tight...you can squeeze the outter clutch pulley, and loosen it, but i don't know how tight you mean...

..if it's too small, that would restrict your top speed...and i'm not sure how it would affect performance overall...

..i like the 4.7gr in my setup...a lot quicker off the line...they'd probably work well for you too...

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 03:20:06 PM »
I don't think it's to small beacouse it's the original one but i don't know it seems to be to tight, when i find a foto cam i wil take a picture or a video to see ,i've beraly move 2 mm up or down .

I've readed here on forum about iridium spark plug ,it works on stock scoot with no problem ?

Other question if you guys don't mind , wordslinger from what i read on forum you changed air filter and for what I understand you have to change the main jet to ... the question is with how much increasd gasoline consumption ?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 03:38:59 PM »
...ok on the pic...

...iridium will work fine...not sure which one you'ld need tho...

..anytime you go to a high-flow air filter or exhaust, you must tune your carburetor...

..when i bought my scoot, it was getting about 95 mpg....now with all my mods, it's probably more like 50...maybe less...haven't checked it really...

...i'm more concerned about mph than mpg...lol..

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 03:56:27 PM »
f%^k 6l/100km thats a lot ,i prefer to remain with stock air filter :)).

I will attach 2 picture (I think they are from you ,wordslinger) ,I want to know if you can show me where are those 0.04 mm on valve and if someone could explaine me in detail (i'ved looked on manual but i didn't understand from there), tomorow i will check the valves .

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 04:29:06 PM »
...indicated in these pics are where to adjust and check...

..must have the timing gear at "Top-Dead_Center" which is explained in the manual...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 04:31:12 PM »
Quote from hoolander2

Probably the two biggest mistakes one can make in adjusting valves are:

1. Not letting the motor cool completely before adjusting. This results in a false reading of the gap.

2. Adjusting the gap too small -- this can happen 2 ways.  One can mis-judge the feeling of the feeler guage.  Or, one gets the gap correct, but then when the lock nut is tightened, the gap changes.  Therefore, it is always reccomended to re-check gap after tightening the lock nut.

If the gap is set too small the valves will "burn" or bend.  They need to be in contact with their seats for a certain amount of time during the cycle in order to transfer heat to the head.  If they don't, they stay too hot.  Damage can be done instantly!

Too tight can also damage cam, rocker arm, valve, and more, by putting too much pressure on the entire mechanism.  

Oh, and by the way, too large of a gap is not so serious.  It may only result in a slight loss of power.  If it's way too large, this is when tapping or valve "ringing" is heard.  Not terribly serious, but over time can lead to some damage. 

It's always better to have an error too large than too small.   

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 04:36:34 PM »
Thanks man, now I understand, you guys are a treasure.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »
...dude, we're all learning as we go...hang out here...there's a lot of good ppl that know an aweful lot about scooters...

..we have some pretty good fun sometimes too!!

peace

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()