Author Topic: tires for s9  (Read 1708 times)

bigtyme

• View Profile
tires for s9
« on: March 26, 2010, 01:53:14 AM »
hey there newbie to the s9 world - just picked up a 2003 s9 - needing tires now - what tires would you recomend for my s9

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: tires for s9
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 01:56:07 AM »
Avon Viper Stryke's   http://www.bikebandit.com/avon-scooter-tires/c/a642336a623809a4  The third set on my superfever, and the best yet.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bigtyme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 05:06:31 PM »
thanks for the website and the reply

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 08:26:53 PM »
No troubles. I wasn't clear on the third set deal. The first set was to replace the stock Chen Shin. They were round but did not last or corner, and in the rain they were worse than riding on flats. The second were Kenda K 413's. I liked them at first but they both developed an out of round bounce after just a few hundred miles. The Avons are the best tire I have ever had on a scoot/bike. 12" wheels get a little hairy over 50 mph, but these tires do instill confidence. Good luck Bigtyme!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bigtyme

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 01:07:19 AM »
got tires put on the s9 today - what a difference it made - she rides soooooooooooo much better -

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 01:22:16 AM »
One of the best improvements I have done! Glad you agree! What did you run before them?

bigtyme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 02:11:56 AM »
vector - they where horrible -

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 04:13:59 AM »
Welcome to the grown up table bigtyme!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()