Author Topic: ..jet soldering..  (Read 916 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
..jet soldering..
« on: March 29, 2010, 07:31:15 PM »
..that crap really works!!!

..THANX ZOMBIE!!.. I'll never buy another jet..you can custom-make your own size..

..first attempt, i knocked the jet off the burner..it fell into the tray below the burner, spilling molten solder and rolling the jet's threads all in that...well that was a lot of fun, and i couldn't scrape the solder off the threads, so i heated it again...(heat process goes really fast)..and threaded it into the holder while it was still hot...okay, that worked...

..second attempt..couldn't keep the stainless wire i was using straight...wanted a straight hole...said screw the wire, and just filled, cooled and drilled...

..so, now with the blown air induction, and catalytic converter outta my muffler, along with about 1/4 of the baffle, i'm at a 1.04mm diameter main jet...

..updates and pics to come...

peace
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:30:48 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: ..jet soldering..
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:30:56 PM »
You've been a busy fella! I see 55 on the flat w/ a little left over...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:41:56 PM »
You've been a busy fella! I see 55 on the flat w/ a little left over...

..boy, don't i wish...lol..

..i think i'm going to have to open my slow jet...can't get rid of the lean idle condition...I think i've run the screw so far out that it ceased to make a difference...

..i tried to correct it by increasing the main, raising the needle, and i'm over 4 turns on my idle screw...and now, i'm a bit rich at WOT, which i don't like very much...takes away from my top end speed...

..i ran the fastest sustained speeds ever on the way home from work yesterday...then i did the overjetting...was a bit sluggish at WOT this morning....shouilda left the main alone...i was happy with it....

..so, it's back to the burner today!!!!

..Luckily, I have my newly assembled jet mod kit!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 01:23:37 AM »
You NEVER cease to amaze me Bro! Opening the pilot will help on accell. and de-accell. there  is not enough vacuum to get fuel thru the main w/ the throttle closed. I am waaaaayyy rich on the pilot, and it keeps things cool when the throttle is closed. I just hit it harder coming out of the bendies!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()