Author Topic: Scooter dies when accelerating...  (Read 13580 times)

Rick0o07

• View Profile
Scooter dies when accelerating...
« on: March 30, 2010, 05:13:04 AM »
hello every1..

Well im trying to see if someone could help me.. Im a 1st time scooter buyer ..been in to cars my whole life..
Just last night i rode my scooter..it was fine for about 30mins of riding..

It starts fine, it  revs fine for the 1st 30 secs from being started.. but then i get on to ride it and accelerate it, it feels like dieing  off.. doesn't really shut off but the rpm gets very low and when i let go it sounds and feels normal till i accelerate again.. 

If anyone could help me that would be great..

Kimcofan

• View Profile
Re: Scooter dies when accelerating...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 05:26:33 AM »
Im guessing its an agility 50....is it a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?  Did you just get it with this problem or is this something that started happening?  What has been modified on the scooter?  Have you checked you valves?  I had a similar problem and it was due to valve adjustments but if its a two stroke it doesnt have valves.

Rick0o07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:34:15 AM »
yes its a agility 50.. 2007..4 stoke.. got it on an  insurance auction.. it wasn't like that when i got it.. ive drove  about 200miles since i got it... it just happen for the 1st time..i thought it was gasoline but filled it up and no change..

i know on most cars it would be a vacuum hose ..but because its my 1st scooter i have no idea..

Rick0o07

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 05:35:44 AM »
oh no mods at all .. well not yet..  ;D

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:40:11 AM »
Is it smoking?  Have you checked your belt?  So far the only thing I can think of is readjusting valves.  have you changed your oil since you got it?

Rick0o07

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 05:44:00 AM »
no smoke..oil was changed 50miles ago..belt looked fine 50miles ago...

also.. i do have the stock air box..  the 1st hose to the carb is connected to the airbox.. now the only thing i did was took the 2nd hose from the airbox  off...but shouldn't make any diff.

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 05:47:19 AM »
Here is a link to the service manual.  http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/35828/Kymco_Agility%2050.html  It is 18 parts or something like that you have to click on each number to download each part save it to you computer it is very helpful with everything.  I used this manual to rebuild my motor and it is definatly a life saver.  I also know you should wait to hear more imput on this forum there are a lot of people that know a lot of things about these machines.  some routine maintenance on the scoot would be adjusting your valves every few months or so, like i said i had a similar problem where the scoot would run but go nowhere and it was a valve problem.  Check your belt and rollers as well worn rollers will effect performance and a damaged belt may as well.  

It shouldnt make that big of a difference but you may as well undo what you did to see if it made a difference.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:49:29 AM by Kimcofan »

Rick0o07

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 05:50:00 AM »
yeaa i was also looking at the rollers.. i might be needing to change them. and sugesten on the size and or weight i should get?

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 05:51:19 AM »
What are you looking for with your scoot more acceleration and a lower top speed or higher top speed and slower accleration?
Wordslinger runs 4.7 g rollers and swears they are just about perfect. I hope I have been helpful check the post in the AM, time to saw some lumber....zzzzz 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:56:17 AM by Kimcofan »

Rick0o07

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 05:57:00 AM »
i would really like both.. because were i live i need to move faster before i get hit by fast moving cars..

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 05:58:21 AM »
I have been running 6g the whole time iv had my scoot, but with a stock scoot 4.7g rollers seem to be whats up.

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 12:54:50 PM »
Oh yeah welcome to the forum!!!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 05:53:27 PM »
hello every1..

Well im trying to see if someone could help me.. Im a 1st time scooter buyer ..been in to cars my whole life..
Just last night i rode my scooter..it was fine for about 30mins of riding..

It starts fine, it  revs fine for the 1st 30 secs from being started.. but then i get on to ride it and accelerate it, it feels like dieing  off.. doesn't really shut off but the rpm gets very low and when i let go it sounds and feels normal till i accelerate again.. 

If anyone could help me that would be great..

..hi rickO..andwelcome to the forum!!

..do you know, did your scoot sit for a long while before you bought it?..it could be that you'r carb has picked up some trash...may need to dis-assemble it for a thorough cleaning...i've had that happen to me, when i used some fuel out of a can...sometimes you can grab hold of the carb, and give it a few vigorous shakes, an that will temporarily dislodge the trash...also, if it's just during thrrottle twist that the bogging occurs, the carb's accelerator pump may be leaking by it's diaphram...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Rick0o07

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 06:17:26 PM »
im guessing it was sitting but was working fine when i got it.. rode it for 200miles with no problem.. also i did clean the carb when i bought it..

Gravzy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 06:18:28 PM »
I had this same problem I bought mine on the cheap because of this problem all I did was just put a lot of heat proof silicon on the Carburettor Diaphragm and that was it problem fixed :-) wants replacing sooner or later though. hope this helps

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()