Author Topic: I HAVE MY 105 jet and by thursday I will have my K&N air filter  (Read 7125 times)

Kimcofan

• View Profile
Re: I HAVE MY 105 jet and by thursday I will have my K&N air filter
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 04:29:51 AM »
I have problems waiting to get things done but its defiantly worth it when the final product is a finely tuned machine

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 04:33:35 AM »
I am on 5 weeks + waiting for a rear shock. Sometimes you just gotta wait...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 06:24:27 AM »
Yep, Kymco teach patience.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 10:33:13 AM »
I just swapped my secondary gears in my ZX50 about 3 wks ago.  It was a pretty easy swap besides having to take the "intermediate gear" to the auto shop down the street to have the new cog pressed.  It has taken some cvt tuning to get my low end back, but I've got it back about where it was before now but with an easy 6 -10 mph gain on the top!  I've almost had it up to 60 mph the other day drafting some cars.  I'm certain I could have made it, but the cars always slow down before I get there!  I've got pics of the whole installation process, just haven't had the time to do a write up to go along with them.

.....i know right!!!...just when you think your're gettin there, some asshole decides to turn left....

..there's a link in the "For Sale" for final drive gear upgrades for 72cc kitters...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

customx22

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 03:25:09 AM »
hey shaka what size gears  did you have. i live in hawaii and we mod honda dio and sym dd50 and make them go 70-80mph.i current have a sym dd50 with 7.4 gear, 28mm oko carb, 72cc polini corsa race,upgraded trans and V8 pipe.ive been hitting about 65 mph so fars still breaking in.man if you want the best 72cc go with the polini corsa.call Quick Fix if you need and parts frank 8085930007.he has everything you need to make your jug motor scream

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 03:42:42 AM »
Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely keep that in mind for when I'm ready to do another jug.  I hear Hawaii is the place to be for modding scoots!  I'm currently running an 8.62:1 final ratio.  Stock it was 10.65:1.  I swapped the secondary gear to a 15/42 from the stock 13/45.  I had a hell of a time finding a gear set for my ZX!  It is my understanding that the Sym and Dio use different gears.  On a positive note, I hit a new top speed today of about 58 mph indicated!  The needle was fully clear of the 90 kmh mark!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 04:20:31 AM »
G'Day Shaka, you said your speedo went past the 90 kmh mark? mine only goes to 80, though two days ago on a slight downhill run I had it go past the fuel gauge and pointing to the handle of the oil can, though I think my calibration is way off.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 04:24:01 AM »
Interesting!  Mine goes up to 100 kmh but the last marked dash is 90.  It also has 60 mph labeled on the small numbers on the inside.  My calibration seems to be fairly accurate.  I think the larger tires made up for at least some of the inaccuracy.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 04:32:36 AM »
Yeah, mine goes to 80kmh~50mph, there is plenty of room for more, just no more marks. Does yours by chance have a high beam indicator light? My front tyre is a 110/70~12 which would explain some of the inaccuracy.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 05:15:32 AM »
No high beam.  That was the same tire I had stock.  I put on the Avon Viper Stryke's in 120/70-12 and 130/70-12.  If you haven't done new tires yet, they are one of the best upgrades you can do!  Especially with the newly added speed!  ;)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 05:40:53 AM »
I am not able to get avon viper stryke so I went with a Continenta conti~twist, still $75 not fitted, will do the front when I get some more $$$, hopefully next week. (sorry about the threadjack).

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 07:09:43 PM »
Sid, Shaka's got a gear kit in his also. I think he gained 5-8mph just on that...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

customx22

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 10:00:52 PM »
yes your right the final ratio is different for sym and dio but your zx might be different too.what size rollers weights you running??

customx22

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 11:50:08 PM »
shaka your gonna need a temperture guage soon.400 deg your engine toasted.westach is the on you need item # 2C1 and probe 712-4WK J wire CHT 14mm under spark plug,need to take off spark plug washer to. cost like $80.youll need this. westach.com

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 12:13:05 AM »
yes your right the final ratio is different for sym and dio but your zx might be different too.what size rollers weights you running??
shaka your gonna need a temperture guage soon.400 deg your engine toasted.westach is the on you need item # 2C1 and probe 712-4WK J wire CHT 14mm under spark plug,need to take off spark plug washer to. cost like $80.youll need this. westach.com

I know the Dio gears are different than my ZX, not sure on the Sym.  It was difficult to find a set that anyone was willing to confirm fit for me!  I'm currently running 8.5g Dr. Pulley sliders.  I'm still working on getting the cvt re-dialed.  It's really close!  I may ideally need to go .5g or less lighter on the sliders and one step stiffer on the clutch springs.  I've already lightened the sliders by .5g and gone one step stiffer on the clutch springs with a new clutch.  My next project is getting the jug re-set and new piston rings.  I never quite got the jug height right on initial install due to detonation and clearance issues so I think my port durations may be too low and my squish too big.  As for a temp gauge, I'm pretty sure I would have burned it up by now if it was going to so I'd rather save the $80 for something else, like a tach! ;)  Thanks for the tips though!  It's nice to get some informative input!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()