Author Topic: I HAVE MY 105 jet and by thursday I will have my K&N air filter  (Read 7121 times)

Kimcofan

• View Profile
So looks like its time for some carb tuning.  I feel pretty confident after all the excellent feedback from everyone.  I hope this goes more smoothly than everything else I have modified.  Anywho my main question now is what kind of performance am I looking at with the 72 kit, the rejetted carb, cut cdi, unrestricted variator, 6g rollers, and a brand spanking new shiny K&N?

Im starting to feel like a new man, but I still have a few more projects ahead of me.

sticlistul

• Sex, Scoot and Rock 'n' Roll
    • View Profile
Re: I HAVE MY 105 jet and by thursday I will have my K&N air filter
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:59:58 PM »
after you done all the tuning let me know what fuel consumption you will have and of course speed :D

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 10:32:21 PM »
I will It should all be finished up hopefully this weekend, I am very very excited about keeping up with the 4 wheeled vehicles.  I am tired of getting run over.  I still have my transmission mods to do but that is for a later time.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 02:58:02 AM »
I would have to say 50ish is the standard. The extra cc's will get you there quicker tho!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 06:17:24 AM »
I was hoping for 55-60 I would like at least 55 but 60 for a real nice cushion I was hoping I could cruse at 50 and have that 5-10mphs for just in case.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 09:48:23 AM »
It's still a 4t. They just don't run as strong at higher rpm's
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 01:58:49 PM »
wordslinger has a 4t and he buries his speed odometer looks like he gets 55 or so and he didnt even put the bbk on his scoot why is that?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 03:25:26 PM »
...she'll do like 45-47 on the flats...i'm not sure what my top speed is downhill just yet...

..and i do believe that my A50 is of a different build than some othrs..

..my scoot was made in KYMCO's Changzhou facility...they do something different with the piston and rings at that plant...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 03:35:38 PM »
Well I guess I will have to deal with the 50mph which will be fine, I came across a honda scoot a few weeks ago that blew me out, looking forward to some speed.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 06:07:54 PM »
..i havn't been busted by very many...

..the thing with the 4ts is that it takes a lil longer to get to top speed..and with the 49.5cc, even with all my mods, i'm still at the mercy of the big hills and a good headwind...

..once i get to "top speed", i can sustain much better with the mods i've done...and a lil bit of drafting goes a llonnng way now...

..can you say "Drag Reduction"...that is the key...

..i live @ 16.5 miles from work, and i made it home a cpl day ago in under 24 minutes...1/4 of that run is in the city...but again, i had a good tail-wind, and was in a swift moving line of traffic most of the way...

..i've contemplated a 70 kit, but now i'm not so sure...I like my engine pretty good....
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:19:36 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 09:34:50 PM »
Kymcofan, You're also limited by the gearing in your final reduction.  A bbk doesn't necessarily increase how fast the engine can rev!  You can only spin the clutch so fast!  To really get the benefit of the additional torque of a bbk you have to change the reduction gears to allow you to go faster.  Otherwise, the bbk will just get you to your top speed faster!

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 11:55:26 PM »
So what is the process of changing the gears...I pretty much only want 55-60mph or so.  I was hoping that would be possible with some carbtuning and minor trans work ie molassi variator and new clutch spring.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 02:46:30 AM »
I just swapped my secondary gears in my ZX50 about 3 wks ago.  It was a pretty easy swap besides having to take the "intermediate gear" to the auto shop down the street to have the new cog pressed.  It has taken some cvt tuning to get my low end back, but I've got it back about where it was before now but with an easy 6 -10 mph gain on the top!  I've almost had it up to 60 mph the other day drafting some cars.  I'm certain I could have made it, but the cars always slow down before I get there!  I've got pics of the whole installation process, just haven't had the time to do a write up to go along with them.

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 03:17:45 AM »
when you get a chance post a new thread with the pics it might be my next move.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 04:17:59 AM »
I definitely will!  It really is the next logical step once you get everything else dialed in and working the way it should!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()