Poll

what's a good set up?

valve adjustment for 80cc bbk
0 (0%)
which rollers to use,5.5 or 7.0 for hills and flats
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: average 15 miles  (Read 2086 times)

tundra

• View Profile
average 15 miles
« on: April 01, 2010, 12:54:50 AM »
new to the moped world,just getting into modifying my ride.put in a 80cc bbk
,also did the needle raise with the tiny washer,and remove and replaced the fuel
lines with better ones.question is? what should my valves be adjusted to and would rollers help
with hills,acceleration if and how much grams should it be.trying to keep yhe outside looking as stock as possible,unless I REALLY HAVE TO GET A PIPE.

Calothrix

• View Profile
Re: average 15 miles
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 01:09:17 AM »
Moped???  Scoot baby, scoot!  Welcome to the sight!

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 01:15:41 AM »
With an 80cc kit I would be surprised if you can every get it running right with the stock carb and exhaust!  I don't think there is any way to get enough fuel/air into the motor through the stock intake and carb.  Have you done a plug chop?  I would think that the valves should be adjusted to factory spec with I believe is .04mm.  The cvt will also need to be tuned to match the new motor.  On a big bore upgrade you may need to go with heavier rollers, it's really trial and error though.  Have you had it running yet?  If you just want better acceleration you would want lighter rollers and/or a stiffer contra spring.  I think the stock rollers are 6g but I hear that 4.7g works well for stock Agility's.  I would suggest you try the stock ones first and tune from there.

Ps. Welcome!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 01:42:48 AM »
G'Day Tundra, I have just put an 82cc kit on my ZX50 2t, I very nearly destroyed it by trying to use the stock carb. and exhaust. It is worth looking at upgrading those as well.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 03:37:05 AM »
thank you for all the replies!!!!!!! I got it now...SCOOT! not moped.
Iwas told at the shop where I bought the scoot,that the 80cc bbk was all I needed to get that boost,
I guess not! cause it was always lacking that umph! ya no. ::) ::)

tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 03:42:40 AM »
I have plans to do plug chops,also did you mean that on the valves .004 intake? is it .003 exaust?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 03:49:12 AM »
Factory spec is 0.04mm intake and exhaust.  I believe Wordslinger runs 0.03mm on the exhaust though.

tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 04:16:50 AM »
hey shaka...... as they would say.....in our native language....much mahalo's!!!!!!

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 06:15:04 AM »
I avoided getting the 80cc bbk due to the possibilities of these problems, still tuning my 72cc kit though just got 105 jet and K&N filter should have those on this weekend and the rest of carb adjustments, let me know what size rollers you try and how it works trans tuning will be my next project.  I would like to get molassi variator  and stiffer clutch spring and my scoot should be as good as it gets minus exhaust which I may skip if I am happy with my speed, I hated the uphill climbs and hope the kit will remedy this also tired of being bullied by traffic.

Dark13

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 11:44:07 AM »
NEVER EVER SET THE VALVES BY STANDARD!!!!

its .04mm intake and exhaust is the same by factory standards

.004in does not equal .04mm a mm is .0393700787 inches the begin with
proud owner of a 2009 kymco agility 50

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 04:33:36 PM »
..  .04 millimeter is what the valves should be set at..

..i've went back to .04 on my exhaust after reading hoolanders post about valve cooling.....

...it's amazing that such small increments would make a difference, but they do...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 12:19:34 AM »
kymcofan...I hear you on the hills & being bullied in road or in traffic,I'm planning
to try 7gram rollers along with the rest of the things, minus the pipe if I'm happy with the speed as well. Dark 13, and slinger.........mahalo's for the correction on valve clearence,.04 not .004
I will try it on both intake and exaust, and see what it does for me. ;D

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 03:24:22 AM »
Im gonna try out my stock 6g rollers and see what happens, I got my k&n air filter today and my jet last week, this weekend I am going to do carb mods raise needle jet and filter it up then I am ready to hit the road and looking forward to increased performance!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:55:53 AM by Kimcofan »

customx22

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »
Im gonna try out my stock 6g rollers and see what happens, I got my k&n air filter today and my jet last week, this weekend I am going to do carb mods raise needle jet and filter it up then I am ready to hit the road and looking forward to increased performance!

hey kymcofan use 5gram weights with stock spring or 1000rpm toque spring and 2000rpm clutch

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 09:35:09 PM »
 hey kymcofan use 5gram weights with stock spring or 1000rpm toque spring and 2000rpm clutch   Hold on cause when it all locks up you will be throwing dirt off the rear tire! Lighter is almost always better (for rollers) Heavier is almost always better for springs.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()