Author Topic: 09 Agillity stalls & hesitates  (Read 7699 times)

yankee doodle

• View Profile
09 Agillity stalls & hesitates
« on: April 02, 2010, 12:43:51 AM »
 ???  HI You all . I brought my Agillity 50 back to the dealer for hesatation & stalling  when warming up in morning .And hesatation after that . Well guess what its the same as it was .Has anybody  have any Ideas ? They wearnt to Interested today when I called and told them . They said they couldnt get it to do it last time .But they put on the work order ajusted this and that .Got there warrenty money for doing nothing .So if anyone can give me some instruction that would be cool .Thanks And  If    you cant .Ill bug the dealership to no end .Your pal Yankee . D

joeboy

• View Profile
Re: 09 Agillity stalls & hesitates
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:50:56 AM »
You can drain the carb from the screw on the side of it without stripping it to see if there is any water or crap in the float chamber, but a full strip and clean is best along with a new fuel filter. Take a good look with a torch into the tank and see if there is any brown bubbles of water in the bottom if your not sure drain it while the carb is off.

Check the carb diaphram for holes.

Change your spark plug and check the cap is screwed onto the lead well.

If all this does not help you will have to check the valve clearances and do some further investigation.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:51:47 AM »
I would let the friendly dealer know they have 1 opportunity to actually correct what they were supposed to, or put a call into Kymco USA, reporting a dealer committing fraud/embezzlement. Try putting in a new spark-plug for starters. 75% of the time that will fix hesitation. Beyond that it may need a thorough carb. cleaning.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:59:38 AM »
If its when you just start it, I wouldnt worry too much it takes a few revs from the throttle to get her moving in the morning or in cold weather, once she gets going do you have that hesitation?  I know when its been sitting over night or after a long day of work I start her up and have to give her some throttle a few times before she gets going!  Sometimes she stalls but thats if you give it too much gas to quick or not enough, like i said once she warms up she gets to moving!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:01:44 AM by Kimcofan »

yankee doodle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 08:56:36 AM »
???  ILL tryer  guys and ler you know for other riders . Thanks Bros

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 10:35:54 AM »
You can drain the carb from the screw on the side of it without stripping it to see if there is any water or crap in the float chamber, but a full strip and clean is best along with a new fuel filter. Take a good look with a torch into the tank and see if there is any brown bubbles of water in the bottom if your not sure drain it while the carb is off.

...now that sound interesting...propane or acetylene???

.. :o
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 04:32:42 PM »
...now that sound interesting...propane or acetylene???

.. :o

we call flashlights torches in the uk..Partly because we want a constant light we dont want it to flash as such... ;D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 07:31:31 PM »
we call flashlights torches in the uk..Partly because we want a constant light we dont want it to flash as such... ;D

..actually...flashlights don't normally flash at all...lol..dunno why we call them that.. ???

yankee doodle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 10:22:01 PM »
 :D ILL try the plug first .Thanks to all of you .I sure am lucky to have so many friends .Your pal Yankee D

codger78

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 10:24:07 PM »
I got my 09 brand new last March and have put about 1300miles on it.  It has always stuttered sputtered and stalled if I try to ask too much from it for the first ten minutes.  It seems to be the nature of the beast so I start it up first thing and by the time I have my helmet on and stuff together it is usually ready.  Even then when I hit the road it may still be uneven for the first quarter mile or so........If anyone thinks this really unusual, please speak up.
borrowed dust

Dark13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 03:35:14 AM »
the reason flash lights are called such is because the first ones made had a crank that you had to turn to charge the battery and it would only work for a short time and die then you would crank it it would light up then die ect so it would look like you were flashing light then when better batteries were invented people in the uk started calling them torches simply to distinguish a difference between the 2

and that concludes Dark's useless history lesson for the day class dismissed
proud owner of a 2009 kymco agility 50

yankee doodle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 07:48:20 AM »
:(  I have the same problem Codger 78 you know what IM going through .Gas is ok .Put a flashlight down the tank thats OK .Next try a plug .After that pull the carb .And clean that out .After that bug the dealership .One way or another Ill get the stalling and all the time hesitation fixed ,Thanks . Yankee . d

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 10:55:45 AM »
I got my 09 brand new last March and have put about 1300miles on it.  It has always stuttered sputtered and stalled if I try to ask too much from it for the first ten minutes.  It seems to be the nature of the beast so I start it up first thing and by the time I have my helmet on and stuff together it is usually ready.  Even then when I hit the road it may still be uneven for the first quarter mile or so........If anyone thinks this really unusual, please speak up.
:(  I have the same problem Codger 78 you know what IM going through .Gas is ok .Put a flashlight down the tank thats OK .Next try a plug .After that pull the carb .And clean that out .After that bug the dealership .One way or another Ill get the stalling and all the time hesitation fixed ,Thanks . Yankee . d

..while it's not unusual to have to warm your scoot up for a bit...as in codger's case, i think yankee may have a bit of a problem..

..yanke..lets start over, and explain what happens step by step when you experiene these problems...

..we'll get 'r figured out...

yankee doodle

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 01:50:06 AM »
Step by step then . First warm up 6 to 8 mins walk away put my flag up come back sometimes shes stalled .Take off right away hesitation off and on all the way to work 6 miles .Stop at lights sometimes take off is great .Well thats it thanks for the help ! Your pal Yankee . D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 02:36:45 PM »
Step by step then . First warm up 6 to 8 mins walk away put my flag up come back sometimes shes stalled .Take off right away hesitation off and on all the way to work 6 miles .Stop at lights sometimes take off is great .Well thats it thanks for the help ! Your pal Yankee . D

..have you checked / cleaned your air filter?

..you may have nothing more wrong than your idle mixture..

..have you tried adjusting the idle mix screw on the lower left-hand side of your carb?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()