Author Topic: Wrong jet!!!  (Read 4547 times)

Kimcofan

• View Profile
Wrong jet!!!
« on: April 03, 2010, 04:28:55 PM »
I took apart scoot checked & reset valves, put on new K&N and went to rejet just my luck the threads on the jet were too big!!!
Now I have to get another jet WHY ME!!! I was looking forward to some speed, but upside acceleration has increased with air filter!! I know I know DONT RUN LEAN!!! I could have sworn the jet was the right size now I have to order a new jet that will work on my scoot!!!

Also what color clutch springs would be good?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 05:18:21 PM by Kimcofan »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong jet!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »
...okay, i'm gonna fess-up here...my main jet is actually a Kehin...it's threads were not a perfect match to the holder's threads...

..but that's the neat thing about brass...it's millable, and can be forced to comply to your will fairly easily...

..the threads would start..for about 3/4 of a turn, maybe a little more, then would begin to lock up..

..so, i broke out the thread lube and a cpl of wrenches..lubed it up real well and began to work the jet in and out of the holder, turning it in a little further each time...this generated heat, so i had to cool it from time to time..

..with a little patience, and a lotta lube, i was able to mold the two threads together..

..the other thing about the Kehin jet is that it was a bit longer than my original..(which i seem to have lost)..too long as a matter of fact, and I had to shave quite a bit off of it's head to get sufficient clearance between it and the carb's bowl...

..don't know if you want to try this, but if the threads will start, and you go slow, it should work...

peace
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:07:18 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 02:43:32 AM »
Yeah, this jet was way too fat for the opening...I know (thats what she said), Anyone know where to get a 105 jet that will fit the stock carb of an A50?

Oh yeah I did give her a nice short ride today and man o man nice acceleration, good power, decent up hill, but when nearing the 50 mph mark hearing pop pop pop in muffler like cherry bombs.  Im sure its some back pressure, need that jet Im sure she'll really move after jetting, and raising the needle.

what color clutch springs should I get?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 06:17:24 AM »
DUDE! STOP RIDING!!! The pop pop pop is backfiring. It happens when the engine is toooooo lean. You WILL BURN THE PISTON.  http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx   That's where you can get the jet. Find out which one you have in there now, and order three jets going 3-5 sizes bigger. If you have to ride go back to the stock air box until you get the jets.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 07:30:57 AM »
G'Day mate, can you post a pic of your existing jet? If I have one the same, I can send it to you, though it may be quicker to source one locally. Cheers and good luck.  :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 11:41:12 AM »
I cannot find a jet on stadium yamaha for anything, I will try to get a pic on here sometime today.  The biggest jet i can find for my A50 is a 95, I dont think they make anything bigger for the Agility short of doing what wordslinger did.
 I have a busy day today, happy easter everyone.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:04:14 PM by Kimcofan »

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 12:53:57 PM »
If you cant get one it is not hard to drill it out if you can find a drill the right size. if you go too large, like zombie said, you can easily solder it and use a sewing needle to get the correct size.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 02:21:49 PM »
Yeah, this jet was way too fat for the opening...I know (thats what she said), Anyone know where to get a 105 jet that will fit the stock carb of an A50?

Oh yeah I did give her a nice short ride today and man o man nice acceleration, good power, decent up hill, but when nearing the 50 mph mark hearing pop pop pop in muffler like cherry bombs.  Im sure its some back pressure, need that jet Im sure she'll really move after jetting, and raising the needle.

what color clutch springs should I get?

....one sure-fire way to stop that noise is to keep riding it...

.... :-\
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:23:51 PM by wordslinger »

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 02:24:30 PM »
Like I said I know dont run lean check out my first posting, just wanted to give her a test run....any way dont I need a drill press to drill the jet, I guess I can use a vice and drill to drill it what size drill bit do I need for a 105 hole?
Nevermind, I will use the jet I bought that was too big and find a bit that fits in that hole to get the size of the drill bit, I have an extra jet that came with the scoot when i bought it I will drill that one out thats an 82 jet the one in my bike is an 86.
Slinger you are running a 102 jet right? I figure a 105 will work with the bbk.

What color clutch springs are you running?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:33:45 PM by Kimcofan »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 02:55:43 PM »
..that'll be slightly larger than .041" drill to equal 1.05mm..that's probably not a "105" jet to every manufacturer but dude, don'tgo by what my setup is..it's ALWAYS been completely different that just about everybody else in here...do your plug cops...

..i'm running a white malossi 1000 main torque drive spring and blue +15% Leo Vince fly clutch springs...

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 03:03:58 PM »
I will, I am going to drill out the jet today, we will see how that goes, I found some blue springs for an a50 for 12 bucks, I think I will try them, I'll probably order them in the next week or two, I am ready to get this thing up to full par!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 03:31:15 PM »
..you get you some gas into that fuel mix, and you're gonna see a big difference....

Gravzy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 04:12:06 PM »
http://www.exportstrength.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_44_900&products_id=89
Although this is only a 88 this is fantastic with my performance filter got recommended by local dealer no problems yet :-)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 05:10:15 PM »
http://www.exportstrength.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_44_900&products_id=89
Although this is only a 88 this is fantastic with my performance filter got recommended by local dealer no problems yet :-)

..that's the first time i've ever seen a jet advertised specifically for the A50.....wow....

..no wonder i cldn't find one....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 06:25:59 PM »
 scooter assassins is a great tuning resource. I ordered several parts from them in the past. Shipping takes forever tho. they are in Taipei. Still a great place for performance parts. That Agility only bit I believe points to you and slinger having the same engines.?. Like sid suggests, and I live by it is MUCH easier to drill/solder your own sizes. I have lately been using torch tip cleaners to open them as all the sizes are in 1 neat little "kit", and I can do it all by hand. (no vise or drill). Just look for the kit w/ the most sizes.  http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsCompareAlternates.shtml
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()