Author Topic: Mod help  (Read 3347 times)

jaxbeachjohn

• View Profile
Mod help
« on: April 04, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »
ok now that my scoot is finally running right, im ready to throw some quick and easy mods on it! i wanted to start with the clutch. im doing 35-38 flat ground stock! If you guys wanted to put what you got and your results that would be awesome. or just what i should get! i wanna go fast (for a scooter) ha

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Mod help
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 05:41:03 PM »
From your top speed of 38 mph it sounds like the first thing you need to do is de-restrict the cdi.  You splice the two green wires on the cdi together.  That alone should get you up to about 44 mph.  From there it is a matter of how much faster you want to go, and how much money you want to spend.  Speed costs money! ;) 

I'm still working on fine tuning my set-up, but I'm hitting about 56 mph on the flat.  Drafting cars or downhill, not sure what It'll do yet!  My upgrades as follows:

Airsal 46mm cylinder
Arrreche 19mm carb (110 main, 25 pilot)
Technigas Next R chromed
K&N filter
Malossi Multivar w/ 8.5g sliders
Malossi Kevlar belt
Motorio clutch w/ red Jasil springs
Malossi Torque spring white
Motorio Secondary Gears (15/42)
Avon Viper Stryke Tires 120/70-12 Front, 130/70/12 Rear

jaxbeachjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 06:12:16 PM »
Actually i got a full power cdi(derestricted) coming from the manufacture Suitai!! yea i dont want to do much but maybe get some heavier roller weights! something just to make it go a lil faster. i read one post where zombie said he's pushing 65!! wow 45-50 would be all i need

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 06:50:04 PM »
Heavier rollers won't make you go any faster.  They will just slow your acceleration with no additional top end.  You are best of getting lighter rollers to help with acceleration, maybe 7.5g.  Change the variator to actually pick up on the top end.  Swapping to an open air filter and re-jetting may give you a little bit more as well.  That should be all you need to hit an easy 45+!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 07:34:27 PM »
Shaka is right on the money! An open filter, w/ re-jet will add 4-5 mph topend, and get you there Quicker. The cdi will benifit from lighter rollers, as you will have more available rpm's from the engine. I have a Malossi 47mm Cast iron jug kit, Cleaned up the casting, milled .5mm off the head, and opened the exhaust port to match the pipe, which is the Technigas r-2. I use Boysen reed material that I cut to fit. from a yz 80 Yamaha (.30 stock carbon fiber). 28mm Delorto phbh carb, K&N type air filt. Malossi multi var, and Malossi Delta clutch w/ yellow contra & fly springs. 5.5gr Malossi rollers, and Malossi Kevlar belt. Before I owned the scoot the orig. owner had Polinni secondaries installed. The final ratio is 8.3:1. Same tires as Shaka. I also re tuned the silencer w/ 4 wraps of fab mat glass cloth. (sometimes I use it and sometimes I leave it open). Also a Racing ciol from Provo Scooter, w/ a factory plug boot. And of course the Suitai tuned cdi. I steadily reach 62-65 w/ a fresh piston/rings. Cruises at 50-55 w/ room to spare. (I can easily pass cars doing 55). I am looking for a stiffener kit for the frame tho. Hit a hole at 60, and you feel the frame flex more than I trust. All this took about 3-4 months of trial, and error to set up. but it is a good recipe for the zx/superfever.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jaxbeachjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 09:12:23 PM »
i heard something about just cutting the back off the boss drive or buying one without that back edge and it would increase the top speed. is that true?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 10:53:49 PM »
On the zx/superfever there is no limiter on the var. The cdi did the limiting. The var itself is smaller, so by design it only allows a certain amount of travel. Shaka has found a way around this, by extending the throw of the rollers, but thus far is keeping tight lips about it. Maybe if we all say Pretty Please he will give it up! PRETTY PLEASE!!!~ W/ SUGAR ON TOP!!!~ Other wise get the Malossi var from...  http://www.malossiusaonline.com/category_s/321.htm
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 11:27:44 PM »
Almost there, I uploaded some pics anyways!  I'll throw it on tomorrow and do a performance test.  I'll share after I know it works! ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 02:48:29 AM »
Were your ears ringing Bro? Or does the pretty please really work?

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 03:14:47 AM »
Pics? where?
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 03:21:25 AM »
Get him Sid! You forgot P.P.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 04:42:46 AM »
Nope, not posted anywhere.  I dumped 'em off my camera. I'll post 'em up tomorrow with some actual experience with what it does.
Patience for all good things my friend! ;)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 04:54:40 AM »
I love pics. Pretty Please. :)

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »
Here's a preliminary pic before complete, but that's all till tomorrow! ;D

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 06:32:17 AM »
Now, if I get my mirror.... hmmmm.... maybe just wait until tomorrow.lol :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()